I'm not sure exactly how many of you would be interested in this sort of thing, but once the full game releases, i would love to set up car meets and meet a ton of you all. I am huge into cars and cant wait to see how the devs have in store for us customization wise and i cant wait to see what you all do with your cars in game. I dont really care what kind of car you drive, muscle, import, truck, offroad, beater, bike, i just want a large social gathering of like minded people where we can all just sort of hang out and check out each others cars and get to know each other. I do plan on playing this with a good friend of mine but he isnt into cars like i am. Age doesnt really matter to me either as long as we're all respectful of each others cars and mature about everything. Sure the RP scenarios will be there for rivalries and races, but in all, i want for there to be a group of people who get to know each other and develop a true friendship all because we decided to go hang out with our cars.

I guess, i kind of want to know you guy's thoughts on this. Would it be something that many of you would be interested in? Would anyone care to join me in opening a shop? Let me know your thoughts and hopefully we can continue to develop friendships starting here.

See ya guys around!

Jack Leyhe

*EDIT* Devonor makes a good point. If we have enough people, would you guys be interested in me creating a steam group for the meets so everyone is notified of when and where? Seems like a good idea. I would also love to set up an actual car group in game with a name and logo for those interested to put on their cars (If thats something that we can do) Let me know, glad to see some interest in this.

*EDIT 2* Discord Link here------>  https://discord.gg/Pt9KcHP

Edited by ItsJedi
Added Discord Link
  • Like 6

I'll see you around in the car scene, that's for sure! I dunno what will be possible right off the bat from racing to customizing cars, but whatever it is count me in! That is primarily what I want to do in this game is customize, race and showoff cars. So hopefully the devs nail this aspect of the game.

• Like 3

I would be totally down for this if you get enough people. You could make a discord or steam group to set up events and get everyone together. I'll be looking forward to more information soon :-)

• Like 4

Couldn't agree more, hoping for a kind of "My summer car" parts system. Would be amazing to me. Funny little story...i used to drift competitively on Forza 4 and my drift team was named "Redline" So i can already tell i'm going to get along with you!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devonor said:

I would be totally down for this if you get enough people. You could make a discord or steam group to set up events and get everyone together. I'll be looking forward to more information soon :-)

Yea if someone starts one up post an invite here, I would help out with the discord too if we had some interested members

5 minutes ago, ItsJedi said:

Couldn't agree more, hoping for a kind of "My summer car" parts system. Would be amazing to me. Funny little story...i used to drift competitively on Forza 4 and my drift team was named "Redline" So i can already tell i'm going to get along with you!

YES! That's awesome! I miss the good old Forza 3 days in all honesty.. Went to PC before more Forza's came out and refuse to install Win10 :(

I'll leave this open until monday and see what it looks like them. If we have enough interested parties then we can look into the discord group and steam group. Didnt expect interest this soon to be honest.

5 minutes ago, REDLiNE said:

YES! That's awesome! I miss the good old Forza 3 days in all honesty.. Went to PC before more Forza's came out and refuse to install Win10 :(

Completely understand haha. I wont do Win10 until its required by all new games. I miss my drifting days and still have a few logos laying around on my pc...so...if we wanted...we could reuse my old drift team as a car group in game...just a thought

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ItsJedi said:

Completely understand haha. I wont do Win10 until its required by all new games. I miss my drifting days and still have a few logos laying around on my pc...so...if we wanted...we could reuse my old drift team as a car group in game...just a thought

Yea I dont see why not, I wonder if we will be able to manage our names in game, I would feel weird being REDLiNE in the crew Redline ahahha but I am sure we can figure it out, and yeahopefully interest shows, so far this topic did explode pretty quick!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, REDLiNE said:

Yea I dont see why not, I wonder if we will be able to manage our names in game, I would feel weird being REDLiNE in the crew Redline ahahha but I am sure we can figure it out, and yeahopefully interest shows, so far this topic did explode pretty quick!

if not we could also just come up with another name for the group. Either way, its going to be great having people to cruise with and hang out when we arent doing other activities. Also cant wait to have a house somewhere and have a ton of cars parked outside all modified and looking sexy. Mannequin Challenge anyone?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, REDLiNE said:

11 minutes ago, ItsJedi said:

Why do you guys refuse to upgrade to Windows 10? At first I was reluctant too, but it is far better than Windows 8 and also still better than Windows 7. It is a lot better than I expected it to be and I think you should consider upgrading. I play Forza on my Windows 10 and I am absolutely in love with it.

5 minutes ago, Devonor said:

Why do you guys refuse to upgrade to Windows 10? At first I was reluctant too, but it is far better than Windows 8 and also still better than Windows 7. It is a lot better than I expected it to be and I think you should consider upgrading. I play Forza on my Windows 10 and I am absolutely in love with it.

ive just heard a ton of horror stories surrounding win10. Maybe now its a lot better than it used to be. Who knows, maybe when i upgrade more things on my machine ill actually go ahead and go to 10.

ive just heard a ton of horror stories surrounding win10. Maybe now its a lot better than it used to be. Who knows, maybe when i upgrade more things on my machine ill actually go ahead and go to 10.

What OS are you playing on now? Because if you're playing on Windows 8 then I would most definitely suggest upgrading because Windows 8 sucks dick.

9 minutes ago, ItsJedi said:

if not we could also just come up with another name for the group. Either way, its going to be great having people to cruise with and hang out when we arent doing other activities. Also cant wait to have a house somewhere and have a ton of cars parked outside all modified and looking sexy. Mannequin Challenge anyone?

We'll be living the dream, my friend

6 minutes ago, Devonor said:

What OS are you playing on now? Because if you're playing on Windows 8 then I would most definitely suggest upgrading because Windows 8 sucks dick.

We'll be living the dream, my friend

win7 pro got a good deal on it when i built my pc. And i cant wait even for just the Town Square, I'm so bored of all my games.

Edited by ItsJedi

win7 pro got a good deal on it when i built my pc. And i cant wait even for just the Town Square, I'm so bored of all my games.

Definitely consider it! Even though it isn't free anymore, I don't think the price is too bad.

I have been spending most of my free time (when I would be playing games) on these forums because Identity is all I can think about gamewise lol. A little bit pathetic if you ask me, but hey! There's thousands of others doing the same thing so

4 minutes ago, Devonor said:

Definitely consider it! Even though it isn't free anymore, I don't think the price is too bad.

I have been spending most of my free time (when I would be playing games) on these forums because Identity is all I can think about gamewise lol. A little bit pathetic if you ask me, but hey! There's thousands of others doing the same thing so

id be one of those thousands of people lol. Im just working and trying to stay busy. Although if Town Square released when i go on vacation at the end of May i would die. haha GF wants to go to San Antonio for vacation and i might have to tell her we arent going.

• Like 1

Me and two of my buddies run a meetup and racing group called the Midnight Chasers. If you are interested you can find our post in the hideout section or I can post a link. We have some good ideas set up for this group and much like you want we have our own steam group and teamspeak server 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Devonor said:

I made us a discord and as people wanna join us they can.. Made it REDLiNE as from the idea above. Link is non-expirable. https://discord.gg/Pt9KcHP

5 minutes ago, JonathanTaylor said:

Me and two of my buddies run a meetup and racing group called the Midnight Chasers. If you are interested you can find our post in the hideout section or I can post a link. We have some good ideas set up for this group and much like you want we have our own steam group and teamspeak server 

Sounds like a good deal, maybe we can get together and have one giant meet up sometime. Maybe host a full on show. I'll DM you sometime and we can talk a bit

• Like 1

Sounds like a good deal, maybe we can get together and have one giant meet up sometime. Maybe host a full on show. I'll DM you sometime and we can talk a bit

Yeh no worries bud. Ill leave a link to our org here just so you can check it out. We do a lot of GTA V meets if you ever want to join us :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonathanTaylor said:

Yeh no worries bud. Ill leave a link to our org here just so you can check it out. We do a lot of GTA V meets if you ever want to join us :) 

Sounds good man!

• Like 1

I can see car meets being a regular thing across all kinds of servers, a great way to meet new people and hang out in general in a nice part of the city. In the latest dev interview though I don't know how much variety you will have with cars, they have said the game theme in general is a modern America and most people will be driving standard sedans and SUV's (to being with anyway) so not an emphasis on old classics etc, however in the first look there is clearly a muscle car in the garage so there might be something but also that might be the only thing to choose. In the end its about the social aspect of the gathering but I would like to see a range of both new cars and old classics make their way into the game at some point especially if upgrading and tweaking your vehicles is very detailed with a ton of features 

• Like 1

I'd love something like this, especially with all of the customization options available. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sure there'll be lots of car meets. The real interesting stuff will be when the police come along to sort things out...

8 hours ago, flowermouth said:

Yeah I'm sure there'll be lots of car meets. The real interesting stuff will be when the police come along to sort things out...

Well the only reason the police would need to pay a visit is if you started illegally street racing.

• Like 1