ZilloShieldz

Marriage & Children

Marriage & Children  

85 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Want to see Family in Identity?

• Yes?
    • No?
    • Maybe on a DLC?

23 hours ago, JessicaMadisyn said:

No children! God save the children! lol. I don't want any creepy, sociopathic, transage, sexual predators online. Marriage is ok to be included in the game. No NPC's except for having an NPC pilot flying airliners to a far away island in a future DLC.

Point taken. Wasn't thinking like that.

I think this isn't a bad idea, as long as it can be like sims with this one perhaps? Maybe allow kin to follow along with you, if they die, they die. I mean, if it were to mimic reality in world we can control and interact with, we should be allowed to be as open in the world as it is to us. So maybe wooing a woman or man NPC, it would of course take a little time, but it can be something do-able. As far as kids, I agree with the comments above, "DLIMIT", kids should sustain being left within the dwelling  if one is available. I really like this idea, I mean if it doesn't happen, that's fine, but something worthy of considering. I can't wait to see what this world is like.  

I don't personally want Npc also,but at least get married or relationship with another player 

My response to this would be an absolute NOPE. Roleplaying a family in-game skirts complex (and illegal...having children in a game with certain content) issues/concerns that I am certain the developers do not at all want to deal with. A concern of mine, personally, is how many people would forget that this sort of "Marriage" roleplay is just part of a game (for example), and that it is NOT part of real life? I've had that experience in tabletop games, where I had intended to create a story including a family (games like D&D, Mage, etc.,...) and the other player(s) would take so much of the connection between the characters to heart, that it would cause IRL conflict, and at one point, it ruined friendships. I agree with LuckyDuck when it's stated that some sacrifices are made in favor of better mechanics, and in my opinion, so much more could be added to the game in favor of that. Personally, adding a family via NPC in this game would play a part in taking away from the whole social aspect of the game from the actual players. NPC families? There's definitely other games for that.

Edit: If there is going to be marriage in this game, there should be benefits like reputation increase, shared finances, properties, things like that, but I'm wondering if that would give an advantage over single players in the game...?

Edited by BulletProofLipstick
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 7:44 AM, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Whole bunch of nope! 

Marriage and adoption will be in game, however it will all be player based, not NPC. Children will be young adults at the very least, and you won't be able to sleep with your significant other.

Who TF wants to marry or have a NPC as a significant other or child...

*plays the Married, With Children theme song* lol

• Like 1