DLimit

Amusement Park or Fair

It would be decent if the game were to consist of a fair and/or amusement park that could be controlled by players. In the process, annual events could be hosted within the fair and/or amusement park in order to boost tourism and the demand for the amusement park. 

• Like 2

If they do decide to do that it would most likely be in an expansion. But hey, I love this idea as well. :D

All i can see is a ghost amusement park and wasted props because people experienced the carnival or whatever it is, once and got over the hype of it and would rather focus on making money and not sitting on a ferris wheel

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DLimit said:

It would be decent if the game were to consist of a fair and/or amusement park that could be controlled by players. In the process, annual events could be hosted within the fair and/or amusement park in order to boost tourism and the demand for the amusement park. 

Knowing most of the content that they're putting into  identity I'm sure a amusement park has crossed their minds. You never know, it may happen! 

10 hours ago, Narc said:

All i can see is a ghost amusement park and wasted props because people experienced the carnival or whatever it is, once and got over the hype of it and would rather focus on making money and not sitting on a ferris wheel

The roleplay aspect seems ignored considering that individuals would probably role play as a staff member within the amusement park or carnival. In the process, the amusement park or fair would consist of contests that grant individuals rewards such as rare items or currency.

I think @Narc is right with this. 

People will just hype it for once and then do something else. 

Also I don't think a big amusement park would be fitting into the setting of the Map. 

-Noe Rock

3 hours ago, NOE said:

I think @Narc is right with this. 

People will just hype it for once and then do something else. 

Also I don't think a big amusement park would be fitting into the setting of the Map. 

-Noe Rock

The amusement park could be located directly outside of the city rather than within the city.

It would probably fit in with the setting, because its a theme park, but definatley not player run, they wont even do shops as player run, its AI run because they are giving the boring jobs to AI. No one is going to want to sit at a ride and turn it on and off as a game, i dont know why people dont get that.

18 minutes ago, Narc said:

It would probably fit in with the setting, because its a theme park, but definatley not player run, they wont even do shops as player run, its AI run because they are giving the boring jobs to AI. No one is going to want to sit at a ride and turn it on and off as a game, i dont know why people dont get that.

How about the idea that local businesses utilize their resources and services to profit from the amusement park or fair? For example, a food company produces, transports, and distributes their pies, cookies, or burgers to citizens within the amusement park. In the process, politicians utilize the time to conduct speeches or organize tabling at the event in order to promote their political campaign. Finally, musicians utilize their time to perform on a stage that is located within the park etc...

Such roles could exist as "staff members" of the amusement park or fair. 

Edit: As for rides, the rides could be controlled by the AI rather than players.

Edited by DLimit
  • Like 1

If it was a carnival that spawns on a field like once a week or fortnight irl, then maybe it would attract people to it, if it was also AI run, and what you just stated, then yes it could probably work, but if you kept a carnival or theme park there, people would slowly go to it, it would never be filled or feel like one and only feel like a ghost park, so making it exclusive would work better.

18 minutes ago, Narc said:

If it was a carnival that spawns on a field like once a week or fortnight irl, then maybe it would attract people to it, if it was also AI run, and what you just stated, then yes it could probably work, but if you kept a carnival or theme park there, people would slowly go to it, it would never be filled or feel like one and only feel like a ghost park, so making it exclusive would work better.

The identical scenario would apply to Cafes, libraries, and the theaters... Thus, why should it only apply to an amusement park? Within North America, amusement parks usual remain active on a daily basis. Thus, the identical scenario should apply to the game. In the process, individuals that undergo love relationships or friend ships would be willing to attend the amusement park on a weekly to bi-weekly basis. Finally, companies would advertise commodities and services that would be distributed strictly at the amusement park for a limited time in order to generate revenue for the park.

Imagine a scenario that involves companies attaining 1%-5% of the amusement park's sales when the company distributes it's commodities and services within the amusement park.

Incentives for every thing... the amusement park's revenue would be taxed by the political representative of the city, as-well. Thus, the political leader would utilize any means necessary to promote state-owned events that are profitable for the city. Finally, rewards would be alternated within the amusement park. For example, a massive teddy-bear would be a reward during the first week of the amusement park while the second week shall consist of a television.

Human beings would invest their time in participating in games and raffles in order to attain a vehicle, basketball, television, laptop, cellular phone etc... The higher rewards would be a monthly raffle while the smaller rewards would be a weekly raffle and/or game.

Edited by DLimit
  • Like 1

Yes amusement parks are always active irl, because they're real jobs and real amusement, thats why they thrive, not only that but there is more then 300 people in the world (as in per server ingame there will be most likely around 300 people) thats very limited not everyones going to want to stay at an amusement park their whole game life on identity, sitting at a ride to press on and off, and other people riding all the rides 100x over just to keep it alive, and if some do thats incredibly weird and rare, and not all servers will have that.

15 hours ago, DLimit said:

The amusement park could be located directly outside of the city rather than within the city.

Well if you look at the map a Amusement park would be to big just look at it:

-The cities are far to small

-Amusement park is would be to big for a small island. 

-County side is mostly farming and forest. 

info-world.jpg

-Noe Rock

Remember that map is an older representation of it, apparently its bigger and abit different. But like i said, carnival would rather suit, if it spawned in on a soccer field or some sort of grounds for it, and it was like hosted as an event once a week or once a fortnight/month, so its exclusive, and have it run by AI and players can come and mess around with it.

Edited by Narc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Narc said:

Yes amusement parks are always active irl, because they're real jobs and real amusement, thats why they thrive, not only that but there is more then 300 people in the world (as in per server ingame there will be most likely around 300 people) thats very limited not everyones going to want to stay at an amusement park their whole game life on identity, sitting at a ride to press on and off, and other people riding all the rides 100x over just to keep it alive, and if some do thats incredibly weird and rare, and not all servers will have that.

As my person had stated earlier:

" How about the idea that local businesses utilize their resources and services to profit from the amusement park or fair? For example, a food company produces, transports, and distributes their pies, cookies, or burgers to citizens within the amusement park. In the process, politicians utilize the time to conduct speeches or organize tabling at the event in order to promote their political campaign. Finally, musicians utilize their time to perform on a stage that is located within the park etc...

Such roles could exist as "staff members" of the amusement park or fair. 

Edit: As for rides, the rides could be controlled by the AI rather than players. "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOE said:

Well if you look at the map a Amusement park would be to big just look at it:

-The cities are far to small

-Amusement park is would be to big for a small island. 

-County side is mostly farming and forest. 

info-world.jpg

-Noe Rock

My person is capable of witnessing an extensive amount of space for an amusement park. Examine the top right portion of the screen that is located beneath the city. One is capable of producing an amusement park directly at that location.

Distributing food to a carnival isnt running a carnival. Having a politician conduct a speech about a carnival isnt something a politician would honestly do, and even if they did, so be it but again that's not making it a player run carnival. Musicians playing at it doesn't mean it has to be player run again.

Like i said, that stuff could work, with what i stated, if the carnival was exclusive and not always there, which would attract players to come, and enjoy themselves instead of sitting around waiting for people to come to a carnival that they have already seen enough times that theyd rather make money and gangbang

6 minutes ago, Narc said:

Distributing food to a carnival isnt running a carnival. Having a politician conduct a speech about a carnival isnt something a politician would honestly do, and even if they did, so be it but again that's not making it a player run carnival. Musicians playing at it doesn't mean it has to be player run again.

Like i said, that stuff could work, with what i stated, if the carnival was exclusive and not always there, which would attract players to come, and enjoy themselves instead of sitting around waiting for people to come to a carnival that they have already seen enough times that theyd rather make money and gangbang

Didn't you and I already establish that the majority of the monotonous tasks within the carnival would be controlled by the AI? Did you ignore my posts?

Requoting another response: "

"The identical scenario would apply to Cafes, libraries, and the theaters... Thus, why should it only apply to an amusement park? Within North America, amusement parks usual remain active on a daily basis. Thus, the identical scenario should apply to the game. In the process, individuals that undergo love relationships or friend ships would be willing to attend the amusement park on a weekly to bi-weekly basis. Finally, companies would advertise commodities and services that would be distributed strictly at the amusement park for a limited time in order to generate revenue for the park.

Imagine a scenario that involves companies attaining 1%-5% of the amusement park's sales when the company distributes it's commodities and services within the amusement park.

Incentives for every thing... the amusement park's revenue would be taxed by the political representative of the city, as-well. Thus, the political leader would utilize any means necessary to promote state-owned events that are profitable for the city. Finally, rewards would be alternated within the amusement park. For example, a massive teddy-bear would be a reward during the first week of the amusement park while the second week shall consist of a television.

Human beings would invest their time in participating in games and raffles in order to attain a vehicle, basketball, television, laptop, cellular phone etc... The higher rewards would be a monthly raffle while the smaller rewards would be a weekly raffle and/or game."

P.S. Politicians campaign their political party and elections every once and a while within a carnival, fair, or amusement park due to the massive amount of citizens that attend the event.

Edited 13 hours ago by DLimit

Edited by DLimit

Did you ignore my posts? Ive stated already that the reason why an amusement park wont suit identity and probably wont happen and the reason why theres a chance that a event carnival could happen is because, its a game bro, it takes time and effort to put into creating something as big as an amusement park right? if you just keep it there and not make it an event exclusive kind of thing like a carnival (they show up once or twice a year irl) then all you are going to have is some people go there to have a few hours of fun and go on all the rides, then focus on another part of the game, like making money, or gang banging, or running a store, or something else that they will be putting into the game, then all those animated, rigged, modelled, textured and scripted models for an amusement park, will be left there, as a ghost theme park thats never going to feel like you're at one because no one else is there but AI running the rides. Dont get me started on people suggesting its player run, because they obviously havent read that identity devs have taken out the boring jobs and given it to the AI (running a store, etc) because no one is going to sit on a bloody game meant to be enjoyment, to sit at a ride, or a cashier, all day and all night serving people here and there, its not reality, so you cant really compare it to it, people like playing games to escape reality, not to go work in a game aswell. Also you keep stating that american amusement parks stay active, as i have already told you, real life is completely different to ingame, not only do people like going to amusement parks in real life because it is actually fun and a good experience because you're physically there, but theres enough people in the area to keep it active, its a game, the highest pop servers they are wanting to have is 300 they say, if you put 100 people in the amusement park, then it would feel alive, but 100 people wont be living at the amusement park throughout playing their life away on a game when the game has more things to offer, the game isnt about amusement parks and how you live in one, its actually about cops and gangs, with other things thrown into the mix to make the world feel real, and people can rp other things.

i think your idea is going a little too deep into roleplay and i cant see it happening, if there was one big giant server with all of identity's pop on it, and it obvs ran well and no lag issues or anything, the amusement park would probably make more sense because there would be more people using it, but the hype of it will eventually just die out then its all that time wasted on all those things needed to make the amusement park. 

Honestly i feel like ive repeated myself numerous times, so this is my last comment on it.
Nice suggestion, but reality it wouldnt work with identity, unless it was a carnival exclusive type of deal. 

Edited by Narc

37 minutes ago, Narc said:

Did you ignore my posts? Ive stated already that the reason why an amusement park wont suit identity and probably wont happen and the reason why theres a chance that a event carnival could happen is because, its a game bro, it takes time and effort to put into creating something as big as an amusement park right? if you just keep it there and not make it an event exclusive kind of thing like a carnival (they show up once or twice a year irl) then all you are going to have is some people go there to have a few hours of fun and go on all the rides, then focus on another part of the game, like making money, or gang banging, or running a store, or something else that they will be putting into the game, then all those animated, rigged, modelled, textured and scripted models for an amusement park, will be left there, as a ghost theme park thats never going to feel like you're at one because no one else is there but AI running the rides. Dont get me started on people suggesting its player run, because they obviously havent read that identity devs have taken out the boring jobs and given it to the AI (running a store, etc) because no one is going to sit on a bloody game meant to be enjoyment, to sit at a ride, or a cashier, all day and all night serving people here and there, its not reality, so you cant really compare it to it, people like playing games to escape reality, not to go work in a game aswell. Also you keep stating that american amusement parks stay active, as i have already told you, real life is completely different to ingame, not only do people like going to amusement parks in real life because it is actually fun and a good experience because you're physically there, but theres enough people in the area to keep it active, its a game, the highest pop servers they are wanting to have is 300 they say, if you put 100 people in the amusement park, then it would feel alive, but 100 people wont be living at the amusement park throughout playing their life away on a game when the game has more things to offer, the game isnt about amusement parks and how you live in one, its actually about cops and gangs, with other things thrown into the mix to make the world feel real, and people can rp other things.

i think your idea is going a little too deep into roleplay and i cant see it happening, if there was one big giant server with all of identity's pop on it, and it obvs ran well and no lag issues or anything, the amusement park would probably make more sense because there would be more people using it, but the hype of it will eventually just die out then its all that time wasted on all those things needed to make the amusement park. 

Honestly i feel like ive repeated myself numerous times, so this is my last comment on it.
Nice suggestion, but reality it wouldnt work with identity, unless it was a carnival exclusive type of deal. 

The game is not focused on strictly "gangs and Law enforcement" considering that it is not a GTA-like game. In reality. it is a game that involves simulating real life scenarios.

You clearly did not read my post:

1. NPCs/AI would fulfill monotonous tasks within the amusement park

2. Local businesses would profit by distributing their services and commodities within the amusement park

3. The state would generate revenue, indicating that the political leaders shall promote the amusement park

4. Rewards shall be granted and ALTERNATED with raffles and games. One week, individuals shall be capable of attaining a television. The second week, individuals shall be capable of attaining a sofa etc... Thus, the incentive towards attending the event shall be extremely high, resulting in an increase in consumption.

5. The identical scenario would apply to libraries, restaurants, cafes, night clubs, and numerous other venues that exist within the map. According to your logic, it would be worthless for the game to consist of such venues based on the sole premise that it would not be active 24/7.

6. You did not analyze the post if you're continuously arguing that "staff members should not be player-controlled" when I had clearly stated that you and I had established that monotonous tasks should be controlled by the AI.

7. "It is going too deep into roleplay"... Identity is a roleplay-oriented game.  Once again, it is not GTA V. Thus, it is NOT a "Cops v. Gangs"-oriented game. 

Edited by DLimit

49 minutes ago, Narc said:

https://gyazo.com/cde3cf095ba0c1ad797e6c2f7f7f8954

Sorry to say i told you so. The theme of it is about modern day western gang culture.
They've stated more then once in interview videos you probably havent watched, that they want to keep the game fun and entertaining.

Where did one manage to attain the source of information or quotation?

The main page states

"... a new breed of massively multiplayer online role-playing game where hundreds of players interact in a world of absolute freedom, where it's the actions of players which determine your fate and the fate of the world you live in.

Live as a criminal, a police officer, business person or anything in between. You are in full control of your own future in your persuit of wealth, glory and power"

10 minutes ago, Narc said:

in the QnA page on this website lol.

Understandable. However, the amusement park would not be any different than the other aspects of the game that include cafes, theaters, libraries etc...