Sign in to follow this  
JaviFoxX

rag doll physics

GTA 4's physics were some of the best.when you would eject from a moving vehicle you would slide half way over the map, well not really but you get what I mean.

I would love to see ragdoll physics in identity similar to that in GTA 4

gta4.gif

• Like 1

I am not sure it Asylum is using a Euphoria engine, but I would assume rag-doll physics will be implemented. It has become a standard for base physics, even for sports games that normally would use base animations. 

My hope is that the vehicle and damage physics are hyper real. I would love to see crashes IG similar to NGDrive 

On 3/6/2017 at 3:05 AM, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

I am not sure it Asylum is using a Euphoria engine, but I would assume rag-doll physics will be implemented. It has become a standard for base physics, even for sports games that normally would use base animations. 

My hope is that the vehicle and damage physics are hyper real. I would love to see crashes IG similar to NGDrive 

BeamNG Drives soft body physics are super CPU intensive and all this happening on servers in real time, it would be really network heavy so for an equivalent i'd say it's unlikely, but i'm no systems engineer so I could be wrong. 

Edited by deadasdisco
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, deadasdisco said:

BeamNG Drives soft body physics are super CPU intensive and all this happening on servers in real time, it would be really network heavy so for an equivalent i'd say it's unlikely, but i'm no systems engineer so I could be wrong. 

I didn't even take that into consideration... lol thank you for pointing that out. 

• Like 1

Maybe they could do what crackdown 3 does. Run all the destruction on servers instead of giving the CPU the task to do it. 

It's a complicated spot that, because as you're looking into the base of game development you also consider that among the trouble of potential CPU over-usage, with the optimizations in general, you're also looking at the fact that we're planning to have 300 folks packed into a server, receiving data and transfer of packets in a quantity that is VERY LARGE, like, imagining each of those 300 unique people's 300 different paths, businesses, or whatever else have you. And in that I'd like to say  that some smaller sacrifices would probably be made to cut down on wear in both areas. CPU is vital to running something, anything, and right now you wanna at least be able to run it on 8GIG, considering most gamers have 16-32GIG on their master computers. Love all the support that the team is getting, so help me keep it up folks! I can't wait to see what they do with it as we pull into March 10th, 3/9/2017.