drJames

Questions and Stuff about the game

Hello, I got some questions and suggestions about the game. It would be awesome if you could help!

So I was wondering if we will be able to make Movies or TV shows or any kind of shows that could be shown in TVs at home. For example, Im thinking of doing a News Station, So we have our own TV show that we must stream.. and so on. And so we could build up this tycoon and Start getting News vans or even Helis ( Maybe not that far but it would be awesome anyways lol ) So we could capture car chases and so on. I could do all the video editing or even do this as a stream on twitch or what ever. But would it be possible to show it on TVs? 

Also will we have props as Cameras, Microphones, Books, Stuff like that? For example we could use a camera to capture stuff for the News, If you get what i mean.

Also what about Cinemas? Would it be possible that we can make our own Movies? Honestly that would really be amazing. I heard that Movies will be shown, But can we make our own? and get money through it?

And One thing, If we make a Company like a News Stations ( If it be possible ) or Radio stations, Will we automatically get paid for doing it as like a normal tycoon, Or people must watch or listen to it in order for us to get paid?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

On another topic, What are the devs Opinions on Sport, I've heard some stuff about it, But how will it work exactly?

Thats it, Thank you very much! 

6 minutes ago, drJames said:

So I was wondering if we will be able to make Movies or TV shows or any kind of shows that could be shown in TVs at home.

No, not in-game but you can do it externally e.g. stream it on twitch or have a YT video that players can watch in-game on the TV.

7 minutes ago, drJames said:

For example, Im thinking of doing a News Station, So we have our own TV show that we must stream.. and so on

You can host a radio station but unfortunately not a TV one.

8 minutes ago, drJames said:

And so we could build up this tycoon and Start getting News vans or even Helis

No Air Vehicles in the game.

9 minutes ago, drJames said:

So we could capture car chases and so on. I could do all the video editing or even do this as a stream on twitch or what ever. But would it be possible to show it on TVs? 

Yes, you can do it on twitch and YT that people can watch on the TV's but have to search for it themselves.

10 minutes ago, drJames said:

Also will we have props as Cameras, Microphones, Books, Stuff like that? For example we could use a camera to capture stuff for the News, If you get what i mean.

No camera objects as they are high on networking.

Microphones like the ones which on stage yes but not like a TV broadcast one etc.

Books, you can write your own books in-game, you can write a column in the newspaper too.

11 minutes ago, drJames said:

Also what about Cinemas? Would it be possible that we can make our own Movies? Honestly that would really be amazing. I heard that Movies will be shown, But can we make our own? and get money through it?

No, you can't unfortunately but would have been cool.

13 minutes ago, drJames said:

And One thing, If we make a Company like a News Stations ( If it be possible ) or Radio stations, Will we automatically get paid for doing it as like a normal tycoon, Or people must watch or listen to it in order for us to get paid?

no news stations but radio stations I am unsure how you will get paid and no one really knows that answer as of yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drJames said:

Thank you a lot!

Update on last part...  

You can't really create a corporation for the radio station stuff unfortunately. It's just an activity that anyone can get involved with. It won't pay out any money.

Although the devs could probably do something where it passively pays out based on listeners. 

And No problem.

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Update on last part...  

You can't really create a corporation for the radio station stuff unfortunately. It's just an activity that anyone can get involved with. It won't pay out any money.

Although we could probably do something where it passively pays out based on listeners.

Oh. Well thats unfortunate. But thanks anyways.

5 minutes ago, drJames said:

Oh. Well thats unfortunate. But thanks anyways.

No problem, just happy to help.

5 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Update on last part...  

Although the devs could probably do something where it passively pays out based on listeners. 

And No problem.

Won't pay out money? Ever heard of advertising? Charge player businesses to advertise on your radio station and boom profit.

9 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

Won't pay out money? Ever heard of advertising? Charge player businesses to advertise on your radio station and boom profit.

It is meant that the radio host is not automatically paid and is an extra thing that anyone can do.

• Like 1

This sounds like a great game. I searched the forums and couldn't find any answers to some questions i have:

1) Will there be cell phones to purchase to contact other players rather than hear them across the map like in other games? I just think you shouldn't be able to hear someone unless in close range, and police and organized crime will need their privacy. And will the phone be traced (registered) to a player? If so, will there be burner phones?

2) If yes to #1, will the police force be able to tap phones and if so, will they need a court order?

3) Will response time for police be as fast as they can get there, or will they teleport if accepting the call?

4) What will the jail sentence time be (min to max)? And are visitors allowed?

5) What will the game start you with (money, apartment etc)?

6) Will there be patents on items created or can i mass produce someones design?

7) Will there be criminal records kept on people for the police and or public?

8) If i die in battle whether I'm police or criminal, what will be the repercussion? Found answer in FAQ

9) Will you be able to hide your identity (name tag) if you wear a mask?--- Found answer in FAQ

Edited by who_am_i
found answer in FAQ

17 hours ago, who_am_i said:

This sounds like a great game. I searched the forums and couldn't find any answers to some questions i have:

1) Will there be cell phones to purchase to contact other players rather than hear them across the map like in other games? I just think you shouldn't be able to hear someone unless in close range, and police and organized crime will need their privacy. And will the phone be traced (registered) to a player? If so, will there be burner phones?

2) If yes to #1, will the police force be able to tap phones and if so, will they need a court order?

3) Will response time for police be as fast as they can get there, or will they teleport if accepting the call?

4) What will the jail sentence time be (min to max)? And are visitors allowed?

5) What will the game start you with (money, apartment etc)?

6) Will there be patents on items created or can i mass produce someones design?

7) Will there be criminal records kept on people for the police and or public?

8) If i die in battle whether I'm police or criminal, what will be the repercussion? Found answer in FAQ

9) Will you be able to hide your identity (name tag) if you wear a mask?--- Found answer in FAQ

1. Cell phones (Mobile phones known as here), they won't be purchasable, but you will have one and it can't be stolen. The phones can't be traced and it won't be a such sophisticated level in the game on these things.

2. No they can't do it as it is not a mechanic in the game. 

3. Police are players and so they won't teleport as that is not immersive/ realistic.

4. There is Jail and Prison in the game and Jail is a lower sentence time and prison will be for major crimes. Prison time is set to 45 minutes max but will likely be made longer in the future as it is set to that for testing purposes.

5. You will likely have very little money at start e.g. $100 probably (Not confirmed).

6. You can't copy designs likely as because you will have to try and create it yourself but also there will be no branding from the real world, you will have to use in game tools / assets to create your designs and that includes shapes and things.

7. If you commit a crime and go prison, then it will be harder for you or one to become a cop because of the crime.

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

1. Cell phones (Mobile phones known as here), they won't be purchasable, but you will have one and it can't be stolen. The phones can't be traced and it won't be a such sophisticated level in the game on these things.

2. No they can't do it as it is not a mechanic in the game. 

3. Police are players and so they won't teleport as that is not immersive/ realistic.

4. There is Jail and Prison in the game and Jail is a lower sentence time and prison will be for major crimes. Prison time is set to 45 minutes max but will likely be made longer in the future as it is set to that for testing purposes.

5. You will likely have very little money at start e.g. $100 probably (Not confirmed).

6. You can't copy designs likely as because you will have to try and create it yourself but also there will be no branding from the real world, you will have to use in game tools / assets to create your designs and that includes shapes and things.

7. If you commit a crime and go prison, then it will be harder for you or one to become a cop because of the crime.

Thanks for the reply, Sounds great.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GrumpyReg6657 said:

if I have the Cabbie package, will I be able to start earning money straight away?

Yeah, you will just to make the decision on how to do it. I can think of a couple of ways for you to do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrumpyReg6657 said:

what about in the town square module?

That is a social module and not one where you make money. Also your progress in the modules or beta won't carry over to the full game, to make it fair and not give us a too big advantage on start up.

5 minutes ago, GrumpyReg6657 said:

ok, that makes sense. can we rent rooms in the hotel?

In the module, beta or the full game?

Module 1 (Town Square): You will not but will likely have access to a temp apartment and so you can have a go with the customisation. (This is not confirmed and so is a possibility.)

In the full game, you will have a hotel room "rent free" for a period of time in which you have to act quick to start making money so you can pay for the room when the "Free room time" expires.