Sign in to follow this  
Mastahakill

Are there gonna be mechanics or something to prevent this?

So I'm as excited for Identity RPG as everybody else but I been thinking lately. I feel like servers can become complete chaos and there might be lots of annoyance. I feel like emergency services and people are not going to follow traffic laws and are just gonna zoom past red lights like gta to get to where they need to go, or leaving their cars in the middle of road or something or blocking a path. I also feel like there will lots of mic spam but I guess we could just knock them out or walk away lmao. Will there be something to prevent this or would we have to take matters into our own hands and pretty much depend on the players?

The game is going to encourage and influence proper traffic rules. Ultimately, it will be up to the players to keep order on the road (and I personally hope that the rules will not only be followed by many, but also enforced by the police).

But remember that emergency vehicles are supposed to pass through red lights if they are in pursuit of an emergency. An ambulance may sometimes be forced to stop in the middle of the road if it is the best place to quickly get to the emergency. Drivers are expected to pull to the side of the road if an emergency vehicle is approaching with their sirens on in order to provide a fast and safe route for the vehicle to get to their emergency.

• Like 2

Maybe there could be a tow truck job so if someone did just leave their car in the middle of the road and went afk another play could call the tow truck to move the car, the tow truck could be done by a player or by NPC

2 hours ago, TheGingerOne said:

Maybe there could be a tow truck job so if someone did just leave their car in the middle of the road and went afk another play could call the tow truck to move the car, the tow truck could be done by a player or by NPC

There is one, and is already confirmed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

There is one, and is already confirmed.

Yeah but I doubt a lot of people would be doing the tow truck job. I feel like the job will get old or people might troll/abuse the job. I could be wrong though I dunno.

12 hours ago, Mastahakill said:

Yeah but I doubt a lot of people would be doing the tow truck job. I feel like the job will get old or people might troll/abuse the job. I could be wrong though I dunno.

The way it works is that the car has to be flagged for a ticket before getting issued a ticket, then after issued a ticket that is only when the car can be towed away etc.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 4:19 AM, LuckyDuck said:

The way it works is that the car has to be flagged for a ticket before getting issued a ticket, then after issued a ticket that is only when the car can be towed away etc.

Can a police officer ticket any random car and trust they do their job correctly or is there some sort of mechanic to avoid things like this? I can see people working together to troll.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mastahakill said:

Can a police officer ticket any random car and trust they do their job correctly or is there some sort of mechanic to avoid things like this? I can see people working together to troll.

The car has to be flagged to be able to receive a ticket. e.g. parking in a illegal zone/ going through red lights.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The car has to be flagged to be able to receive a ticket. e.g. parking in a illegal zone/ going through red lights.

Oooh okay, I gotcha. Thanks :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Which is why I think towing should be done by NPC's to avoid that.

Did you read the replies on what mechanics prevent it?

9 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Which is why I think towing should be done by NPC's to avoid that.

Well, from what I understand from @LuckyDuck, cars cannot be towed unless they do something illegal. For example, if a car drives normally and parked legally, the car cannot be flagged, the game won't let them. If they car parks somewhere illegal or runs a red light, the car would be able to be flagged and towed. So I'm guessing there is some sort of mechanic to avoid trolling and abuse. I'm also guessing there will be areas where vehicles cannot be towed like in a parking lot, unless they are parked stupidly. I could be totally wrong though @Leigh.

4 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Yes but what if players flag random cars just for fun just so cars can get towed?

Exactly what I'm afraid of.

6 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Yes but what if players flag random cars just for fun just so cars can get towed?

The cars get flagged for illegal things, not by players... The ticket can be issued only when a car is flagged for something and once a ticket has been given, the car can be towed. @Mastahakill

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

The cars get flagged for illegal things, not by players... The ticket can be issued only when a car is flagged for something and once a ticket has been given, the car can be towed. @Mastahakill

Oh alright, that makes way more sense haha,Thanks! 

• Like 1

On April 29, 2017 at 4:47 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

Are cars automatically flagged for a ticket for violations? What I mean is if I run a red light and no one is around to see it will I still get a ticket automatically or does someone have to see the violation?

On 4/27/2017 at 5:26 PM, Mastahakill said:

From my understanding they said that occupations will be arranged in such a way that the more effort or risk required to complete it, the more it'd pay. I can't imagine being a tow-truck driver will be a very lucrative job compared to setting up an RV in the middle of a forest with your latest edition of "Cooking Meth for Dumboes."

On 2017-5-17 at 6:18 PM, BNR32FAN said:

Are cars automatically flagged for a ticket for violations? What I mean is if I run a red light and no one is around to see it will I still get a ticket automatically or does someone have to see the violation?

Cars get automatically flagged for a ticket yes, but I don't believe you will get a ticket. The flag just means a cop could give you a ticket. If you don't get flagged then a cop cannot give you a random ticket e.g. it stops those trolls giving everyone a ticket.

Edited by JamesLuck01

On 20-5-2017 at 0:37 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

Cars get automatically flagged for a ticket yes, but I don't believe you will get a ticket. The flag just means a cop could give you a ticket. If you don't get flagged then a cop cannot give you a random ticket e.g. it stops those trolls giving everyone a ticket.

how about police that will run a red light or make unauthorized use of light and sirens to get somewhere fast when there is no emergency?

Edited by donmartini112

On 2017-5-22 at 4:52 AM, donmartini112 said:

how about police that will run a red light or make unauthorized use of light and sirens to get somewhere fast when there is no emergency?

I am sure on private servers, if a officer abuses that, he could get demoted automatically for abusing that sort of thing.