Alecander

Law on underage drinking?

Title says all. Will there be an age limit for going into bars, and grabbing a cold beer? Or will it be the casual "If you can see over the bar you will be served."
Would be fun to role play with this, but will there be identification to check ages.

If there is no age limit on drinking you have my vote! (As long as your other laws are reasonable) :)

7 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

I don't see a need for drinking laws!

I will have to look into what else you offer to the table as governor. Thanks :)

• Like 1

Well, in Identity there will only be adults, sure you can role play a teen or young adult but you will always technically be over the limit.

6 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Tis be true, the game is for 18+!

But in the US you have to be 21. :D 

That is also true. But I don't think anyone would intentionally be making their character under 18 or 21. Side note: The game is based on US cities, but made by a canadian company. Where it is 18 vs 21.

the law, I will arrest you -.- Game or not, no! Can't let you kiddies start bad habits in a virtual world :P

^ If This was happening for a situation to let children break the law in video games why not try something different? Such as have an age limit for drinking but have it so children (if still deciding to) drink under aged they would be punished, More role-play could be spat out by this choice!

The NIF advocates for the people's decision on social issues such as these. For example, in Russia, the adult population believes the their children mature much faster than their counterparts, and have their legal age to buy alcoholic beverages at 16 years old, as opposed to 18, or 21 in most countries.

So when the time comes for a vote, if the people believe that they can handle the youth population and positively educate them on the dangers and safe uses of alcohol, then I wouldn't see a problem with having it at around 16 or even younger.

I would like the idea of the underage drinking law because it would be fun to play around with the cops and drink in front of them, and then just run away and make them chase you, but that's just because I'm a thrill seeker in these types of games haha

1 hour ago, Orbiit said:

I would like the idea of the underage drinking law because it would be fun to play around with the cops and drink in front of them, and then just run away and make them chase you, but that's just because I'm a thrill seeker in these types of games haha

If anything, there will most likely be laws about drinking under the influence. Also, acting like an idiot out in the public while drunk can have you arrested for breach of peace.