Hi guys

I am New to Identity  just pledged this  past weekend, (got my little apartment and garage :P I wasn't referred here by anyone I just randomly found it on the web looking at new games coming out in 2017.   I been reading all I could find out about it the past few days.  I am really like'ing what I am seeing.  Its a shame there is not more marking for it but I understand with this type of crowd funding that the devs spent most of their  time an money into making the game and not advertising .  That's where we the fans come it. )

"Idea / Suggestion "

I was thinking about Identity having some  kind of referral program , where current backers could recommend the game to their friends and if those friends then pledge a donation to the Identity game development , the original backer and the new backer they both get a referral , point, star, credit whatever...

The devs can then decision on a reward , for example 5 recruitment  points will get you a Limited edition lava lamp for your apartment that you can only get from the referral program.  Nothing game braking like more cash or cars or anything ridiculous, but a token of appreciation that's merely cosmetic and players can show off to their friends to show how they help grow the game.

I have personally seen this work in other crowed funded games and I believe the word of mouth from fans is the best way to help a game and its community to grow, and these programs just help give it that little extra nudge in the right direction.

Best Regards

Kami

Edited by Kamikaze
  • Like 11

As long as it's cosmetic, then yeah that definitely sounds good and would be an incentive for people to show more people. Just have to wait to see what the devs think. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

The devs can then decision on a reward , for example 5 recruitment  points will get you a Limited edition lava lamp for your apartment that you can only get from the referral program.  Nothing game braking like more cash or cars or anything ridiculous, but a token of appreciation that's merely cosmetic and players can show off to their friends to show how they help grow the game.

This should work as long as it's not ridiculous.

Sounds like a great idea! I know that the Kickstarter and website pledgers are getting baseball caps so a little something for the flat sounds like an excellent plan. A lava lamp sounds cool but it could be as simple as a ornament or wall decoration.

This is an incredibly creative and inventive way to advertise! Great idea! Hope to see it be put into action.

Here are some others ideas for referral incentives:

A T-shirt or hat similar to the Founder's Hat.

A painting or poster for your house or apartment

A coupon for a free haircut or movie (I don't know, sounds kinda stupid)

Edited by Devonor

7 minutes ago, Devonor said:

This is an incredibly creative and inventive way to advertise! Great idea! Hope to see it be put into action.

You know he had and got the idea from Star Citizen.... with the original post in Off topic section.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

You know he had and got the idea from Star Citizen.... with the original post in Off topic section.

Oh, I didn't know that. That kinda sucks. Well, if you can, tell Star Citizen that I love his idea.

24 minutes ago, Devonor said:

Oh, I didn't know that. That kinda sucks. Well, if you can, tell Star Citizen that I love his idea.

Star Citizen is a game....

On 4/24/2017 at 10:43 AM, Kamikaze said:

Hi guys

I am New to Identity  just pledged this  past weekend, (got my little apartment and garage :P I wasn't referred here by anyone I just randomly found it on the web looking at new games coming out in 2017.   I been reading all I could find out about it the past few days.  I am really like'ing what I am seeing.  Its a shame there is not more marking for it but I understand with this type of crowd funding that the devs spent most of their  time an money into making the game and not advertising .  That's where we the fans come it. )

"Idea / Suggestion "

I was thinking about Identity having some  kind of referral program , where current backers could recommend the game to their friends and if those friends then pledge a donation to the Identity game development , the original backer and the new backer they both get a referral , point, star, credit whatever...

I have personally seen this work in other crowed funded games and I believe the word of mouth from fans is the best way to help a game and its community to grow, and these programs just help give it that little extra nudge in the right direction.

Best Regards

Kami

Good idea, but with this logic, the YouTubers would have the most referrals

3 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I totally did, "  I have personally seen this work in other crowed funded games"  I just left off the other games name as this is not the appropriate forum for it . :P

2 hours ago, ThePro said:

Good idea, but with this logic, the YouTubers would have the most referrals

Very true , but the game will still get the benefit of content creators giving it more exposure and in the end us the players win.  :D

3 hours ago, Devonor said:

SC said thanks and thinks your great too.  :x

Hey @KAMIKAZE ! We really like your idea for a referral program. This is something that we would really enjoy implementing after a few more things are in order, such as the new shop page, or after users finally get to login to the Town Square to address some of the concerns some users have with the project.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll share it with our Project Lead, @Paratus during our next meeting.

• Like 11

20 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Star Citizen is a game....

Oh haha, well don't mind me. I've never even heard of that. 

I for one am really liking the sounds of this and im glad the devs have come back positive with it. As long as the rewards are not game changing and are things like apartment decoration or rare items like clothing then i can see this working. It will give the community something worth going out referring members for and will also help out the devs financially in turn. Dont forget, the more people we get now, the more people we have when the game releases. 

• Like 1