Sign in to follow this  
Woritmor

IdentityMMO Subreddit and the Internet novadays

I want to start a discussion of a different kind. But let me explain why:

I have been a Member of this community since december 2016. I have met many friendly people from around the world here. Most of the people here are very friendly, answering questions and so on. I am from germany and i have not often seen such a friendly community. (In my oppionion many german communities are bad with toxic members, everyone want to be the best. Maybe some germans can relate.)

But the Subreddit of Identity (i know its not official) is realy bad. I try to help people there every now and then but it seems that the follower und visitors of the subreddit there are mainly toxic people. For example this guy who asked today when the module will be released.

Screenshot_1.png.370503acb7b1380884fc2d6

It's sad and funny at the same moment. 

Or this guy here who complained about the lack of released content for the game : https://www.reddit.com/r/IdentityMMO/comments/5xsg9o/im_really_in_love_with_this_idea_of_a_game_but/ (Just a link, i don't want such big screenshots)

These are only 2 examples and i hardly want to know:

Whats going on with the internet novadays? Why are the people toxic even i try to help in the subreddit? Is it cause its Reddit? Is it cause i'm getting to old? :D Did i do something wrong or are so people just idiots? Why is the forum so nice and the subreddit so extremely bad? 

Edited by Woritmor
  • Like 3

I'll be honest.

I don't see much difference between the screenshot you show and this forum.

I wouldn't say this is the friendliest forum of the internet. I wish I could say, but of all the forums I usually visit, this is easily the easiest to cause flames. There's indeed very helpful and friendly people here also, thanks to which I keep coming.

What's up with the internet? My theory is that people don't treat others the same way they would if they were face to face. There seems to be little respect or empathy in the written media.

Maybe I'm old too and so I feel your pain. Maybe those other forums I'm in, are more frequented by older people than here, such as flight simulation forums, not sure there is correlation though.

But yeah, I often wonder if people really talk to other people in person like they do in the forums.

Edited by Phiedrus
  • Like 1

Thanks for answering this.:)

13 minutes ago, Phiedrus said:

I'm old too and so I feel your pain. Maybe those other forums I'm in, are more frequented by older people than here, such as flight simulation forums, not sure there is correlation though.

That's a good point. It depends on what forum or plattform it is. As you said in flight simulation forums there are more adult people i think (not a flight simulator fun, but i think its true) But what i see is a huge difference between Reddit and this forum for example. 

I thought Reddit is a discussion plattform. But instead it seems to be a place where games have their subreddit and people start complaing about everything instead of sharing good moments, videos or pictures.

As i said, maybe i'm getting too old for this shit :D

• Like 1

The best thing about this: These users on Reddit start downvoting all my postings including helpfull ones. Welcome to  Reddit - The cancer of the internet...