Sicario

Texting the Police

So in Arma 3 Altis Life, we all know users can text Police to report a crime, request assistance and so on. Is this a good system to use for Identity?

I think criminals can use it to their advantage and if being arrested can say they sent a text Police 20 times to report the crime they're the victim of, but because there was no response decided to buy an illegal weapon from a black market dealer and take the law into their own hands, thus putting the onus/fault back onto the Police. If that be the case, Police or the responding offer should have the ability to look at/get a warrant to check the users mobile device and look through its previous messages and confirm timestamps to verify whether a message was indeed sent prior to the callout. If the player exclaims: "I deleted the messages because you didn't respond", the offer will have access to a hidden 'Deleted' folder that holds all deleted messages from the user that is only active till the user logs off and that folder being emptied.

• Like 1

I think texting the police would be good y'know in case you're hostage or see something but dont want your voice heard you can text the address and have police save the day :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

I think texting the police would be good y'know in case you're hostage or see something but dont want your voice heard you can text the address and have police save the day :)

What if you, via your mobile device, could make calls to Police dispatchers (or other players on the server) rather than text; hence describing as it happens what is occurring.

Edited by Sicario

1 hour ago, Sicario said:

What if you, via your mobile device, could make calls to Police dispatchers (or other players on the server) rather than text; hence describing as it happens what is occurring.

Yeah but if you're held hostage you can't do that, they'll probably kill you :)

4 hours ago, Xentinel said:

True. 

I am really hoping there is like a dispatch logging, where if someone notifies the police, it will keep track maybe until the reporting person disconnects, or an officer responds and "clears" the call.

I think it would be cool if you could either text or call the police, they could both go to dispatch and then dispatch can send a car to where it's needed

Not sure if you can text the police, but would be cool if you could! Not in every situation you can use your voice to report a crime. Plus we'll have at least one mute player at this point, so would be useful! ^u^

On 1/9/2016 at 6:52 PM, Sicario said:

True. 

yeah I would kill that hostage plus another one just to scare the rest 

ey! would be great if police could teleport to a crime before it even started! now stop that anime shit. if there's a crime you'll use your phone. if your microphone sucks you've fucked it up. end of story!

People should have to call 9/11, and the police should be able to detect where the call is coming from, as long as the person stays on the line for long enough. Nobody really texts the police, but what you would do is call them and leave the line open so they can hear what is going on, and track your location. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny said:

People should have to call 9/11, and the police should be able to detect where the call is coming from, as long as the person stays on the line for long enough. Nobody really texts the police, but what you would do is call them and leave the line open so they can hear what is going on, and track your location. 

This makes calling the cops for help a lot more convenient and helpful, dispatch could keep busy

• Like 1

On 1/28/2016 at 5:33 AM, Johnny said:

The thing is who would receive the call? Would every cop receive this call? Will all cops receive a notification that a call's pending and can open their phone and the first one to accept the call handles the situation reporting it if necessary?

Personally, I like Citizens being able to text the cops but it would send as a "Dispatch Request" and texting would be entering the appropriate details in separate boxes then hitting "Send" notifying all cops of the dispatch request.

2 hours ago, Hill said:

The thing is who would receive the call? Would every cop receive this call? Will all cops receive a notification that a call's pending and can open their phone and the first one to accept the call handles the situation reporting it if necessary?

Personally, I like Citizens being able to text the cops but it would send as a "Dispatch Request" and texting would be entering the appropriate details in separate boxes then hitting "Send" notifying all cops of the dispatch request.

There will be a police car computer- I'd imagine dispatch sends problems to the computer as a lot of police could tap that objective and then GPS themself there. 

The dispatcher will have a link between them and the officer via voice as well as some form of tracking as well(if they get that deep into the game and give a office for this job)

But that's just my opinion.

22 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

There will be a police car computer- I'd imagine dispatch sends problems to the computer as a lot of police could tap that objective and then GPS themself there. 

The dispatcher will have a link between them and the officer via voice as well as some form of tracking as well(if they get that deep into the game and give a office for this job)

But that's just my opinion.

The thing about dispatchers is you have to have people who are willing to sit there and handle dispatch calls, not everyone will be up for the job.

2 hours ago, Hill said:

The thing about dispatchers is you have to have people who are willing to sit there and handle dispatch calls, not everyone will be up for the job.

I will. Cause I'll sit there n smoke weed too!

As long as you have to literally take our your phone. I don't want to rob someone and they just whip out their phone and text the police without me noticing.

I read somewhere that you report the crime to a dispatch officer, a real person or a npc if noone is online working the dispatch phone. Then they send the request to the police car computers.

I think you should have the text function. Although I think this community and its users genuinely want a semi-serious RP so they will see a crime and hopefully report it. 

On 2/7/2016 at 3:09 AM, Aetion said:

As long as you have to literally take our your phone. I don't want to rob someone and they just whip out their phone and text the police without me noticing.

yeah same I wanna kill all the people on their phones after a robbery, that way i know at least the people nearby are not going to be reporting anything

Wouldn't it also be cool if you could, while in a robbery, take the phones off of people and smash them up or something? So then they couldn't text/call the police. And later you have to pay $10 for a new phone or something like that. 

• Like 1

The police officers should only receive the emergency call while sitting in the police cruiser via the police ''MDC'' (Police comp) or by a dispatcher through alternativ methods as police radio in vehicle or on uniform etc. You could also have a emergency beeper which shows a blue beeper with text which automatically pops up every time there is a emergency call with text or voice recording and it could also specify the location of the caller automatically and perhaps a beeper on the map until the phone is turned off/shut down. At least last known location where the call last came from or something. 

if every officer is getting 911 calls that would be heavy and stupid. There should be a system for it which is properly introduced. 

Edited by Clark

On 09/01/2016 at 6:20 AM, Xentinel said:

That brings a part of gmod rp back to say maybe someone roleplayed they conviscated the items or such actually i think i remember that on twitter they said there would be zip ties maybe and that would stop a hostage "texting or calling for backup".

Edited by JamesLuck01