Mastahakill

Apartment,House and Building capacity?

So I have a couple of questions about Apartments, Houses, and Business buildings like factories and small shops and stuff because I heard there was a unlimited amount of apartments but a limited amount of houses (and I'm assuming the same goes for buildings) on the island.
Apartments
 So I heard there will be a unlimited number of apartments and I was wondering if everyone will have an apartment to live in when they first start or will they have to pay for it just like any other building along with rent? I believe hearing people will get an apartment for awhile when they start for free but will they eventually actually have to go out and buy one and pay the rent? Will the apartments be on the map for a player to walk to and will high end apartments be the same as the unlimited apartments as in there is a unlimited amount of them? Or will they be unique like the houses on the island?
Houses
 So I heard about every house being unique and such but what if every single house was owned and everybody had live in apartments, would they be available for purchase when the player leaves the server or is it forever owned? I think this would be a bit disappointing because what if the player hasn't been on for quite awhile and they still own that house? Will there be some sort of time limit on how long they can own the house if they are gone? If it does work like that, would the player lose the money they put into the house? How many houses will a player be able to own? I don't know how else to ask these questions but I hope you understand them.
Buildings
 So this is similar to the questions I asked about the houses. What if all the buildings were owned and people weren't able to create their business and expand? Will the building be there forever owned by the player who bought it or will everybody have a chance to create a business? Will the building eventually be un-owned when they leave or will there be a time limit for how long they are gone? How many buildings can you own? Will every building look different and have a different layout?

One more question. Is there a limit to how many people can be inside a building, house, and apartment?

Edited by Mastahakill

I'm guessing that in order to ensure that properties are being used instead of just being held, or that are possibly owned by inactive players, is in a realistic roleplay way where if they miss too many payments that the house is taken from them and put up for sale again.

28 minutes ago, Devonor said:

I'm guessing that in order to ensure that properties are being used instead of just being held, or that are possibly owned by inactive players, is in a realistic roleplay way where if they miss too many payments that the house is taken from them and put up for sale again.

What If they have a lot of money? it could probably be there forever. I think it would kinda suck for the players wanting to start a business. I at least hope there is enough houses for how many people can be in the server.

1 hour ago, Mastahakill said:

What If they have a lot of money? it could probably be there forever. I think it would kinda suck for the players wanting to start a business. I at least hope there is enough houses for how many people can be in the server.

I don't know if there will be office buildings, but if there are like apartments there will be an unlimited number of them.

9 hours ago, Mastahakill said:

So I heard about every house being unique and such but what if every single house was owned and everybody had live in apartments, would they be available for purchase when the player leaves the server or is it forever owned? I think this would be a bit disappointing because what if the player hasn't been on for quite awhile and they still own that house? Will there be some sort of time limit on how long they can own the house if they are gone? If it does work like that, would the player lose the money they put into the house? How many houses will a player be able to own? I don't know how else to ask these questions but I hope you understand them.

If you miss your rent/ bills payment then you will lose the house like @Devonor said but if you are offline you cannot make those payments and well that means you will lose them for inactivity / not paying. You will likely lose the money you put into your house but you won't lose the stuff inside the house as they will be moved to a bank etc.

I think a player can probably own max 2 but that is my opinion and well it could only possibly be 1 per player.

Apartments
 So I heard there will be a unlimited number of apartments and I was wondering if everyone will have an apartment to live in when they first start or will they have to pay for it just like any other building along with rent? I believe hearing people will get an apartment for awhile when they start for free but will they eventually actually have to go out and buy one and pay the rent? Will the apartments be on the map for a player to walk to and will high end apartments be the same as the unlimited apartments as in there is a unlimited amount of them? Or will they be unique like the houses on the island?

No, only those who pledged with the apartment as an extra will have one at the start, as because why would someone pledge for it and then everyone gets one anyways; also the devs would not have it on pledges if everyone started with one.

Those with pledges under $90 will have to save up and buy the apartment.

People who start with out an apartment at the start don't get one like you heard but they start off with a hotel room for free for a certain amount of time and then you get kicked out if you don't pay after the timer is gone.

The apartments will be on the map and will be able to be walked to like the apartment video shows "the inside". 

I am sure that all apartments are unlimited.

Buildings
 So this is similar to the questions I asked about the houses. What if all the buildings were owned and people weren't able to create their business and expand? Will the building be there forever owned by the player who bought it or will everybody have a chance to create a business? Will the building eventually be un-owned when they leave or will there be a time limit for how long they are gone? How many buildings can you own? Will every building look different and have a different layout?

No knowledge on this as for now and I think nothing like this has been asked for the business buildings etc.

One more question. Is there a limit to how many people can be inside a building, house, and apartment?

Doubtful, for apartments and hosuses the player can invite who he/she wants to enter but I think they will be able to allow as many as they want.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mastahakill said:

Like @JamesLuck01 explained, if the player is offline they are unable to make the payments regardless of how much money they have. I'm sure there will be a reasonable system to make sure that all opportunities are available to buy housing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

If you miss your rent/ bills payment then you will lose the house like @Devonor said but if you are offline you cannot make those payments and well that means you will lose them for inactivity / not paying. You will likely lose the money you put into your house but you won't lose the stuff inside the house as they will be moved to a bank etc.

I think a player can probably own max 2 but that is my opinion and well it could only possibly be 1 per player.

No, only those who pledged with the apartment as an extra will have one at the start, as because why would someone pledge for it and then everyone gets one anyways; also the devs would not have it on pledges if everyone started with one.

Those with pledges under $90 will have to save up and buy the apartment.

People who start with out an apartment at the start don't get one like you heard but they start off with a hotel room for free for a certain amount of time and then you get kicked out if you don't pay after the timer is gone.

The apartments will be on the map and will be able to be walked to like the apartment video shows "the inside". 

I am sure that all apartments are unlimited.

No knowledge on this as for now and I think nothing like this has been asked for the business buildings etc.

Doubtful, for apartments and hosuses the player can invite who he/she wants to enter but I think they will be able to allow as many as they want.

Thank you @JamesLuck01 for the information, it has been very helpful! :) 

• Like 1