Sign in to follow this  
DarkAlphaWolf1

A arcade?

I got this idea from the off topic part of the forums but how about a arcade for people to play in with high scores, tickets and prizes. people could buy places in the town and turn into a arcade. the arcades would be expensive as it would cost a big amount for the arcade machines. tickets and prizes would be optional and could be what makes a arcade better then it's competitors. plus if there was a high amount of arcades, this could mean that you don't have arcade game that people want to play leading to more competition for money between arcades. this would also give other players different jobs and provide entertainment for players in the server.

I heard there will be a fair, maybe you can play cool fair games :) there is highscores at fairs as well but I think owning a arcade would be pretty cool.
Source: Go to 11:54

Edited by Mastahakill

There will probably be a midway in the fair where you can win physical prizes, but I don't think there will be arcade games. Having games inside of a game might be a little too much for the servers to handle. I could be wrong though.

37 minutes ago, Devonor said:

There will probably be a midway in the fair where you can win physical prizes, but I don't think there will be arcade games. Having games inside of a game might be a little too much for the servers to handle. I could be wrong though.

I believe hearing there will be a game on the in-game computer.

thanks for sending me to this video as it was interesting to watch but i feel like a fair and a arcade are two separate things. the fair is still a cool idea though. also about server performance, server performance will be based on the quality of a the servers and looking at what they promise it seems like there going for some high quality servers/server to keep it up and running. here is the thing about arcade games, there really small and would have no affect on performance. most arcade games are a few kb each all it really would be is the look of the arcade machine itself would take up more space and performance and that is still very little.

15 hours ago, Devonor said:

well what it could do is like gta online where you start an adversary mode and it puts you in a separate server, but instead in identity you would have to go to a physical place to start then you enter via machine, then the "freemode" server would have less lag, and the game could pass this off as the arcade booting up to make this system more realistic.

Edited by NyanRadscorpion

2 hours ago, NyanRadscorpion said:

well what it could do is like gta online where you start an adversary mode and it puts you in a separate server, but instead in identity you would have to go to a physical place to start then you enter via machine, then the "freemode" server would have less lag, and the game could pass this off as the arcade booting up to make this system more realistic.

Except from identity devs don't like a GTA style way of doing things e.g. they want things to be not "loading" for stuff and like it to all be seem less instead as because loading screens mean immersion breaks.