Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze

Star Citizen / Identity / referl program

Hi guys

I am New to Identity  just pledged this  past weekend, (got my little apartment and garage :P I wasn't referred here by anyone I just randomly found it on the web looking at new games coming out in 2017.   I been reading all I could find out about it the past few days.  I am really like'ing what I am seeing.  Its a shame there in not more marking for it but I understand with this type of crowd funding that the devs spent most of their  time an money into making the game and not advertising .  That's where we the fans come it. )

Another great game I been following  for some time now is Star Citizen ,  if ya not familiar with it here is a link https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ .  If I had to explain it to someone  with out taking 3 hours to tell you all that's in it now and all that's coming out in it, I would say this.  Star Citizen is  Arma meets Wing Commander  that had a baby that was really into Firefly and Star Trek .   Like Identity there are no classes, but there are tons of careers  and jobs you can do.  You can be a fighter pilot, a Space trucker hauling cargo,  ship engineer repairing ships, space miner on planets or out in asteroid fields, salvager of ship wrecks, medics, space marine,    PIRATE!!! there are many more things you can do, the list just goes on and on. Here is a little Demo  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0

Even though the game is completely different then Identity  there are a  lot of similarity's with the 2 game development  that I really like.   They both are developing  modules and we get to play them as soon as they are ready so we can give feed back as the game is still being made. For Example, Identity is coming out soon with the town hall module.   Currently if you Pledge  to Star Citizen  with a starter pack for $45 bucks  (smallest package) you get immediate access to their  current modules which include.  Some peoples out there may say , "Oh I heard of that game you have to spent 1000's of dollars to get a ship"  NO YOU DO NOT!!! All you need is a 45 dollar starter package (there are a bunch you can chose from just like Identity ) every thing else can be bought in game with in game money, its not PAY TO WIN, if you have spare cash and want to support the game and buy a 500 dollar ship (like you can buy a luxury apartment in Identity )  you can, but you don't have to.  I bought many ships cause I really love the game , I want to support them and I was lucky to have the funds.  But all these ships mean nothing unless you have friends to crew them with you, the ships don't fly themselves!

Modules you can pay right now in SC

Arena Commander -   Its a Dog fighting sim where you get right into the action vs  NPC's or Player vs Player action with no risk of permeant loss to you or your ships.

Star Marine -   This is  a FPS they have built  where Marines VS Pirates   Player vs Player   death match / zone capture type game play.

PTU-  This is the real meat on the bone.   PTU stands for Persistent Test Universe , this is a very small version of what the final MMO will be like.  You get to take off  from a space station and fly around a down sized solar system,  you can fight npcs or other players you come across or  work together and complete goals or just go explore.

There will also be a stand alone single player SC game called, Squadron 42.  With stars like Mark Hamilton  (luke skywalker, as if I had to tell you) and Gary Oldman as charters in the game.  (you can buy a 60 dollar starter pack that has Star Citizen and Squadron 42 in a bundle ,  that's only 15 bucks for sq 42, )

One great thing that SC is doing now (and has being doing, hence how I got in) is a referral program.  I would love to see Identity  do this too to help get the word out. How it works in Star Citizen is every pledged account gets a unique referral code,  you give this code out to peeps you want to join the game.  If those people do infact   use the code  when they buy the game (starter pack)  then you the person who gave them the code gets 5k in game money (when the game goes live) and SO does the new person who used your code. What's great is that it rewards the person for promoting the game with out costing the dev team any money or time. Its a win  win for everyone.  Now 5k in SC is not a lot of money, but you get 5 -10 of your buddies in and it starts to add up, If you really go nuts recruiting peeps they give you even more in game goodies . Then those 5-10 get their code out to and it snow balls.  SC currently has well over 1.5 million registered players  and it keeps getting bigger. 

Well I hope to see you guys and gals here in Identity Or  in Star Citizen ,  I will be playing both.  If you have a friend that already plays Star Citizen and you want to get in it,  ask them for their Referral code, so you both get some rewards for spreading the word.  and if you don't know anyone  feel  free to use mine below.  Drop me a line if ya stop by,  I will show you around.

Kamikaze_DaMutt

referral code- STAR-MG6Z-QGCQ  <--- just copy and past  when you sign up.  Than drop me a line and I will give you a tour /  ( may make you carry stuff for me, cause you know free labor ) :P

Edited by Kamikaze
  • Like 1

@Kamikaze one thing though, out of all games you say "SC" is inspired or they had a baby. I think that you missed the only one which was a true part of "SC" being Star Wars! Star Wars is the film that inspired "Chris Robert, the guy put it together" the most inspiration.

Also if this game had a referral program which gives you $5k in-game money then that would not be good for the in-game economy and it don't work on this game. It is a good suggestion but the reason why you get so little money for high pledges in the first place is because the devs don't want players having too much of an advantage in the first place and so if a referral program came around like that then that takes away the point of the pledges. Therefor I disagree of having such a programme for it. This game didn't make over $1 million at kickstarter and also the devs here care about keeping the game fair for the other players.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

@Kamikaze one thing though, out of all games you say "SC" is inspired or they had a baby. I think that you missed the only one which was a true part of "SC" being Star Wars! Star Wars is the film that inspired "Chris Robert, the guy put it together" the most inspiration.

Also if this game had a referral program which gives you $5k in-game money then that would not be good for the in-game economy and it don't work on this game. It is a good suggestion but the reason why you get so little money for high pledges in the first place is because the devs don't want players having too much of an advantage in the first place and so if a referral program came around like that then that takes away the point of the pledges. Therefor I disagree of having such a programme for it. This game didn't make over $1 million at kickstarter and also the devs here care about keeping the game fair for the other players.

Yes Star Wars was a Massive inspiration to Chris Roberts  (and other devs on the team over at CIG) . With that said , other then the ship to ship  dogfighting being like X-wing / TIE fighter  which Chris Roberts drew upon to be like world ward 2 dog fighting ,  I wouldn't really put  the rest of SC in the Star Wars category .  But to each and their own. SC is different to everyone, and in my opinion that's a good thing.

As for a referral program, I defiantly agree with you , giving peeps in Identity 5k for every referral would be a ridiculously game braking idea.  That's not what I am saying here.  I just used that as a example, to be quite honest 5k in SC is nothing, your lucky to even fill up fuel for you small fighter ship with 5k, but its a little token of appreciation .  That's what I meant for Identity a little something like maybe a piece  of Apartment décor ( lamp, throw rug, wall pic) or maybe a in game t-shirt etc....  and it does not have to be for every referral it could be for 5  or 10 and then you get this 1 small item.   It gives fans something to work towards (and compete against each other in a friendly way)  while the game is still in development and in returns helps the Devs get the word out with out spending a lot of time and epically money on marketing .  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Yes Star Wars was a Massive inspiration to Chris Roberts  (and other devs on the team over at CIG) . With that said , other then the ship to ship  dogfighting being like X-wing / TIE fighter  which Chris Roberts drew upon to be like world ward 2 dog fighting ,  I wouldn't really put  the rest of SC in the Star Wars category .  But to each and their own. SC is different to everyone, and in my opinion that's a good thing.

As for a referral program, I defiantly agree with you , giving peeps in Identity 5k for every referral would be a ridiculously game braking idea.  That's not what I am saying here.  I just used that as a example, to be quite honest 5k in SC is nothing, your lucky to even fill up fuel for you small fighter ship with 5k, but its a little token of appreciation .  That's what I meant for Identity a little something like maybe a piece  of Apartment décor ( lamp, throw rug, wall pic) or maybe a in game t-shirt etc....  and it does not have to be for every referral it could be for 5  or 10 and then you get this 1 small item.   It gives fans something to work towards (and compete against each other in a friendly way)  while the game is still in development and in returns helps the Devs get the word out with out spending a lot of time and epically money on marketing .  

Yeah, I know and agree that SC is inspired by multiple things and that is one great aspect to it and well as I am a star wars fan, seeing the ship which looks like the "Millennium Falcon" is one thing which I love to see.

I get you was using that as an example, but here with the Identity community, everyone spreads the word about it because we want to and with us helping the devs like that on our terms is rewarding enough for me any ways but it would be great for a thing like this to be as because then it will attract more attention to those that it is not rewarding for just doing it to help out. You see I think that it would help out more but that is because people want that "reward" mainly and not solely to help out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yeah, I know and agree that SC is inspired by multiple things and that is one great aspect to it and well as I am a star wars fan, seeing the ship which looks like the "Millennium Falcon" is one thing which I love to see.

I get you was using that as an example, but here with the Identity community, everyone spreads the word about it because we want to and with us helping the devs like that on our terms is rewarding enough for me any ways but it would be great for a thing like this to be as because then it will attract more attention to those that it is not rewarding for just doing it to help out. You see I think that it would help out more but that is because people want that "reward" mainly and not solely to help out. 

BINGO!  In  SC I have less then 10 referrals  to my name, even though I have brought more then 50 peeps into the game.  I played EVE online for many years (since closed beta 2001) and I brought in some of my close friends from there, and instead of telling them use my code when they brought their  friends in I told them to use theirs so they get the benefit and it took off like a brush fire .  Now I only get credit for a few of them, But I brought SC 50 paying backers and that's more important to me to have a lot of friends to play SC with. The more money  SC makes now the better the game will be for us.

But  like you said,  there are a lot of peeps that won't do something for nothing so if a referral  program helps Identity grow bigger and better, I AM ALL FOR IT.

P.S.  those same friends that got in to SC , they all at a little email from me last night  titled "What's your Identity "  hehehe. 

• Like 1

Maybe put the suggestion under "Referral Programme" in the suggestions section, but not mentioning much of SC. @Kamikaze to see if others like the idea and to see what people add with other suggestions etc.

• Like 1