MrSeven

Spec list?

Question

Is there a spec list out there yet, I wanna buy the game but I wanna make sure I can run the game before I spend money on a game I may not be able to run.

3 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, MrSeven said:

Is there a spec list out there yet, I wanna buy the game but I wanna make sure I can run the game before I spend money on a game I may not be able to run.

No, as it is too early for this to be accurate enough to give and so, as for now if you can run games like GTA V, ArmA3 or ARK then you should be fine.

Honestly, I don't get we keep saying, it's too early for there to be any specs, and then in the same breath, if you can run GTA V, Arma, Or Ark...We should be fine. Why not just spit out the specs required for those games, or maybe someone with knowledge on different spec requirements, give us an example list.

For example minimum, recommended, and optimal specs. I know they haven't stated what the specs will be but, an actual example might help alot of ppl. I was one of those people that jumped on to PC just to be able to play Identity. When ur looking to buy a PC,  "if you can run GTA V , Arma 3....you'll be fine" Ok what runs those games, and what level of grapical awesomeness would you like to experience.

We get all these other speculations about the game. Modules were supposed to released, pushed back so more ppl can play on servers.  Other things have changed as well. So why can't we get a spec requirement, with the notification,and that it may change in the future. I went way above my means to get a PC to be able to handle this game. It might help other people narrow down what they are looking for.

Some people want optimal requirements not recommended or minimum. I'm honestly wondering what this games minimum, recommended and optimal specs will actually be. I jumped to PC because I want as much PC goodness as I can get. I play most of my games on 4k with ultra to high settings. BeamNG.Drive has some simulation like car physics, which Identity will also have on a more massive scale.

Now I put like maybe 12 cars on the same level. JUST 12 and my frame rates dropped crazy low, way below anything that could be enjoyed if you had to play that way. This is just a desert map with highways and some foilage, and not much in the way of buildings. In other words, no where near there scale and detail Identity is supposed to encompass.

So I can run GTA V, online in 4k at 60fps even while streaming, With the one gpu. But 12 cars offline and BeamNG looks like a slide show preview of stills, instead of a game. Are we really sure about a pc being able to play GTA V and Arma 3, also being able to handle Identity. This is not to start a debate, but to get a better idea of what kinda pc specs will be needed for playing Identity at minimum, recommended, and optimal specs.

I have told ppl myself, that they haven't released specs yet... but it would be nice to give people a more accurate idea atleast until the devs release solid spec recommendations. Being one who was asking that very same question, and didn't find "if you can run gta v, Arma 3, and Ark", very helpful. As I didn't know what specs were required to play those games at the performance I wanted.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
correction

@JohnNYBlaze @LuckyDuck likely was meant to say "for now the best bet is if you can run these games......... then you should be fine, but at the same time it is too early to give accurate specs."

But generally the devs don't want to give specs until they have high accuracy because the graphics will change a lot during this year being from module release to the full game. They need to wait to give the right estimate/ accurate specs because it is better with accuracy instead of guessing.

Games like GTA V are games that need good computers to run, Arma 3 for example needs high specs + it is not optimised fully.