Sign in to follow this  
JOSHG526

Street drifting?

If you can mod race cars then you should be able to mod cars so they can drift - and it to be illegal.

Just one thing if they allow this to happen i think this could create a lot of lag in the servers due to the marks on the road and all the smoke it will create from the drifts and think of all the people that will just be doing donuts in the middle of the town.

1 hour ago, JOSHG526 said:

If you can mod race cars then you should be able to mod cars so they can drift - and it to be illegal.

This all entirely depends on the physics model and how the tyres respond to input over the limit of adhesion. Street drifting will inevitably be a thing but it comes at the risk of being arrested and or seriously fucking up your ride if you crash. I'm sure there'll be a culture around street racing in game, don't worry.

7 minutes ago, DaHzxrd said:

Just one thing if they allow this to happen i think this could create a lot of lag in the servers due to the marks on the road and all the smoke it will create from the drifts and think of all the people that will just be doing donuts in the middle of the town.

This is a non issue with basic game optimization.

Just speculation, but from the name of the third module, "Racing", I can assume that there would be drifting attributes added. Assuming each module is named due to what the main concept introduced in the module will be, having "racing" as the name might influence that there will be various variations of racing added, drifting being one of those. If they're aiming to introduce racing in such a large way, I highly doubt they won't have drifting or some small form of drift possibility. I hope to be right, the addition of drifting to the game will make it appeal to more people -- specifically people who are all about cars and racing. 

Remember -- just speculation,

~ SummitsEdge

On 4/4/2017 at 4:53 AM, JOSHG526 said:

You can drift with just the brake + gas and a sharp turn. There doesn't have to be a feature just for drifting, because u can do it with the basics.

On 4/10/2017 at 9:14 AM, SupremeLeader said:

You can drift with just the brake + gas and a sharp turn. There doesn't have to be a feature just for drifting, because u can do it with the basics.

that's all physics depending.