Deadman

Create new drugs

So I'm aware that those who choose a more crime filled life can make drugs like meth, cocaine,and can grow marijuana, but what if we could make our own addictive drugs. It could help distinguish one gang from another because one will be peddling their unique drug while another could be manufacturing their own specific recipe 

Edited by Deadman

39 minutes ago, Deadman said:

So I'm aware that those who choose a more crime filled life can make drugs like meth, cocaine,and can grow marijuana, but what if we could make our own addictive drugs. It could help distinguish one gang from another because one will be peddling their unique drug while another could be manufacturing their own specific recipe 

They want it to stay true to real life and if they add that you can make drugs which don't exist in real life then it just is not realistic really and well I'd personally rather not have that.

I can only imagine drug's like "Ebola" and "Aids" and so many more would come into play by people as a joke, in that case people would begin to take its associated role-play less seriously. I've made some observations and I can contest once people begin to take something less seriously it will begin to degrade everyone's overall expectations of what's expected in role-play until the official Identity server's are being treated like any Altis Life server; Hence conformity.

We want to sustain a high standard of role-play as everyone's expectation when they join Identity for the first time, which will most likely be the case. However, people will begin to push boundaries until eventually they cross a line, the only question is how will the enforcing staff handle these situations. You can not be too lenient otherwise people will undermine the risk's of poor role-play, eventually other's will conform to their standards in role-play until it finally becomes the "norm". Of which, anyone who tries to raise the overall standard's of role-play are criticized often with the argument that "this is just a game", but that's not what this "game" was made for. This game was made to be a life simulator, not another game of Grand Theft Auto. If someone doesn't get that, they should find a server with fewer standard's, however most people openly state it's not "fun" when you're on a role-play server with low standard's; At least 5 separate people have specified that to me.

It's the dilemma I've been trying to overcome for a while now, often it deters me from wanting to even get on because everyone has their unique perspective of how role-play should be. It's especially off-putting when someone argues your role-play is "too serious" when I don't find it fun any other way than to treat my character as if I were in their shoes at that moment. *sigh* I guess that's what I'm mostly concerned about, I suppose we'll have to wait and see. There will of course be white-listed "hardcore" role-play communities, in that case I may join one of them depending on how the official server's work out.

Edited by Hill
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hill said:

how will the enforcing staff handle these situations

Official servers will not enforce rules/ the servers will be more of a casual RP setting and not hardcore or even serious. This will be one thing that will happen and well the staff will only participate in removing cheaters/ exploiters/ glitchers/ hackers if anything is bypassed their anti cheat or bugs which are game breaking. Don't expect the staff to but in on things which goes against heavy RP aspects/ rules!

• Like 1

I believe this might be a very interesting, but difficult concept to introduce. My current vision for what I see for this is having to go through many processes to learn how to do things such as make these drugs. There are plenty of drugs that aren't as widely known that have been made by people, i.e. Bromo-Dragonfly, Krokodil. If there were to be potential limits of this, I think it might have potential to enrich the role-play within the game -- some servers containing their own field of drug work, others including different ones. As said, this would nowhere near easily be produced, but it would be extremely enjoyable and unique if it could and would be done. Very interested in this if it is to be more thoroughly thought out to weed out potential trolling occurrences.

Feedback is appreciated,

~ SummitsEdge

On 4/8/2017 at 2:08 PM, Hill said:

I can only imagine drug's like "Ebola" and "Aids" and so many more would come into play by people as a joke, in that case people would begin to take its associated role-play less seriously. I've made some observations and I can contest once people begin to take something less seriously it will begin to degrade everyone's overall expectations of what's expected in role-play until the official Identity server's are being treated like any Altis Life server; Hence conformity.

We want to sustain a high standard of role-play as everyone's expectation when they join Identity for the first time, which will most likely be the case. However, people will begin to push boundaries until eventually they cross a line, the only question is how will the enforcing staff handle these situations. You can not be too lenient otherwise people will undermine the risk's of poor role-play, eventually other's will conform to their standards in role-play until it finally becomes the "norm". Of which, anyone who tries to raise the overall standard's of role-play are criticized often with the argument that "this is just a game", but that's not what this "game" was made for. This game was made to be a life simulator, not another game of Grand Theft Auto. If someone doesn't get that, they should find a server with fewer standard's, however most people openly state it's not "fun" when you're on a role-play server with low standard's; At least 5 separate people have specified that to me.

It's the dilemma I've been trying to overcome for a while now, often it deters me from wanting to even get on because everyone has their unique perspective of how role-play should be. It's especially off-putting when someone argues your role-play is "too serious" when I don't find it fun any other way than to treat my character as if I were in their shoes at that moment. *sigh* I guess that's what I'm mostly concerned about, I suppose we'll have to wait and see. There will of course be white-listed "hardcore" role-play communities, in that case I may join one of them depending on how the official server's work out.

Identical to an extensive amount of webpages, the developers and administrators should possess the ability to review the submission of ANY NAMES within the game prior to accepting or rejecting the player's name of a narcotic substance, company, and numerous other services and commodities. 

I.E. A player produces a narcotic substance titled as "Nazi Dust". The individual submits the name in order for the substance to be reviewed by the administrators of the server. The administrator decides to refuse the titled of the invented substance considering that "Nazi Dust" is offensive and unrealistic. However, a second player produces another narcotic substance titled as "MK14" or "Loa Dust" (Vodou term for "Spirit"). The administrator reviews the name prior to confirming whether it is realistic and appropriate within the game.

The identical scenario would apply to a character's name considering that names such as "Adolph Hitler" would be prohibited within the game.

It is realistic based on the sole premise that narcotic substances are invented by human beings on an annual basis... some are successful while others are unsuccessful.