Sign in to follow this  
Explicy

Controller vs Keyboard?

What are your guys thoughts on playing with a controller vs playing with keyboard or even a Thrustmaster setup when it comes to driving? I just wanna see what people think

Probably running my wheel setup for as much of it as I can. My keyboard's just off to my left so I can quickly chat in game or move my character around. Obviously this all depends on if the vehicle physics are good enough to use a wheel with.

On 3/17/2017 at 4:52 AM, flowermouth said:

Probably running my wheel setup for as much of it as I can. My keyboard's just off to my left so I can quickly chat in game or move my character around. Obviously this all depends on if the vehicle physics are good enough to use a wheel with.

Yea, same here or if they will even have compatibility with wheels and pedals.

13 hours ago, Dylan_Heisner said:

Yea, same here or if they will even have compatibility with wheels and pedals.

It says in the FAQ c:

I personally will play with controller, because it provides a more realistic way of feeling the game while you play. Also, when driving, Xbox controller have sensitivity on the back buttons, unlike keyboards where you're either pressing the button or not. I will probably only use keyboard for texting in my phone. 

• Like 2

Much rather keyboard find it more responsive and also feel like i'm way more in control when turning, only thing i dont like about keyboard is the acceleration and also keeping at that speed which can be a struggle.

I'd use the keyboard because I can't access any of the hotkeys on a controller. That sort of sums up the reason why Identity would be unsuitable for console, because of the very limited number of hotkeys they can assign.

• Like 1

I'm most likely going to use a controller because I am used to it from playing GTA, but I will use my keyboard to chat in game.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:31 AM, Orbiit said:

I'm most likely going to use a controller because I am used to it from playing GTA, but I will use my keyboard to chat in game.

Identity uses VOIP mainly, so probably you won't have a need for that (for the most part)

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Mouse & keyboard is better for every game apart from sports games. 

Exactly what I think.

On 22/04/2017 at 8:28 PM, Zeus said:

Mouse & keyboard is better for every game apart from sports games. 

Controller is only good for games that require minute analogue input with some exceptions. I'd much rather play fighting games with a controller. Also driving games are much better on controller, (much better on a wheel though). Games revolving around flight also are better with a controller, (but once again better with a dedicated joystick or HOTAS setup). Couldn't imagine FIFA with a mouse and keyboard either.

But who would play Quake with a controller? :^)

For driving im going to use my G27 wheel....depending on the level of realistic driving. 

• Like 1