Hill

Individual/Community Rating System

Imagine the real world, the general functionality that is our society. Now imagine bringing that to a virtual world; IDENTITY. Of course though these individuals are sitting behind the comfort of their own computer screen.. there isn't necessarily any real fear for loss of life or assets or even time in prison; You can't always guarantee someone's not going to ruin your immersion or overall be a dumb ass and break obvious rules that don't make sense in any real world implications.

This is why I strongly believe a good balance in terms of the repercussions that come with certain ramifications that led to your inevitable per say crime or even death would require a sort of stat loss (something players care about) to improve the overall quality of role-play for that server and player; Perhaps certain server's will only accept player's with a certain rating.

Honestly, I envision a statistics system that logs a server's overall and player's individual average crime/business/kills/life-spans/faction-balance/wrecks/wealth/etc and general player initialized star rating to determine server's with an "excellent/fair/modest/poor" role-play rating via server list. This will help those whom are searching for a quality role-play community find one based on that communities provided statistics (quality) of that server and maybe that server will only accept you if you have a high enough rating in terms of overall quality; Like requiring a 2+ KDR to join certain clans in FPS games.

I think this would be a useful function.

Edited by Hill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hill said:

Perhaps certain server's will only accept player's with a certain rating.

Well I don't think that will be possible because you have to make a new character for every new private server you go on. e.g. no stats will be linked in private servers. 

Honestly, I envision a statistics system that logs a server's overall and player's individual average crime/business/kills/life-spans/faction-balance/wrecks/wealth/etc and general player initialized star rating to determine server's with an "excellent/fair/modest/poor" role-play rating via server list. This will help those whom are searching for a quality role-play community find one based on that communities provided statistics (quality) of that server and maybe that server will only accept you if you have a high enough rating in terms of overall quality; Like requiring a 2+ KDR to join certain clans in FPS games.

I like the idea, but what if the server has a bad rating because of trolls and things and then no one else joins because of that. Their rep is forever ruined if no one will join them.

(Will add as I go).

Edited by JamesLuck01

On 3/9/2017 at 6:28 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

Well I don't think that will be possible because you have to make a new character for every new private server you go on. e.g. no stats will be linked in private servers. 

I like the idea, but what if the server has a bad rating because of trolls and things and then no one else joins because of that. Their rep is forever ruined if no one will join them.

(Will add as I go).

It's a compelling case.. perhaps before you can rate a community you have to have an X amount of play time on that community; Most trolls probably won't stick around for a week before rating a community and by then you should have a fair opinion of the general role-play provided and enforced by that community.

Also, every user has an ID, so I imagine the ID can be "rated".. but again trolls. I personally support the idea of a server rating system over a player rating system, just thought I'd bring it up for discussion.

Edited by Hill
  • Like 2

I feel like this may be a stretch, but at the same time, hear me out, because this GENERAL topic does in fact trigger my utmost interest as an upstart networking student and developer myself. Consider perhaps, PAYDAY 2, or PAYDAY and how their system works with marking cheaters with a spade and red name. So perhaps, apply that to a more complex scale. Players can have an inspect page with a general RP bio of known things about the character at first glance or easy to find information, all within their profile, as well as their amount of followers, kind of like a social media click. However, those players can be reviewed and or marked by others with a personal review that does not personally effect their ability to play. Such as the quality of their RP, marked under that page with a colored RP symbol, as well as combat, and job reviews from coworkers and supervisors of different kinds, gauging your teamwork and effort as a person, and your social interactions, similar to that of how profiles get a display of how good they are to play with with the XBOX account reviews.

On 3/13/2017 at 11:26 PM, AzkabanTV said:

I feel like this may be a stretch, but at the same time, hear me out, because this GENERAL topic does in fact trigger my utmost interest as an upstart networking student and developer myself. Consider perhaps, PAYDAY 2, or PAYDAY and how their system works with marking cheaters with a spade and red name. So perhaps, apply that to a more complex scale. Players can have an inspect page with a general RP bio of known things about the character at first glance or easy to find information, all within their profile, as well as their amount of followers, kind of like a social media click. However, those players can be reviewed and or marked by others with a personal review that does not personally effect their ability to play. Such as the quality of their RP, marked under that page with a colored RP symbol, as well as combat, and job reviews from coworkers and supervisors of different kinds, gauging your teamwork and effort as a person, and your social interactions, similar to that of how profiles get a display of how good they are to play with with the XBOX account reviews.

Actually this gives me a great idea regarding the in-game "social media", I think it could easily be fitted whereas you can rate people and businesses on Identity's provided "social media". Whether it's being a food critic, business critic, or whatever. Ultimately it will all be a part of that communities world and help establish competing and "premium" businesses in the overall community rather than being compelled to buy from the first business that shot up out of nowhere proclaiming to be the "best" without any reliable references.

So you want to order some furniture but you're worried about that petty delivery time? Good news! Now you can find a business with good reviews in delivery!.. Uh, probably.

Personally I hope we can follow people on "social media" and be notified of their activity on "social media" I.E. a political figure.

Edited by Hill