Banteel

Will There Be Live DJs Ingame?

Will we be able to connect to a live stream with DJ software and then be able to stream live tracks or a set to some club or venue?

I play another game called "Second Life" where it has the ability to connect to a stream, that stream then can be loaded into the area's music setting, so all people in that area will hear the DJs live streaming. Usually that DJ logs in with a User/Pass to the broadcast stream with a DJ application on their computer. That same broadcast stream URL is then put into the game somehow like a Area/Music option where you can input a URL to have that area play.

Together with the broadcast stream outside the game, and the Area/Music setting, creates a club type envioronment where Live DJs can entertain large crowds.

I would really love to see this ingame if it is not already being implemented.

Edited by Banteel
spelling errors

1 hour ago, Banteel said:

Will we be able to connect to a live stream with DJ software and then be able to stream live tracks or a set to some club or venue?

I play another game called "Second Life" where it has the ability to connect to a stream, that stream then can be loaded into the area's music setting, so all people in that area will hear the DJs live streaming. Usually that DJ logs in with a User/Pass to the broadcast stream with a DJ application on their computer. That same broadcast stream URL is then put into the game somehow like a Area/Music option where you can input a URL to have that area play.

Together with the broadcast stream outside the game, and the Area/Music setting, creates a club type envioronment where Live DJs can entertain large crowds.

I would really love to see this ingame if it is not already being implemented.

You can be a DJ/ be in a band or / a musician who plays on stage but it won't be a paid job and more that is for fun. However you can always charge to play at peoples venues a such but it will your job to get known around the island. Also You cannot record/ live stream in game but you can do it to twitch/ youtube from software not in the game.

Simple Answer: You cannot live stream in-game though.

What I was asking was not about Live Video Streaming. It's about using an Audio DJ program to Broadcast into the game. DJ applications have that ability usually built in.

So no live video streaming, but will we be able to broadcast audio into the game either from a server or a DJ app like I suggested? Am I getting this right?

Edit: To be clear. Can we broadcast audio into the game? And how will that be done?

Edited by Banteel
clarification

11 hours ago, Banteel said:

What I was asking was not about Live Video Streaming. It's about using an Audio DJ program to Broadcast into the game. DJ applications have that ability usually built in.

So no live video streaming, but will we be able to broadcast audio into the game either from a server or a DJ app like I suggested? Am I getting this right?

Edit: To be clear. Can we broadcast audio into the game? And how will that be done?

If you mean from out of the game then no.

8 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

If you mean from out of the game then no.

Then can you explain how DJn in the game will work? I plan on streaming music too. Got a lot of hot tracks. :P

2 hours ago, Mentality said:

Then can you explain how DJn in the game will work? I plan on streaming music too. Got a lot of hot tracks. :P

I have no clue exactly how it will work because no info has been given.

Well, I guess for now It's good enough to know that DJs will be in the game. As for the details of how it will all work and if/how we can get our tracks into the game, we shall have to wait and see.

I am excited to know that It will be possible, even though I don't know the details yet.

Edit: Remember, Identity will likely have to follow strict copyright laws for most if not all tracks. Does anyone know, if the DJ is responsible for the copyright if the material is not being held on the Identity server and the DJ is only broadcasting from their own stream?

Identity might end up being able to only provide a list of tracks that they have rights to use or have purchased rights to use. Making all tracks hosted on their server and only playable through their software ingame with an ingame implemented method.

Again, good to know there will be DJs.

Edited by Banteel
clarification

This will be good i will go to the clubs on this game to see what the dj's are like.