Hey there do any of you guys know if this game will be modifiable lets say a private server wish to add in some new cars or buildings or even jobs ect will that be possible or not? I'm hoping it will be because mods can bring out even more roleplay. 

Edited by The_Devils_Son
added in jobs

as far as i know no,

i personaly hope they will end up doing it eitherway

6 minutes ago, dimin69 said:

as far as i know no,

i personaly hope they will end up doing it eitherway

You can find the answer in the FAQ Extended. but no there is no plans for modding and I personally hope it stays that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You can find the answer in the FAQ Extended. but no there is no plans for modding and I personally hope it stays that way.

why ? , most games that are great have modding support :P

4 minutes ago, dimin69 said:

why ? , most games that are great have modding support :P

Because, modding can be great but it also can ruin a game... I would rather the devs do it instead of players as they deserve to make the game better if it is either with patches or just DLC's. Also Modding means that people will make things like unrealistic stuff, anime, and other things which will ruin the game.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Because, modding can be great but it also can ruin a game... I would rather the devs do it instead of players as they deserve to make the game better if it is either with patches or just DLC's. Also Modding means that people will make things like unrealistic stuff, anime, and other things which will ruin the game.

yet you don't realy mentiod why mods are bad :(

but yes modding can make it unrealistic add anime shit or what ever. but does that mean you have to use it ?

look at arma , you want to play a mill sim you can ,you want to play a life mod ? you can, you want to play zombie survival ? you can. if devs don't make it the players can add it, look at gta right now , people are playing a roleplay mod , something the dev's didn't make now other people did it and people love it. yet there also mods out there that are straight up shit. do people play them ? no. but thats not my or your problem.

ofcourse we don't know the limits of identity right now. i personaly can only find one argument why mods are bad: it cost time for the devs to allow us to make them (modding tools have to be made). but other then that i think it would be awsome to have them

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dimin69 said:

but yes modding can make it unrealistic add anime shit or what ever. but does that mean you have to use it ?

look at arma , you want to play a mill sim you can ,you want to play a life mod ? you can, you want to play zombie survival ? you can. if devs don't make it the players can add it, look at gta right now , people are playing a roleplay mod , something the dev's didn't make now other people did it and people love it. yet there also mods out there that are straight up shit. do people play them ? no. but thats not my or your problem.

ofcourse we don't know the limits of identity right now. i personaly can only find one argument why mods are bad: it cost time for the devs to allow us to make them (modding tools have to be made). but other then that i think it would be awsome to have them

It was just my opinion, but if they do add modding then that is up to the developers. I personally will just prefer they do the work and that be it because they deserve that while keeping it original.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dimin69 said:

Everyone have there reasons for wanting mods or not but I think that GTA and its mods are not comparable. GTA is not a RP game, it also happens to have devs who don't care how they do it, I mean it is not their dream game. The devs are doing it for the money mainly. Identity devs deserve to get the extra money instead of having mods because then every server will get the content and not one single one. There is no need for people to add more cars because the devs are going to add like 200 cars and so why does anyone need more? I personally think that more cars can come as updates for the game, a new island can be added as a DLC, a re-texture and such with timeline changing can also be done as DLC's.

One of the first things people will do is add sex to the game (Personally I do not care) but the devs do and if they wanted it then they would add it but people will run naked through the streets if there was nudity breaking immersion, having sex anywhere also breaking immersion and also "Players" tend to go to the modded communities more than the original ones and that is just annoying because if a mod is not made public and only one server has it then people will go to that server but if the devs create the content instead then Every server will have the content and so no one will have a different server other than via settings/ controls etc.

10 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Everyone have there reasons for wanting mods or not but I think that GTA and its mods are not comparable. GTA is not a RP game, it also happens to have devs who don't care how they do it, I mean it is not their dream game. The devs are doing it for the money mainly. Identity devs deserve to get the extra money instead of having mods because then every server will get the content and not one single one. There is no need for people to add more cars because the devs are going to add like 200 cars and so why does anyone need more? I personally think that more cars can come as updates for the game, a new island can be added as a DLC, a re-texture and such with timeline changing can also be done as DLC's.

One of the first things people will do is add sex to the game (Personally I do not care) but the devs do and if they wanted it then they would add it but people will run naked through the streets if there was nudity breaking immersion, having sex anywhere also breaking immersion and also "Players" tend to go to the modded communities more than the original ones and that is just annoying because if a mod is not made public and only one server has it then people will go to that server but if the devs create the content instead then Every server will have the content and so no one will have a different server other than via settings/ controls etc.

true , but people will go to private servers either way, and if people  go to a modded private server that means that that server did something that the dev's didn't do.

and again if a server has a nudity mod. and you don't wan't that , dont play on that server :)

idk we will have to wait and see but personaly i think mods can add a extra few life years to a game

10 minutes ago, dimin69 said:

true , but people will go to private servers either way, and if people  go to a modded private server that means that that server did something that the dev's didn't do.

and again if a server has a nudity mod. and you don't wan't that , dont play on that server :)

idk we will have to wait and see but personaly i think mods can add a extra few life years to a game

You see this quote below, that is something what i said in the post above.... I don't care about sex in the game personally, but the developers do and they don't want it in the game via any method and if they did then they would add it themselves!

One of the first things people will do is add sex to the game (Personally I do not care) but the devs do and if they wanted it then they would add it

If there are mods, people will swarm modded communities generally because they have modding and so it ruins the other servers, (NOT official) but the other private ones but not only that I think the devs should have a chance to put everything in and if they do it then they still keep the game to the main line which will allow everyone having the content and it can be disabled or enabled by private server owners. Don't get me wrong but modding is good but most mods made will be utter crap and that just ruins the game overall and I'd rather pay for more content than get it for free from modding, but that is to an extent of updates and after all the updates for the planned content.

Another thing is mods can make the game last longer look at Arma 3 do you really think arma would of lasted so long without mods. Like Dimin89 said if people wish to play unmodded they can but if people want to mod why stop them, because Just like GTA V and Arma 3 allot of people buy those games to mod nowadays that equals more profit. Another thing to note what happens if a private server wishes to have there own police car skins or ambulance skins or even undercover cars because to be honest they should at-least be able todo that.

58 minutes ago, The_Devils_Son said:

Another thing is mods can make the game last longer look at Arma 3 do you really think arma would of lasted so long without mods. Like Dimin89 said if people wish to play unmodded they can but if people want to mod why stop them, because Just like GTA V and Arma 3 allot of people buy those games to mod nowadays that equals more profit. Another thing to note what happens if a private server wishes to have there own police car skins or ambulance skins or even undercover cars because to be honest they should at-least be able todo that.

At the end of the day it is the devs decision and their one is as such for now and could change in the far future after full release.

Id say let the game get released then this stuff could follow still got a long way to go yet :(

• Like 1

Modding could be pretty cool and would keep the game fresh for people on unofficial servers.

However, I don't wanna see instant richness mods or anything like that, maybe just more cars and things like that.

• Like 1

i personally think modding should stay out of this, my reason being is that this is a realistic game based on real life and should stay that way, modding will only lead to people going over the top and making silly unrealistic creations.

i say no thank you to mods but that shouldn't stop other players being able to enjoy them on other games

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

i personally think modding should stay out of this, my reason being is that this is a realistic game based on real life and should stay that way, modding will only lead to people going over the top and making silly unrealistic creations.

i say no thank you to mods but that shouldn't stop other players being able to enjoy them on other games

You must of been on allot of bad mods in the past. Because almost every single one i came across on arma 3 is good and realistic, Then again i always do deep research on any mods i am going to install or any servers i join to see if they really are good. And like it was said above bad ones usually die out. So why not add modding support? if someone does not wish to mod they don't have to, but the people who do can if they so wish.

The developers have confirmed on countless occasions that there will not be mod support, so you can stop whining about it. Mods ruin games. It's that simple. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Devonor said:

The developers have confirmed on countless occasions that there will not be mod support, so you can stop whining about it. Mods ruin games. It's that simple. 

Seriously you got any way to backup that claim? All the games mods have saved so far Arma 3 (even mission files for altis servers are technically modding), GTA San andreas SA:MP was a mod....Going to other none roleplay games but still got saved by mods Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Fallout 4... I could list more but really no point in the end mods don't ruin games they can improve them. Yes i know there are some bad mod's out there but there is allot of good ones also.

Incase i will Backup my own claim on that also... So Arma 3 mission files still are modified data to work for the client and server, like altis life would not be around if mission files could not be made/edited. And then there is bigger Arma mods where you need to download secondary content which a mission file cannot provide. SA:MP is a mod to play on multiplayer admittedly i never played SA:MP however i know allot of servers still run for it and has quite allot of players still (google search) and even looking up on youtube i do see allot of good roleplay servers there. Now onto the none roleplay games again, Fallout 3 does not work for windows 10 anymore unless you mod it and after that it has tons of mods which are great, Fallout New Vegas has tons of great mods, Fallout 4 well has quite afew good one's but its has allot of limitations so i give fallout 4 a meh. My point being mods don't ruin games there are a ton of good ones out there just sadly sometimes there are bad ones too. Same as games there are good games and bad games just like the rest of the things on this planet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The_Devils_Son said:

Incase i will Backup my own claim on that also... So Arma 3 mission files still are modified data to work for the client and server, like altis life would not be around if mission files could not be made/edited. And then there is bigger Arma mods where you need to download secondary content which a mission file cannot provide. SA:MP is a mod to play on multiplayer admittedly i never played SA:MP however i know allot of servers still run for it and has quite allot of players still (google search) and even looking up on youtube i do see allot of good roleplay servers there. Now onto the none roleplay games again, Fallout 3 does not work for windows 10 anymore unless you mod it and after that it has tons of mods which are great, Fallout New Vegas has tons of great mods, Fallout 4 well has quite afew good one's but its has allot of limitations so i give fallout 4 a meh. My point being mods don't ruin games there are a ton of good ones out there just sadly sometimes there are bad ones too. Same as games there are good games and bad games just like the rest of the things on this planet.

Mods don't ruin games that they are incorporated into by design. Games that dont support mods and people make mods for the purpose of exploiting the game ruins games.. Generally that doesn't happen on games that allow mods, with this particular game personally I think the best idea is to let the private server admins create and manage mods and control it at that level, so that every player cannot do mods and it's not on the public servers, then those with the urge to do so can play there, without someone creating a 3rd party mod that may be harmful to other players experience that would work everywhere. That's my take....

• Like 2

No sure where all your GTA information came from but most, if not all is wrong. 

Rockstar has no issue with PC Performance mods, however they hate with a passion any mod that manipulates the online servers and potentially fucks with their micro transactions.  

Last I checked Rockstar was working on legal ways to shut down 5Reborn and 5RP, due to the fact it messes with the online transactions, and fucks with Rockstar and their dedicated servers.  The only reason why they are still around today is because the modders have had to dedicate their own servers to it. 

To save they don't care is redundant, considering online is a majority of their profit right now. 

As for SAMP. GTA SA had no online capabilities so Rockstar wasn't paying any dedicated servers, and thus didn't care when SAMP launched. Since the launch of GTA 4, Rockstar has paid for dedicated servers and thus go after those who fuck with it....

To say Rockstar is fine with people messing and modding GTA V is not fully true. The Housers aren't fans. 

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo

On 5/4/2017 at 11:05 PM, The_Devils_Son said:

You must of been on allot of bad mods in the past. Because almost every single one i came across on arma 3 is good and realistic, Then again i always do deep research on any mods i am going to install or any servers i join to see if they really are good. And like it was said above bad ones usually die out. So why not add modding support? if someone does not wish to mod they don't have to, but the people who do can if they so wish.

i don't agree with modding on games like this because it takes away the realism, modding games like gta and arma aren't an issue because they aren't realistic or heavy role playing games, if the devs want this to be as real as possible then modding shouldn't be included, not all games need mods to be enjoyable and modding shouldn't be the main selling point for buying a game

2 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

i don't agree with modding on games like this because it takes away the realism, modding games like gta and arma aren't an issue because they aren't realistic or heavy role playing games, if the devs want this to be as real as possible then modding shouldn't be included, not all games need mods to be enjoyable and modding shouldn't be the main selling point for buying a game

Yet there are mods that can add realism..... like they say there wont be undercover police cars on release in their FaQ, Almost every cop force on this planet has a undercover police car's so a mod could add that in then a private server owner could add it to their server ,and that's just 1 example.  Also there is quite a-few hardcore roleplay servers on Arma and GTA V. I do agree modding should not be a selling point on a game however mods can increase a lifespan of a game and some of them can bring even more realistic stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Devils_Son said:

Yet there are mods that can add realism..... like they say there wont be undercover police cars on release in their FaQ, Almost every cop force on this planet has a undercover police car's so a mod could add that in then a private server owner could add it to their server ,and that's just 1 example.  Also there is quite a-few hardcore roleplay servers on Arma and GTA V. I do agree modding should not be a selling point on a game however mods can increase a lifespan of a game and some of them can bring even more realistic stuff.

I don't think you understand, this game is heavily based on realism, that means modding can't really add much more and anything mods could add is based off of features that the Devs don't want to add, for example undercover police cars, the Devs have already said they want a clear difference between police officers and civilians and that means that won't happen, again mods are best left out of this game, if you want mods go play one of the many other games that have them but as far as everyone else is concerned the Devs aren't going to add modding to the game for obvious reasons, im sorry if you're the only one who wants mods but that doesn't mean everyone else should have to want them 

Thing is i'm not the only one who wants mods if you read above this topic you can see. Even a little google search shows other topics and posts.  And like i said above only if you wish to mod we should be able to, and if people wish to play on vanilla they can play on official servers or vanilla private servers.

Edited by The_Devils_Son
re-worded