LuciousTimes

The Great Monarchy - Royal Family

It may be a long shot, but I this the game government should be a monarchy. Following the lineage of the first gamer elected.

Edited by PrezLegend

This should probably be relocated to politics. 

Interesting idea though, how would lineage be defined? Since you cannot have biological children IG, would the lineage be based on who the Royals adopted? 

12 hours ago, PrezLegend said:

It may be a long shot, but I this the game government should be a monarchy. Following the lineage of the first gamer elected.

I think if anything the royal family is not in power, they are just a figure head nowadays, so I don't think it should be that way.

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I think if anything the royal family is not in power, they are just a figure head nowadays, so I don't think it should be that way.

True, but The Royal Family is just the name of my organization. It's an organization of elite businesses, police officers, military, and mobs. You seem very IMPORTANT AND IMPRESSIVE! We have about 40 guys on board...you should message me, I could tell you more.

29 minutes ago, PrezLegend said:

True, but The Royal Family is just the name of my organization. It's an organization of elite businesses, police officers, military, and mobs. You seem very IMPORTANT AND IMPRESSIVE! We have about 40 guys on board...you should message me, I could tell you more.

Yet you said the government should be a monarchy.... The Monarchy is the royal family and is only a figure head. You having a organisation named "he Royal Family" won't have any ties to power e.g. controlling people who can go in to power as governor as also America does not have a Monarchy at all and I don't believe the ever did which is why it won't exist in Identity as a thing because the game is around "American Modern Day Life".

PS: I am not saying it is a bad idea, just my opinion though.

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yet you said the government should be a monarchy.... The Monarchy is the royal family and is only a figure head. You having a organisation named "he Royal Family" won't have any ties to power e.g. controlling people who can go in to power as governor as also America does not have a Monarchy at all and I don't believe the ever did which is why it won't exist in Identity as a thing because the game is around "American Modern Day Life".

PS: I am not saying it is a bad idea, just my opinion though.

Your right, it won't be in the game. I just act as a figurehead in the organization. When I refer to government I mean the government of my group, not the island.

20 minutes ago, PrezLegend said:

Your right, it won't be in the game. I just act as a figurehead in the organization. When I refer to government I mean the government of my group, not the island.

Ah ok, well that is a cool idea either way, but unfortunate that it won't be something.

2 hours ago, PrezLegend said:

but..

17 hours ago, PrezLegend said:

no you dont

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Narc said:

but..

no you dont

"First elected" as in leader elected of our organization and like I said before...government as in the government of our organization in the game. Just some miscommunication. 

11 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Ah ok, well that is a cool idea either way, but unfortunate that it won't be something.

Here's our Discord link:

https://discord.gg/2Zsbt

I've created an organization of businesses, military, police officers, and mobs called The Royal Family. You should join...I would love to have you as one of our leaders!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PrezLegend said:

Here's our Discord link:

I've created an organization of businesses, military, police officers, and mobs called The Royal Family. You should join...I would love to have you as one of our leaders!

Sadly I am not a fan of Discord.

4 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Sadly I am not a fan of Discord.

I understand, though it's the best way of communication for our group. I actually just started using it myself.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:14 PM, PrezLegend said:

Here's our Discord link:

You may think you can buy the police, but there will be a system to prevent corruption in the force. So honestly, I don't see the point. There will be no military in the game. I don't imagine very many businesses willing to pay tribute. Mobs, yeah, I can see that happening though.

Edited by Mentality
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mentality said:

You may think you can buy the police, but there will be a system to prevent corruption in the force. So honestly, I don't see the point. There will be no military in the game. I don't imagine very many businesses willing to pay tribute. Mobs, yeah, I can see that happening though.

I won't be buying off the police, I don't believe in corruption! There are a few private military groups that I work with, and mobs! We all just work together...the officers I work with are more vigilantes.  

That's some sort of role-playing thing, right? Cause they aren't going to set it up like that in the game.

Yes, exactly!  We have a group of about 60 guys now and I'm the overall leader of The Royal Family! The Royal Family is a combination of The Royal Guard (Military), Royal Businesses (Businesses), Royal Officers (Police) and The Loyals (Mobs)!

Ahhh I see now. You are running for governor. But don't let it go to your head. People will have a voice, and they can use it as a weapon to bludgeon you to death. Democracy may be flawed, but at least it gives people some control. 

Yes, and I want it like that! My group is for my own protection,  promotion, and to carry out task that as Governor I won't be able to do personally!