MichaelD

Karma System

I didn't see if this was on here but my idea is to minimize RDM.

Let's say the karma stat scales from -1000 to +1000, and everyone starts at +100 karma. (numbers are examples)

There's going to be people who will kill on sight for fun and like to be chased by cops. This system is to stop trolls from doing it all the time, not allow serial killers to play paintball, enter the cinema, not allowing them to enter public places if his/her karma is low enough.

I'm not sure if there is a supreme court type system, if there is, then the judge will determine how severe the crime was, and will sentence the criminal to jail and lowering the persons karma.

That's where jail time comes in, lower your karma the longer you stay in jail (if caught).   That's why there are activities in jail to keep you occupied until time is served.  Just like real life, committing multiple crimes result in longer jail time, a murder can be 25 years to life, robbing a store or bank can be around 10 years. The person who served time, his/her karma stat will reset to 0 at the end.

Losing karma would be easier than gaining karma, hopefully this will have people stop and think before doing something illegal.

The karma system can be more complex if you allow it, next to your personal karma stat, there is a karma stat for the groups/factions gangs, police, civilian. If you do stuff for the group you join, you'll gain karma which will unlock skills or perks. This could be explained more but I'm short on time so I will leave it at that, I made this post before but it said I wasn't allowed to post (think I wasn't logged in) and I explained more. Then it deleted everything I said. lol

• Like 4

I think this sounds pretty cool! I know they're already planning on having a system to combat RDM and make it virtually nonexistent, but this definitely sounds like a cool idea! ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hatoful said:

I think this sounds pretty cool! I know they're already planning on having a system to combat RDM and make it virtually nonexistent, but this definitely sounds like a cool idea! ^_^

Thanks man! I'll explain my idea more in depth later.

Not sure if the developers would add this in. They might see it as a pointless gimmick to measure and display your moral demeanor.

I think this is pretty simular to the Stress System they talked about. 

It also prevents people from RDMing so I don't see a need for this. 

Here is the Q&A Video were they talked about it: 

-Noe Rock

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NOE said:

-Noe Rock

Not quite Noe. A karma system measures the behavior in game, such as those who decide to play as good characters and bad characters. But the system that the developers were talking about judges people who are disrespectful on microphone and the cops if they are corrupted. 

6 hours ago, NOE said:

-Noe Rock

What time in the video, I don't want to go through an hour of footage. lol

10 hours ago, Mentality said:

Not quite Noe. A karma system measures the behavior in game, such as those who decide to play as good characters and bad characters. But the system that the developers were talking about judges people who are disrespectful on microphone and the cops if they are corrupted. 

I don't know where / how you even got the info about that system judging people on things like that. There system is more like Noe said in my opinion. and well the karma system sounds like there system but explained differently.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mentality said:

That's not quiet right they are talking about a Stress System. Maybe you wanna look the Video again. Go to the Question: "What Systems do you have to prevent RDM?"

-Noe Rock

1 hour ago, NOE said:

That's not quiet right they are talking about a Stress System. Maybe you wanna look the Video again. Go to the Question: "What Systems do you have to prevent RDM?"

-Noe Rock

That is what I meant. A stress system. But a karma system sounds like something that would measure the good and bad decisions you make with the character.

1 hour ago, Mentality said:

That is what I meant. A stress system. But a karma system sounds like something that would measure the good and bad decisions you make with the character.

Pretty much that, the stress system from what i understood, if someone pulls out a weapon and points at you, the lower your stress level the lower the damage, and increases the higher your stress level is, meaning you have to run away from the person with the weapon so they don't inflict. They also explained there are safe areas with metal detectors that take away weapons, such as the mall, which is a great idea. My idea however, I don't see how it's similar to the stress system. The good and bad decisions stay with you until you serve time in jail, there is no damage reduction caused by "stress". With the metal detectors, it makes half my idea pointless because serial killers wouldn't be able to kill you in public places anyway. Although, there will be public areas that don't have metal detectors, so there's a possibility it can be useful, but the devs already have multiple ways to stop RDM.

15 hours ago, MichaelD said:

Pretty much that, the stress system from what i understood, if someone pulls out a weapon and points at you, the lower your stress level the lower the damage, and increases the higher your stress level is, meaning you have to run away from the person with the weapon so they don't inflict. They also explained there are safe areas with metal detectors that take away weapons, such as the mall, which is a great idea. My idea however, I don't see how it's similar to the stress system. The good and bad decisions stay with you until you serve time in jail, there is no damage reduction caused by "stress". With the metal detectors, it makes half my idea pointless because serial killers wouldn't be able to kill you in public places anyway. Although, there will be public areas that don't have metal detectors, so there's a possibility it can be useful, but the devs already have multiple ways to stop RDM.

THX for repping up the Q&A Video!

I was to lazy to ride it down myself :D

-Noe Rock

7 hours ago, NOE said:

THX for repping up the Q&A Video!

I was to lazy to ride it down myself :D

-Noe Rock

You're welcome haha. If anyone wants to know what part in the video, it's between min 38-40.

On 10/03/2017 at 2:50 PM, MichaelD said:

Eu não vi se isso estava aqui, mas minha idéia é minimizar RDM.

Digamos que as escalas de estatísticas de karma variam de -1000 a +1000, e todo mundo começa com +100 karma. (Os números são exemplos)

Haverá pessoas que matarão à vista por diversão e gostam de ser perseguidas por policiais. Este sistema é parar de trolls de fazê-lo o tempo todo, não permitir serial killers para jogar paintball, entrar no cinema, não lhes permitindo entrar em lugares públicos, se o seu carma é baixo o suficiente.

Eu não tenho certeza se existe um sistema de tipo tribunal supremo, se houver, então o juiz irá determinar o quão grave o crime foi, e sentenciará o criminoso à prisão e abaixando o karma pessoas.

É aí que o tempo de prisão entra, abaixe seu karma quanto mais tempo você ficar na prisão (se for pego). É por isso que há atividades na prisão para mantê-lo ocupado até que o tempo é servido. Assim como a vida real, cometer crimes múltiplos resultar em prisão mais tempo, um assassinato pode ser de 25 anos para a vida, roubando uma loja ou banco pode ser de cerca de 10 anos. A pessoa que serviu o tempo, sua estatística de karma será redefinida para 0 no final.

Perder karma seria mais fácil do que ganhar karma, espero que isso terá pessoas parar e pensar antes de fazer algo ilegal.

O sistema do karma pode ser mais complexo se você o permitir, ao lado de seu stat pessoal do karma, há um status do karma para os grupos / facções gangues, polícia, civil. Se você fizer coisas para o grupo que você aderir, você vai ganhar karma que irá desbloquear habilidades ou regalias. Isso poderia ser explicado mais, mas eu sou curto no tempo, então vou deixá-lo em que, eu fiz este post antes, mas ele disse que eu não estava autorizado a postar (acho que eu não estava conectado) e eu expliquei mais. Então ele apagou tudo o que eu disse. ri muito

In my opinion, this is a great idea.

In my opinion, I do agree that this would be a good idea in something that doesn't already carry a justice system, because with too many restrictions on crime, given that there are punishments and investigators on job for that purpose, it'll be quite the jumbled up mess. I understand the logic though, seeing the KARMA system that was placed within Fable and the series itself as a whole. The reason why is because if you're restricted as to crime, yet you have people who need to stop criminals to make a living, it gets a bit odd if all the big name criminals are dropkarma foolios with the incapability of causing harm, yes, yes you can troll, yes you can kill someone for a stupid reason, but since there's already a prison system in place that forces you to actively play as a prisoner until you are ready to become a good boy, you might as well just let it be and make sure that those criminals can learn the hard way behind bars.