LuciousTimes

The Great Monarchy - Police Policies (Royal Guard)

As future governor I must say the police force is the most important aspect of the game. Due to the fact that crime in the city will be ridiculously high I'll need many brave players willing to risk their lives in order to protect the city's businesses, people, and daily lives in general. As governor I have the capability to write and enact laws. Including laws that enact wages for our officers. I believe officers or any form of police service should be awarded the highest game career pay. Support The Great Monarchy and don't be shy to give your input, I'd like to build a good conversation.

Edited by PrezLegend
  • Like 1

So you want to start a King and Queen kinda thing, like the UK? I'm not sure how well that would work considering that the map is based off the USA and that means Democracy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cryogenix3 said:

So you want to start a King and Queen kinda thing, like the UK? I'm not sure how well that would work considering that the map is based off the USA and that means Democracy.

We would just continue relecting the same person! That way we could be sure all the laws remained the same and pay grades for officers stays the same!

6 minutes ago, Cryogenix3 said:

Oh I see

A few other players and I are building an alliance of businesses, military,  policers, and mobs! Do you have any of those groups? 

On 3/7/2017 at 7:32 PM, PrezLegend said:

We would just continue relecting the same person! That way we could be sure all the laws remained the same and pay grades for officers stays the same!

I doubt the politics career will work like that. And to be honest, I think that's a good thing. What if a governor became corrupted? We don't know if there will be a corruption prevention system for the politics career like there will be for the law enforcement career. We as players deserve the right to inspect every politician in the game and choose whether they have the right to lead us. You are starting to sound power hungry Prez.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mentality said:

I doubt the politics career will work like that. And to be honest, I think that's a good thing. What if a governor became corrupted? We don't know if there will be a corruption prevention system for the politics career like there will be for the law enforcement career. We as players deserve the right to inspect every politician in the game and choose whether they have the right to lead us. You are starting to sound power hungry Prez.

I wouldn't call myself power hungry! I just want the Island to have a good Governor and I feel I could be one. I'm a politician in real life and would like to live that life in Identity as well! You've spoken a lot about me and my ways! Staying curious asking questions and things! I appreciate it! Don't worry I won't be a dictator with crazy laws and things! 

14 hours ago, PrezLegend said:

I wouldn't call myself power hungry! I just want the Island to have a good Governor and I feel I could be one. I'm a politician in real life and would like to live that life in Identity as well! You've spoken a lot about me and my ways! Staying curious asking questions and things! I appreciate it! Don't worry I won't be a dictator with crazy laws and things! 

Spoken like a true politician, talking like you will do more good than harm. A lot of bad politicians talked like that in the beginning. We don't know that for certain Prez.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mentality said:

Spoken like a true politician, talking like you will do more good than harm. A lot of bad politicians talked like that in the beginning. We don't know that for certain Prez.

You're right, you'll never know what someone is going to be like when they're in office! That's the chance you take when you elect someone! But I'm a good one for sure, search me on Google!  @PrezLegend on all social media! I'm just a young guy trying to make it big like everyone else and I see my place in politics!

13 minutes ago, PrezLegend said:

You're right, you'll never know what someone is going to be like when they're in office! That's the chance you take when you elect someone! But I'm a good one for sure, search me on Google!  @PrezLegend on all social media! I'm just a young guy trying to make it big like everyone else and I see my place in politics!

Politicians like to make a good name for themselves on media in the beginning as well. But they reveal their true colors as soon as they are elected. Sorry, but I can't the word of whatever the social media says about you seriously.

19 minutes ago, Mentality said:

Politicians like to make a good name for themselves on media in the beginning as well. But they reveal their true colors as soon as they are elected. Sorry, but I can't the word of whatever the social media says about you seriously.

Then it seems to me you wouldn't vote for anybody. If you can't take anything seriously! Why, would you want to talk politics if you won't believe any politicians?

To prove a point, scrutinize, and point out flaws. No other reason. Comes with witnessing too many bad ones.

5 minutes ago, Mentality said:

To prove a point, scrutinize, and point out flaws. No other reason. Comes with witnessing too many bad ones.

And I understand that! No matter what I say I know I'm not gonna sway you, but the I can do is tell you to trust me. I don't know how old you are but I'm a young guy with dreams of being a great politician!

5 minutes ago, PrezLegend said:

And I understand that! No matter what I say I know I'm not gonna sway you, but the I can do is tell you to trust me. I don't know how old you are but I'm a young guy with dreams of being a great politician!

25 minutes ago, Mentality said:

As I thought, I could tell you were older when you spoke of experience!  I'm 15, though I own many real life organizations and love politics...politics done right!

On 3/7/2017 at 8:25 PM, Cryogenix3 said:

Well the US isn't a democracy SOOOOOOO.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jman9798 said:

Well the US isn't a democracy SOOOOOOO.....

Do you live in the United States of America? 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, Cryogenix3 said:

The United States is a democratic republic, not a democracy.

Edited by Mentality

6 minutes ago, Mentality said:

The United States is a republic, not a democracy. Democrats may often be in office, but at it's core the U.S. is a republic.

Ah, well it's actually a Democratic Republic! Due the fact that citizens vote and we have elected represenitives! 

On 6-3-2017 at 0:04 AM, PrezLegend said:

As future governor I must say the police force is the most important aspect of the game. Due to the fact that crime in the city will be ridiculously high I'll need many brave players willing to risk their lives in order to protect the city's businesses, people, and daily lives in general. As governor I have the capability to write and enact laws. Including laws that enact wages for our officers. I believe officers or any form of police service should be awarded the highest game career pay. Support The Great Monarchy and don't be shy to give your input, I'd like to build a good conversation.

Hey, I'm building my Gun and Electronics company up and I would be interested in supplying your police force with our modern guns and technology? If you would ever get to power.

On 3/11/2017 at 10:19 PM, PrezLegend said:

Ah, well it's actually a Democratic Republic! Due the fact that citizens vote and we have elected represenitives! 

sorry dude wrong again its a constitutional republic. 

12 minutes ago, jman9798 said:

sorry dude wrong again its a constitutional republic. 

ARE WE A DEMOCRACY OR A REPUBLIC?

Is the United States a democracy or a republic? Unfortunately, the answer is politically and definitively confusing. Our form of government is both a democracy and a republic. Fortunately, the debate is beginning all over again and it was started by ordinary people who feel that our government is out of control.

Dictionaries contain slightly different definitions of a democracy and a republic. However, most dictionaries agree that a democracy is government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.

A republic has two forms and definitions. A republic can be a form of government with an elected president instead of a monarch, or a form of government with an elected president and elected representatives responsible to the people.

Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language brings a democracy and a republic closer together by defining a republic as "a form of government in which the sovereign power is widely vested in the people either directly or through elected representatives."

Cuba's President Fidel Castro, Iraq's President Saddam Hussein and the presidents of many totalitarian governments fit the first definition of a republic. However, they are tyrannical presidents that wield the sovereign power of monarchs.

The United States fits the second description of a republic, which, combined with the definition of a democracy, makes us a republic of representative democracy or what some call a democratic republic.

In the definitions of both a democracy and the second definition of a republic, however, the supreme power is supposed to be widely vested in the people. But in our democratic republic, the power of the people has been compromised by those who have assumed greater powers.

The word "democracy" is not contained in the Constitution, yet it begins with the democratic statement, "We the people of the United States. do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. The only place the word "republic" is mentioned is in Article IV, Section 4. "The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government."

35 minutes ago, PrezLegend said:

ARE WE A DEMOCRACY OR A REPUBLIC?

Is the United States a democracy or a republic? Unfortunately, the answer is politically and definitively confusing. Our form of government is both a democracy and a republic. Fortunately, the debate is beginning all over again and it was started by ordinary people who feel that our government is out of control.

Dictionaries contain slightly different definitions of a democracy and a republic. However, most dictionaries agree that a democracy is government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.

A republic has two forms and definitions. A republic can be a form of government with an elected president instead of a monarch, or a form of government with an elected president and elected representatives responsible to the people.

Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language brings a democracy and a republic closer together by defining a republic as "a form of government in which the sovereign power is widely vested in the people either directly or through elected representatives."

Cuba's President Fidel Castro, Iraq's President Saddam Hussein and the presidents of many totalitarian governments fit the first definition of a republic. However, they are tyrannical presidents that wield the sovereign power of monarchs.

The United States fits the second description of a republic, which, combined with the definition of a democracy, makes us a republic of representative democracy or what some call a democratic republic.

In the definitions of both a democracy and the second definition of a republic, however, the supreme power is supposed to be widely vested in the people. But in our democratic republic, the power of the people has been compromised by those who have assumed greater powers.

The word "democracy" is not contained in the Constitution, yet it begins with the democratic statement, "We the people of the United States. do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. The only place the word "republic" is mentioned is in Article IV, Section 4. "The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government."

Constitutional Republic is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutionallaw that limits the government's power over citizens. A Constitutional Republic is the current form of government in the United States

• Like 1

Any governor elected will have the full support and loyalty of my crew. Just let us be brutal on those criminals and cop killers.

22 minutes ago, Philosophy said:

Any governor elected will have the full support and loyalty of my crew. Just let us be brutal on those criminals and cop killers.

I just PM'd you...let's talk!