lamarr

Robbery

Lets say me and my friends find 1 guy and we rob him and the other guy dosen't comply at all and showing no fear, what should we do example? report him?

I think that in this situation you should (if you didn't already) threaten the other person. If he/she then doesn't comply you shoot (or in another way kill) him/her. I think most people will comply though as they don't want to die.

Yea, thats how it should be but if they dont comply and simply run away with no fear and no roleplay then it should be reported. I think we should make a report section for all the guys that are not roleplaying.

The Devs kinda said that on official servers there won't be a report option, but on private servers the owners can decide whether they want such an option or not

Edited by mermit

I don't think that should be a punishable offense. I'm pretty sure many people won't be afraid to die or won't believe you'd kill them as there are in real life. Not all robberies will be successful.

Edited by facade

2 hours ago, lamarr said:

Yea, thats how it should be but if they dont comply and simply run away with no fear and no roleplay then it should be reported. I think we should make a report section for all the guys that are not roleplaying.

Ok, in real life you have a gun pointed at me and I decide to run. You would not report me in real life would you now?

If there is a rule about complying and so you cannot run away then that would be stupid because IRl you wouldn't report him. Yeah it is not rp to run but everyone should have that choice and that is how stupid the rules go in garry's mod. Also Official servers won't have rules like RDM or NLR either.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Ok, in real life you have a gun pointed at me and I decide to run. You would not report me in real life would you now?

If there is a rule about complying and so you cannot run away then that would be stupid because IRl you wouldn't report him. Yeah it is not rp to run but everyone should have that choice and that is how stupid the rules go in garry's mod. Also Official servers won't have rules like RDM or NLR either.

Sorry mate but i see that you got no knowledge of roleplay. You are just trying to make a name here and impress the admins by comment useless things. You wouldn't run away if you had gun pointed at you thats non- fear and non roleplay at all.

10 minutes ago, lamarr said:

Sorry mate but i see that you got no knowledge of roleplay. You are just trying to make a name here and impress the admins by comment useless things. You wouldn't run away if you had gun pointed at you thats non- fear and non roleplay at all.

I am just making a point. In real life there is no rule on what you do and no I wouldn't do that, but in this game the devs already stated that there is a system to cover things. e.g. if I stay and comply then my stress level goes down and if I run my stress level goes up; if my stress level goes up, it makes me more vulnerable to gun shots. Also Official servers are more "Casual RP" and so will not have rules a such. All to my point, in RP my RP could be I am a guy who will run instead of stay and comply and to take his chances to try get away. Your RP is different and don't consider that and so you think / want them to stay and comply for RP reasons. You need to look at the bigger picture e.g. think outside the box! 

Also I already am known on the forum and don't need to impress anyone. I just speak my opinion and also seem to have more knowledge of RP than you in cases.

If you got 1 gun aimed at you in real life would you try run when you know that you will get 100% shot?

7 minutes ago, lamarr said:

If you got 1 gun aimed at you in real life would you try run when you know that you will get 100% shot?

Did you read my reply, because I clearly told you my answer then in the first line.

Edited by JamesLuck01

Then you aint know what roleplay is mate. You could run if you got a good chance but if he is right beside you and aim a gun at you, and you still decide to run is crazy.

10 minutes ago, lamarr said:

Then you aint know what roleplay is mate. You could run if you got a good chance but if he is right beside you and aim a gun at you, and you still decide to run is crazy.

You clearly didn't read my whole reply.

As I stated RP can be with anything. I could role play a guy who don't care / who thinks he can get away safely and then so I can do it. stop trying to say I don't know role play. Also your "Version" of roleplay is not the only version. Think outside the box.

38 minutes ago, lamarr said:

100% huh? Did you see that video of the cafe worker and the dude that was trying to rob him at gun point? He gave no fucks and the guy eventually left. There was another with a grocery store cashier though to be fair that was Russia. Still though. Definitely not 100%.

Well i think people will abuse that to get rid of the robbers and  to not lose the items.

Edited by lamarr

i will make sure that if i have a gun pointed at me i don't comply or act scared. know why? BECAUSE THE GUY I AM ROLLPLAYING IS A HARD DUDE WITH NO FEAR, and you with your all wisdom and knowledge want to report people like me because of that? the game honestly wont always be 24/7 RP because I'll get bored of always being in character. you should be reported for that idiotic idea that your rollplay is the only one available.

28 minutes ago, lamarr said:

Well i think people will abuse that to get rid of the robbers and  to not lose the items.

Why do you think people are obligated to give you their stuff just because you think everyone should be scared of guns?

@lamarr

Oh God what am I reading *FacePalm*

1) Avoid bringing IRL logics into a game it doesn't work (trust me).
2) Avoid criticizing someone else " RP " Style everyone has the right to interpret RP how they wish

I am gonna answer the original question very simply. So Regarding Private servers, this really is up to them how they wish to manage it do they want Hardcore RP or more of a light RP server.

Regarding the Official Servers So I've spoken to Motown a bit around the way the fear system works and this is how I have interpreted it. I will be double checking this with him tonight as I am not a fan of false spreading information but this thread getting a little crazy. Below are 2 example scenarios.

Scenario 1
Someone tries robbing you, you decide to roleplay and comply your "fear/threat" level is fairly low therefore if the robber tried to kill you it would be much "harder".
Scenario 2
Someone tries robbing you, you decide to either Raise your weapon to try to defend yourself of decide to run away at this point your fear/threat level increases making it "easier" to kill whilst you attempt to defend yourself.

P.S lets also try a promote any questions being asked in the right forum thread
http://www.identityrpg.com/community/forum/25-tourism-span-stylefont-size07emqaspan/

Edited by Willc
  • Like 1

If proper repercussions are put into place for such cases (I.E. death), then hopefully it will be enough to deter most individuals from expressing little to no value in their life; Basically, when you die the game needs to target something valuable that makes the risk all that much more a risk of your very livelihood than it is a simple gamble for your possessions.

Here's how I see it: An individual spends several hours acquiring something of value or just happens to have a considerable amount of cash on them, their first thought is "I'm going to lose it anyway, might as well try to get away" completely forgetting to value something that above all else should be considered exponentially imperative to their well being, thus following their first instinct: flee. - Now if they think they're going to die either way, this would be understandable.

The reason "real world scenarios" are brought into play here is because Identity is essentially a role-play simulator based in our real world society. In the end though it's hard to ask whether you can do so n' such this early in Identity because so many other privately hosted communities will come into play after Identity releases, each server with their own separate rules and regulations; Basically, asking these questions now is completely futile and a waste of time, but I understand your anxiousness to debate.

Everyone has different views when it comes to their vision of what they expect from Identity: Is it a game, a simulator, or both? Do you prefer a GTA-like experience, a more in depth casual experience, or a hardcore no exceptions type experience? Will you be a business man, a hippie/freeloader/bum, criminal, low-life druggy, conspiracy junky, local officer of the law, medical professional, fire fighter, politician, conman, the leader of a secret society, problematic family man, local drunky, etc.. etc.... etc; The list goes on.

The real question is, what will your story be?

Edited by Hill

Players are capable of functioning as "brave" individuals by defending their persons and/or evading the scene, despite a firearm being aimed at their head, considering that a large portion of armed robberies tend to involve utilizing weapons as a mechanism towards persuading the victim to COMPLY to the commands of the suspect through FEAR. However, the majority of armed robbers are rarely willing to commit acts of homicide during an armed robbery. Thus, it is extremely realistic for individuals to run away from an armed robber if the subject is willing to sacrifice their life for their liberty. It shall be the armed robbers decision to convert an "armed robbery" charge into an "attempted murder" or "homicide" charge.

On 3/30/2017 at 5:41 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

You clearly didn't read my whole reply.

As I stated RP can be with anything. I could role play a guy who don't care / who thinks he can get away safely and then so I can do it. stop trying to say I don't know role play. Also your "Version" of roleplay is not the only version. Think outside the box.

Hay James don't listen to this guy he just plays GMOD. But in real life people have ran and that's completely understandable if you ran and didn't run because there is no such thing as FearRP and who would you report it to do an @ sign on you phone and say I need help admins?

Edited by MrClark
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 10:35 AM, mermit said:

The Devs kinda said that on official servers there won't be a report option, but on private servers the owners can decide whether they want such an option or not

Then how are we going to encourage people to commit to RP Successfully?

Edited by PrinceGaga11

4 minutes ago, PrinceGaga11 said:

On 3/30/2017 at 10:35 AM, mermit said:

39 minutes ago, PrinceGaga11 said:

you know you don't have to type the same thing 3 times right? the once is plenty. and you don't. the devs don't want to force anyone to do anything, if i don't feel like doing any RP one day than why should i be forced to? that's why there is so much else to do in the game, i could go paintballing instead. if you walk up to me and tell me I'm not doing proper roll play, I'll just tell you to F off and go bug someone else. im playing it for the feel of online sims, not for the RP.