Sign in to follow this  
SupremeLeader

Live sports on television

Not sure if this was recommended already, but while I was searching the forum I came across somebody making a Boxing League and I got an idea.

What if the devs somehow found a way to livestream the fights, so then people can watch them live on their TVs at home? Also this could open avenue to new careers, such as sports-casting, venue-management, coaches, fighters, etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

Not sure if this was recommended already, but while I was searching the forum I came across somebody making a Boxing League and I got an idea.

What if the devs somehow found a way to livestream the fights, so then people can watch them live on their TVs at home? Also this could open avenue to new careers, such as sports-casting, venue-management, coaches, fighters, etc.

I doubt this will be added on the developer's side, but I highly suspect that players will end up Twitch streaming events and as far as I'm aware, the TVs available in-game have access to Twitch API and can play streams that are found on their website. So in hindsight, it is a possibility, but it would depend on players to broadcast the events and for the audience to know what stream to tune into ;)

Nice thread keep it up,

~ SummitsEdge

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SummitsEdge said:

the TVs available in-game have access to Twitch API

Good point. Hell, if nobody's doing it then I just might get a livestream going for people to tune into. Maybe my own playlist of my favorite TV shows or something, or news on politics on the Island.

7 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

Good point. Hell, if nobody's doing it then I just might get a livestream going for people to tune into. Maybe my own playlist of my favorite TV shows or something, or news on politics on the Island.

We could always watch those "24/7 Spongebob Season 3" YouTube live streams!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SummitsEdge said:

We could always watch those "24/7 Spongebob Season 3" YouTube live streams!

Maybe something the devs could do is add some sort of directory of recommended stations. The Morning News, or National Cable News networks could be on there too run by the people.

5 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

Maybe something the devs could do is add some sort of directory of recommended stations. The Morning News, or National Cable News networks could be on there too run by the people.

Like my recent reply on my thread, adding a "TV catalog" could quickly enhance the TV feature. 

Guys there will be no TV stuff that includes camera objects in-game and also there won't be a career on sports or combat sports. Those things "Sports" are extra fun things to do and so the player must do it by gathering friends and making a team and then maybe create a league but the streaming can be done by players on twitch and then people can go to that stream on the TV but nothing in game will stream to the TV's.