John0494

Who else plans on being an Police Officer?

Just curious who else plans on trying to become a police officer and or any line of law enforcement?
I'm pretty stoked for this game, I keep looking more and more into it and I'm getting very excited but not to many of my real life friends like PC and or this type of game play, so I'm here looking for other people who are alike me and would like to get a group together to chat more about the game and perhaps have a group of friends to do stuff with when the game starts, pubs, etc. Maybe even a partner to fight crime with. 

2 minutes ago, KarterEssemer said:

I think its safe to say that over half the community does...

ah you never know man.

I have thought about joining the police in identity, but for me, it's gonna be a pretty hard decision. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LarryGibbons said:

I am your future Police Chief, Larry Gibbons. Nice to meet all of you.

How do you know you'll be police chief it could be an elected position or you have to rise through the ranks to get that position.

11 hours ago, KarterEssemer said:

I think its safe to say that over half the community does...

I hope not. We don't need more cops that citizens. I hope they have strict standards on who gets to wear the (virtual) shield.

11 hours ago, A_Few_Asians said:

I plan on selling bacon by skinning and butchering pigs

You're gonna be a farmer? What does that have to do with law enforcement? Isn't there a farmer thread somewhere?

On 1/12/2016 at 0:16 PM, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

I hope not. We don't need more cops that citizens. I hope they have strict standards on who gets to wear the (virtual) shield.

I have the same concern, because we do see it on Arma Altis Life. Full server, very few officers or Empty server, lots of officers online. 

Maybe there will be some implementation on how that will work (public servers), but I know they don't want to eliminate someones way of playing the game, the way that player wants too (i.e. Full capacity of cops online, player logs on and wants to play cop, but can't bc full capacity, logs off and QQ). So with that being said, I am really not sure if they will be able to implement such a thing, but hey, I could always be wrong. 

Private servers, on the other hand, will easily be able to implement rules and limitations to such things. 

45 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

I have the same concern, because we do see it on Arma Altis Life. Full server, very few officers or Empty server, lots of officers online. 

Maybe there will be some implementation on how that will work (public servers), but I know they don't want to eliminate someones way of playing the game, the way that player wants too (i.e. Full capacity of cops online, player logs on and wants to play cop, but can't bc full capacity, logs off and QQ). So with that being said, I am really not sure if they will be able to implement such a thing, but hey, I could always be wrong. 

Private servers, on the other hand, will easily be able to implement rules and limitations to such things. 

I think it would be a good idea to have a police training system, were all the candidates are under supervision and when they successfully complete the training they are all white listed like some of those Altis servers, that will deter some of those kids fucking the servers up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vix said:

I must think just like Paratus and Motown, never ever read their tweets but always seem to have the same mentality :D

2 hours ago, Killswitch said:

I know they don't want to eliminate someones way of playing the game, the way that player wants too

Why not? if its an official server and they have only a set number of cops allowed at a time and there is no spot for the player they can either play as another role or they can leave. Simple. Its called "rules" and young people today need to be re-acquainted with them.

12 hours ago, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

You're gonna be a farmer? What does that have to do with law enforcement? Isn't there a farmer thread somewhere?

i guess you could say killing cops and selling their flesh is "farming"

I suppose you've heard a lot of stories about what the police think of cop killers, sure they don't like to lose there friends and partners any better than anyone else would.  But why not think of it this way if the bad guys would gun down armed police officers do you think they'd hesitate to shoot you the unarmed citizen?

Edited by DanDud88

I am still not decided of what I want to be in Identity. Maybe a cop, maybe a felon, maybe a politician, maybe somebody else, really don't know yet. But I am really interested to know and see how all the Cop thing will work. Back on Amarok, Altis Police Department had private TS channel for officers which was used like a dispatch radio all the time basicaly, was cool. How will cops earn money? By getting some % of someones bounty, or something like that. I want to see probable cause and heavy roleplaying "Sir it was a self defense, he pointed a gun on me".

I once talked my self out of a robbery. I talked to a experienced Police officer. He cought me aiming a smg on a lying person. Basicaly, long story short, I told him several things. The person slipped on a banana and at the same time I was showing him a weapon that I found in bushes and which I was gonna take to police, because these guns are dangerous. "Sir I admit that from your point of view, it might have seemed like I aimed my gun at that person, but he fell and I was just showing him the gun and it was just a bad coincidance and at the wrong time, you have to believe me officer". And he roleplayed it like a boss too and let me go with a warning (did not check my 250k boundy yet). Proper roleplay situation I would love to see in Identity

Out of everything in this game I am most excited for the police portion of it. I play a cop in the Asylum's Altis Life and love it, the cars in this game from what I can see in the trailer are sexy as all hell.

3 minutes ago, Olio said:

Out of everything in this game I am most excited for the police portion of it. I play a cop in the Asylum's Altis Life and love it, the cars in this game from what I can see in the trailer are sexy as all hell.

Absolutely, if I get to see you in-game Olio, would love to partner up with you if I do become an Officer. The amount of work being put into this job as a career will definitely be a drawcard.

Oh I am sure you shall see me in-game :) Would be an honor to patrol with you.

I don't want to patrol with any of you. I don't want to hear you bitching about the radio station or me smoking in the car.

That and I don't like any of you (unless you're also a police officer IRL).