Howdy!

I've had this idea, almost a dream for a couple of years, that I believe would be amazing.

You know how all these big companies have huge buildings, skyscrapers, several floors and offices and such? What if.. that could be implemented into Identity? 

Now here's my idea!

What if you were to start an ordinary business? Let's say an IT company, or a shop, or just something including sells or whatever.

And you start off with a simple office. Might as well be an old garage building, or whatever, and later on upgrade your business and move to a more professional building. And as you keep on working on your business, hiring people to work for you, grow your company, eventually you get to the level where you have a building that is upgradable to increase in height, to create a skyscraper? 

Now this is an idea I've wanted to see happen for a long time. Is this possible? 

Thank you for taking your time to read through this post. I will see you around! 

Kind regards,

Alphoni

• Like 1

It's a highly possible thing, but I doubt it will be implemented on the first module's release. I also think it might be weird to just see buildings just sprout up randomly. However, it would be a very nice progression system, as well as it would make each map on each server very different from the last -- as you slowly grow, so does the town. It's a very nice concept and I hope to potentially see something done with this. 

I also see you're new to the forums, if you need any help with anything I'm open for messages! Welcome to Identity.

See ya around and have a wonderful day,

~ SummitsEdge

11 minutes ago, SummitsEdge said:

It's a highly possible thing, but I doubt it will be implemented on the first module's release. I also think it might be weird to just see buildings just sprout up randomly. However, it would be a very nice progression system, as well as it would make each map on each server very different from the last -- as you slowly grow, so does the town. It's a very nice concept and I hope to potentially see something done with this. 

I also see you're new to the forums, if you need any help with anything I'm open for messages! Welcome to Identity.

See ya around and have a wonderful day,

~ SummitsEdge

Indeed!

So here's a further suggestion on how to perhaps get rid of that idea of building randomly appearing and getting bigger. Perhaps there should be a construction site around that building that is being constructed to a higher level. And if you're going to get a big skyscraper-like building, you should be near the city area, perhaps? 

It's not too complicated to figure out, just takes some discussion and some time to solve these minor complications.

and I appreciate you offering to help! I might just take you up on that! ;)

Kind regards,

Alphoni

13 minutes ago, Alphoni said:

Indeed!

So here's a further suggestion on how to perhaps get rid of that idea of building randomly appearing and getting bigger. Perhaps there should be a construction site around that building that is being constructed to a higher level. And if you're going to get a big skyscraper-like building, you should be near the city area, perhaps? 

It's not too complicated to figure out, just takes some discussion and some time to solve these minor complications.

Kind regards,

Alphoni

That's a good addition to the question, having construction sites where possibly construction workers could come in and have to renovate and build it. The company would be down for a specific amount of time. It would add much diversity to the game. 

Help is always given to those who deserve it :)

7 minutes ago, SummitsEdge said:

That's a good addition to the question, having construction sites where possibly construction workers could come in and have to renovate and build it. The company would be down for a specific amount of time. It would add much diversity to the game. 

Help is always given to those who deserve it :)

I like that!

The fact that the company would be down for a specific amount of time, would as you said, add much diversity to the game. 

Though, every level of the buiilding, and how big the building/company is, everything should take different amount of time. And also depending on how much man power you decide to buy, aka how much money you're willing to put down on construction another level/floor of your building.

I really like discussing this with you! Do you have anything further to add to this? I like the way you think, I believe we can come to create a great idea here!

Kind regards,

Alphoni

I think the best solution would be just to have smaller and larger office options for companies depending on their size, and the company could decide to upgrade and move to a better office if they can afford it.

2 hours ago, Alphoni said:

Indeed!

Kind regards,

Alphoni

Also there should be zoning, specific areas will have a maximum height of how high the building can be. Also it should take like a few in game weeks to be upgraded.

All buildings are made identical on all servers, its only possible to change inside, as it is for now, maby that can change later, but im sure it will not be the first they will work with because this will take a lot of time to change programwise. I do like the idea, but dont expect that it will happen in near future.

1 hour ago, Turaxis said:

All buildings are made identical on all servers, its only possible to change inside, as it is for now, maby that can change later, but im sure it will not be the first they will work with because this will take a lot of time to change programwise. I do like the idea, but dont expect that it will happen in near future.

I do believe we need something that changes things up a little bit, you know? Instead of everyone having identical buildings, people should be able to upgrade their buildings, move to a "richer area" on the map perhaps, some customizations that will make them stand out and become more unique.

Kind Regards,

Alphoni