Sign in to follow this  
Bellanova

User Interface Ideas/Inspiration

Hi everyone! I think one of the most important things in making a game work well is the UI or user interface. Not only does it need to work well, but it needs to look pretty. I recently posted something similar to this in another thread, but I decided it might as well have its own thread where people can add other ideas. 

My favorite User Interface ever in a game can be found in Forza Horizon 3. I have mentioned this game quite a few times to the devs in order for inspiration for vehicle design and interaction. 

The UI is absolutely stunning and works incredibly to suit the needs of the game. The main menu is my favorite part, which happens to look a little bit like the start menu in Windows 8 and 10 (granted, Forza is a game produced by Microsoft). There are multiple tabs that are categorized for different uses and each tab has multiple things for you choose from to continue to the next menu. There are moving pictures and videos, as well as variation between picture backgrounds and opaque colored tabs. Some tabs even display news and will continue through all of the different things that the game would like to announce without you having the open the tab. Here is the best video on YouTube that I could find that exercises it without me having to make a video myself.

I think that if the devs were going to use another game as inspiration, it should be this one. Many MMOs lack an original and beautiful UI, but I think that this could change with Identity along with the many other things that Identity is improving upon. 

Please leave feedback and further ideas in the comments, and please use specific game references if it is not an original idea of your own so that I can look them up! Thanks.

19 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

@Devonor Well the "Main menu" UI maybe but the devs want little to no UI in Identity. Like I mean stuff like a minimap and such.

Yeah that makes sense but there still needs to be some sort of a UI for essential stuff, and I think it should be pretty lol

• Like 1