Sign in to follow this  
JohnNYBlaze

Are we sure about these requirements

Question

I had quite a few ppl tell me that a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC, is overkill for Identity. Are we sure about that? I just got Ghost Recon: Wildlands I'm running it @4k on mostly ultra. I have 2 minor settings at very high instead of ultra. And I dropped my resolution scaling to .80 from 1.00, It can go up to 2.00. I HAD to do that, to be able to run 4k at between 35-50 fps, while I'm playing. But the benchmark put me lower than that.

If I put those options up my frame rates dropped to the TEENS! Uh horrible...I was wondering, Identity is going to run 4k as well right? If I want to run Identity @ 4k at ultra settings I'm gonna need another GTX 1080, especially if I want to stream? I honestly dont know why anyone would want to play these awesome looking games in anything less than ultra. Im so in awe of the extreme detail these games have nowadays. I grew up playing Atari and Nintendo.  So I know how far gaming has come in the last 30 years.

I'm playing Wildlands and I'm just in awe. It's like playing a movie.  The level of detail is insane! If Identity is going to have this level of detail, And so much more to do than Wildlands. Then I'm gonna be looking at optimal requirements, not minimal or recommended. I had alot of negative posts about my my rig, that i was excited about getting, and wanted to share my excitement with ppl that could relate. Cause I told my wife, and her eyes glazed over like I was speaking like Charlie Brown's teacher. And I wanted to make sure I made good choices on the components I got. Some ppl took it as showboating.  I've seen alot more put into WAY nicer systems than what I have, and showboating wasn't my intention.

All I really wanted to do was help the people like me that know nothing about PC's and were a lil overwhelmed, as I was, because there is ALOT to learn when it comes to gaming on PC's. I have stated many times that I'm a total PC Noob. But if i was gonna go to PC i wasn't gonna half step it. I was gonna do it right.

The level of detail they are planning for Identity will require a really nice rig to run optimally. In Wildlands you cant use you blinkers, or wimdshield wipers, you can turn on your headlights, but if they break, the lights STILL shine on the ground Lol. You dont leave tire tracks in the mud, and theres a few other issues...but imo it's a really small price to pay, for the level of detail we get in exchange, for those small sacrices. But it also makes me wonder...What kinda requirements will be needed, for not sacrificing those small immersive details, for graphical Utopia?  This is the benchmark I ran thru Wildlands

14894134275602007252933.jpg

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Reorganized

5 answers to this question

Well I think most people think it is over kill as minimum requirements and I know it was not for "Minimum" but more for decent/ highest. I can say probably most people including me don't have £3k to spend or let alone £2k. I particularly don't care not playing in 4k but I still want a fairly decent PC which will last me for 5 or 10 more years at medium to high settings. I think your specs are too high only because most here probably can't afford it.

And any other time I'd be on console cause I know couldnt afford a pc, hence why I've always been a console player. You can see the benchmark, I don't make the pc components, and sell them for what they go for, but even still it runs between 30 to 50 or so fps. And we are talking about Wildlands which is like one aspect of Identity. Drug dealers Vs The Law.

And I didnt have 3k just in between my couch cushions. I got my credit back to good, after many years, and applied for my 1st credit card, cause I thought it was high time to finally get a PC...and if I was gonna do it I wasnt gonna buy something the equivalent of a console,  that's why they make consoles. You PC Master Race guys give us console guys crap cause your PC's are gods of gaming...Then I get crap cause I join PC Nation and I get a better PC then some of you PC Master Racers...That would be like me getting pissed because other ppl have more money to invest in their cars, than I do.

I can't win for losing...I may not be experienced in PC's but why am I gonna switch from console to PC for medium graphics...I can get that on console and save even more money...But like I said if I was gonna do it, then I was gonna do it all in and if I really want the True PC Experience. Then what I have still isnt good enough, because I'm pretty sure it will drop to lower FPS once I try to start streaming at higher resolutions. Identity is goin to be a massive game. With so much in it.

I was also playing offline which, I would think, going online  is alot more load on an already maxed out graphics card. I'm just here waiting for the same game, hoping I get to see my investment pay off. I would love nothing more than for Idenitity get exactly what it deserves and take off and redefine the genre as it's known. I hope I dont have to spend another 600 for another graphics card. But goin by that benchmark, I'm gonna have to. And I got a PC because I wanted Identity,  and for other things now that I have a PC, but not just for Identity.

I've already gotten Wildlands, Dead By Daylight, & The Hunter: Call of the Wild. That will keep me occupied till modules and Identiry release. They are all co-op and all very fun to play. And I'm glad I get to experience all the benefits of having a solid build.  If anyone has any of those 3 games and wants to play  gimme a shout. I'm all about the teamwork, and I have a mic. Like taking down multiple targets in coordinated attacks

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Reorganized
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

And any other time I'd be on console cause I know couldnt afford a pc, hence why I've always been a console player. You can see the benchmark, I don't make the pc components, and sell them for what they go for, but even still it runs between 30 to 50 or so fps. And we are talking about Wildlands which is like one aspect of Identity. Drug dealers Vs The Law. And I didnt have 3k just in between my couch cushions. I got my credit back to good, after many years, and applied for my 1st credit card, cause I thought it was high time to finally get a PC...and if I was gonna do it I wasnt gonna buy something the equivalent of a console,  that's why they make consoles. You PC Master Race guys give us console guys crap cause your PC's are gods of gaming...Then I get crap cause I join PC Nation and I get a better PC then some of you PC Master Racers...That would be like me getting pissed because other ppl have more money to invest in their cars, than I do. I can't win for losing...I may not be experienced in PC's but why am I gonna switch from console to PC for medium graphics...I can get that on console and save even more money...But like I said if I was gonna do it, then I was gonna do it all in and if I really want the True PC Experience. Then what I have still isnt good enough, because I'm pretty sure it will drop to lower FPS once I try to start streaming at higher resolutions. Identity is goin to be a massive game. With so much in it. I was also playing offline which, I would think, going online  is alot more load on an already maxed out graphics card. I'm just here waiting for the same game, hoping I get to see my investment pay off. I would love nothing more than identityget exactly what it deserves and take off and redefine gaming as it's known. I hope I dont have to spend another 600 for another graphics card. But goin by that benchmark, I'm gonna have to. And I got a PC because I wanted Identity,  and for other things now that I have a PC, but not just for Identity. I've already gotten Wildlands, Dead By Daylight, & The Hunter: Call of the Wild. That will keep me occupied till modules and Identiry release. They are all co-op and all very fun to play. And I'm glad I get to experience all the benefits of having a solid build.  If anyone has any of those 3 games and wants to play  gimme a shout. I'm all about the teamwork, and I have a mic. Like taking down multiple targets in coordinated attacks

[Do you ever paragraph stuff. It is a lot easier for people follow where they are reading and not lose track!]

On the other hand, I don't say "PC Master Race" because I was a console gamer more than a PC gamer at first. I converted like you but also i would love to get your build, I really do want it but I can't afford it. Also yes it may be over kill for identity but it is a perfect gaming pc which will last years. Console are great for certain games and PC works better with a lot of other games and they both work well another lot of games together. PC will always be better but A console is a PC essentially and that is why "PC Master Race" makes no sense to me. Any how, console and PC's have both their positives and negatives and strengths and weaknesses and some overlap. A console may be a full fletched PC at some stage in the future.

Lol no it's always been my biggest problem, I hate structure. You dont have to quote that whole thing dude who else could you be talking to or a simple @ woulda sufficed. Your lucky u get the structure I can remember to put in there. 

I say PC Nation, for that exact reason. We are all just trying to play games, right? I used to think like that, but then I realized, it's all about the gaming. I have ALWAYS been a console gamer, and the major reason I never got into PC.

Because I spent most of my life struggling to get where I am now. When ur living on the streets for most of your adolescent years. It shouldnt be a suprise that things shift, on what takes priorities, And academics took a back seat for street smarts. Now, I can barely remember, a majority of the stuff I knew in school. I WAS extremely smart, academically, I shoulda went to college when i was 16, but I wanted to be a kid.

So i missed that opportunity because I was a hard head, like most kids that age, but I didn't have my parents there to guide me, and put a foot in my ass when I made a mistake. So, I made a ALOT of bad decisions, that were compounded by my animosity for the shitty way things were goin.

Up until the last 8 years were tough and took its toll, so I appreciate the little things now. And when I found out my credit was good. I jumped at the chance to get a good build, and only pay a couple a hundred a month for it. Anyone who has struggled would jump at a chance like that, to finally have something nice, especially when your used to always getting the raw deal.

PC is only better , to me, in the sense of their power, more layers, more memory. Higher resolution 

I'm really thinking that Identity will be more demanding than wildlands. But, I'm by no means saying this is the case. I'm assuming, by how much more immersive it will be, while being extremely detailed.

I will try to remember to add the paragraphs and fix the punctuation when I finish a post before I submit it. I type out what I want to say, rough draft, then go over and add all the puncuation and fix things...It takes awhile sometimes, its alot to do just to save everyone a few seconds, so they dont lose their place...But I will do my best to remember

• Like 2