Hi guys, it's me Mr. Lucious Lee Times. I'm here to tell you guys there are about 6 guys running for Governor of the Identity Island including myself. We've given policies and laws, but we don't think of everything. We need you all to be asking questions and truly trying to figure out who you want to vote for! Just like this past American Presidential Election was big, this is too! 

What are the future-governors plans for establishing and maintaining a stable economy?

15 minutes ago, Eye236 said:

What are the future-governors plans for establishing and maintaining a stable economy?

Five Characteristics of a Lucious Times Economy

1. The government creates a central economic plan. The five-year plan sets economic and societal goals for every sector and region of the country. Shorter-term plans convert the goals into actionable objectives. 

2. The government allocates all resources according to the central plan. It tries to use the nation's capital, labor and natural resources in the most efficient way possible. It promises to use each person's skills and abilities to their highest capacity. It seeks to eliminate unemployment.

3. The central plan sets the priorities for the production of all goods and services. These include quotas and price controls. Its goal is to supply enough food, housing, and other basics to meet the needs of everyone in the country.

It also sets national priorities.  These include mobilizing for war or generating robust economic growth.

4. The government owns monopoly businesses. These are in industries deemed essential to the goals of the economy. That usually includes finance, utilities, and automotive. There is no domestic competition in these sectors.

5. The government creates laws, regulations, and directives to enforce the central plan. Businesses follow the plan's production and hiring targets. They can't respond on their own to free market forces. (Source: Bon Kristoffer G. Gabnay, Roberto M Remotin, Jr., Edgar Allan M. Uy, editors. Economics: Its Concepts & Principles. 2007. Rex Book Store: Manila.)

Advantages

Planned economies can quickly mobilize economic resources on a large scale. They can execute massive projects, create industrial power, and meet social goals. They aren't slowed down by lawsuits from individuals or environmental impact statements. 

Command economies can wholly transform societies to conform to the government's vision. The new administration nationalizes private companies. Its previous owners attend "re-education" classes. Workers receive new jobs based on the government's assessment of their skills. 

Disadvantages

This rapid mobilization often means my economy will mow down other societal needs. For example, the government tells workers what jobs they must fulfill. It discourages them from moving. The goods it produces aren’t always based on consumer demand. But citizens find a way to fulfill their needs.

They often develop a shadow economy, or black market. It buys and sells the things my economy isn't producing. Leaders' attempts to control this market weakens support for them, SO I won't try to control it!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eye236 said:

I would love to see the other candidates more active, but I'm to assume their busy!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 1:56 PM, LuciousTimes said:

Five Characteristics of a Lucious Times Economy

1. The government creates a central economic plan. The five-year plan sets economic and societal goals for every sector and region of the country. Shorter-term plans convert the goals into actionable objectives. 

2. The government allocates all resources according to the central plan. It tries to use the nation's capital, labor and natural resources in the most efficient way possible. It promises to use each person's skills and abilities to their highest capacity. It seeks to eliminate unemployment.

3. The central plan sets the priorities for the production of all goods and services. These include quotas and price controls. Its goal is to supply enough food, housing, and other basics to meet the needs of everyone in the country.

It also sets national priorities.  These include mobilizing for war or generating robust economic growth.

4. The government owns monopoly businesses. These are in industries deemed essential to the goals of the economy. That usually includes finance, utilities, and automotive. There is no domestic competition in these sectors.

5. The government creates laws, regulations, and directives to enforce the central plan. Businesses follow the plan's production and hiring targets. They can't respond on their own to free market forces. (Source: Bon Kristoffer G. Gabnay, Roberto M Remotin, Jr., Edgar Allan M. Uy, editors. Economics: Its Concepts & Principles. 2007. Rex Book Store: Manila.)

Advantages

Planned economies can quickly mobilize economic resources on a large scale. They can execute massive projects, create industrial power, and meet social goals. They aren't slowed down by lawsuits from individuals or environmental impact statements. 

Command economies can wholly transform societies to conform to the government's vision. The new administration nationalizes private companies. Its previous owners attend "re-education" classes. Workers receive new jobs based on the government's assessment of their skills. 

Disadvantages

This rapid mobilization often means my economy will mow down other societal needs. For example, the government tells workers what jobs they must fulfill. It discourages them from moving. The goods it produces aren’t always based on consumer demand. But citizens find a way to fulfill their needs.

They often develop a shadow economy, or black market. It buys and sells the things my economy isn't producing. Leaders' attempts to control this market weakens support for them, SO I won't try to control it!

You are including too much government. I agree on the central plan but we need to keep the economy mostly free market. I would base it somewhat off the us economy. Also what party are you running for?

Edited by Avrey-McCombs
Party question

11 minutes ago, Avrey-McCombs said:

You are including too much government. I agree on the central plan but we need to keep the economy mostly free market. I would base it somewhat off the us economy. Also what party are you running for?

Due to the game, importing and exporting is nonexistent so a US economy almost isn't possible! That's why it has to be more controlled in order suit the needs of everyone.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 10:34 AM, Eye236 said:

It is more than clear at this point that the economy of Identity will be mainly run on large conglomerates and small mom-and-pop shops. 

Acknowledging this, the best way to stimulate the economy is through the following:

1) A reasonable tax plan that expands the middle class, and consumerism among our people.

2) A low corporate tax to incentivize business investments from the wealthy, as well as increase employment and benefits of our workers

3) Free market. This does not mean a laissez faire economic plan, but rather to allow the market to make decisions on wages, prices, etc. It's more than a myth the businesses or government controls these things, because the market does.

4) Encourage competition in the job market. Everything great comes through some good competition, and what's not a better way to treat our people with the top businesses with the resources at their disposal to do so? I go more in depth about this in my initial campaign announcement, which can be found at the bottom.

Good question!

6 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Due to the game, importing and exporting is nonexistent so a US economy almost isn't possible! That's why it has to be more controlled in order suit the needs of everyone.

I heard that importing and exporting goods will be allowed between servers

1 hour ago, SupremeLeader said:

I heard that importing and exporting goods will be allowed between servers

True, but it won't be able to have any different value! For example,  an American server's $ will be the same as a UK server's $! So, the trade system in that sense won't work!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LuciousTimes said:

True, but it won't be able to have any different value! For example,  an American server's $ will be the same as a UK server's $! So, the trade system in that sense won't work!

True enough

Edited by SupremeLeader

On 4/19/2017 at 2:27 PM, DanTheMan007 said:

Vote for The Confederate Party!!!!!!!

Confederate_Union_Jack.png

This may not appeal to black voters, or many minority groups! Just a thought!

• Like 1