I already made a post talking about this, but it was a long time ago, and now there is a lot more members here on the forums.  

First off the current maximum sentence is 45 minutes, I hope and think that will go up a bit, but that is for a different discussion.  

This is how parole should work, once you are released from prison you will be assigned anywhere from 1-4 hours of probation, that number open for change, depending on the crimes you were charged with.  So a small gun or drug charge would be like an hour or two of probation, while a murder or hard core drug dealer would be like four hours of probation.  While on probation you may not do or posses the following: drugs, alcohol, weapons/guns.  Once or twice an hour while on probation a parole officer will check in on you to make sure your not violating your parole.  If you violate your parole you will be arrested and sent back to prison for a certain amount of time depending on what you did to violate.

Tell me what you guys think about this idea? Open for feedback.  Hopefully the devs will consider adding this to the game.  

This is a very good idea and needs to be looked at for sure i hope they can implement something like this for reasons such as firstly it will give you a lot more to role-play than just being stuck in a prison, and also by being put in prison for 45 minutes could put a lot of people off the game by having to just sit and wait 45 minutes as you cant really go afk either as its a roleplaying server you cant go afk. 

John confirmed on stream today that there will be some sort of parole system in Identity. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cstove said:

John confirmed on stream today that there will be some sort of parole system in Identity. :)

Great news!

• Like 1

We should combine this with the adjustable laws/penalties topic. If you check my recent post in there; you will see I take a great deal of thought into the law structure of servers. When the game comes out; my character will most likely be a Spanish female lawyer. I feel the game developers should allow servers host; to allow the option of parole in their legal system. It creates greater depth for the defense attorneys to work with. Imagine a first-time offender being sentenced to a certain amount in-game hours, plus a certain amount in-game hours for parole. A high-profile defense attorney like my character; would argue that the parole system for Mr. _______________ should only be ______________hours, given the fact that this is his first serious crime and he has given good civil contributions to his community. As all know; there are no judges in the game if I am correct. Therefore the jury will have to decide these outcomes. 

I would also want there to be an option to terminate parole early. Parole hours may be lengthier to players who are convicted of bank robberies, 1st-degree murder, drug trafficking and etc. Not only that; but if a player has a lengthier criminal record; the sentenced time and hours of parole could also be longer. For players who get out, and change their lives around; a defense attorney such as my character may want to file a court hearing for a possible early termination for good behavior. The reason could be reviewed and decided amongst a jury. Of course, the jury panel would have to exclude people who have been convicted of other in-game crimes or people who were victims of the defendant's crime.

Edited by Good_Citizen