Sign in to follow this  
JohnNYBlaze

How will damage be taken

Question

I did a search for energy bar or damage system, and got zilch, so hopefully this question is in the right place...How will the damage system work. Will it be shot in the leg, die, same as shot in the head? Or will a leg shot make u run slow, or with a limp, or not at all? If your running while shot, will it spin u around, or different kinds of weapon/bullet impact animations depending on where ur hit?  Will there be a health bar? Or like a life like damage system, depends on where and how many hits, and if its all soft tissue damage or organs are hit. I mean i know it can get crazy to implement. But if you got hit 4 times one in each limb, and no major arteries were hit you'd be in a lot of pain but survive...with proper medical attention

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Clarifying
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

It is said that you will walk with a limp if shot in the leg. Not sure how many shots you can take though, and not sure if there will be an overall health bar. I'm hoping for a damage system like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7BKGlj-kNs         That game was made by just 1 guy, so since identity has more than 1 dev, they should be able to make it as realistic or even better than that. I hope they do it anyways.

• Like 1

@SkinnierSteve that was pretty cool for just one guy, if he had more ppl working on that he could have more realistic animations for when he shot that guy, and he just dropped lol. Hit him with a shotgun and he drops. That woulda lifted him off his feet from thay close...lol but yea maybe not with all the pressure and blood meters but that was pretty cool. 

• Like 1

Damage taken will also be influenced by the "stress system"

We've developed what we call the "stress system" which you'll find at a medium setting on official servers.
By default on official servers, you're going to have low stress. This determines how much damage you'll take from gunfire and other players in general; however, some actions or even locations can add or remove stress, and we've set it up in a way that discourages unwanted behavior.
For example, if someone came to me and pulled a gun on me my stress level would rise quickly. This makes me vulnerable. I could try to run but he might shoot me in the back and it's going to hurt. Alternatively, I can put my hands up and surrender. If I surrender my stress level drops, but I can't move and he can rob me. I had the choice to run with risk, or surrender and spare my life at the cost of my cash on hand.
The above is one example of how the stress system works, but it's designed to cover all sorts of situations.

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/IdentityMMO/comments/5nqgo0/official_qa_with_asylum_entertainment_devs_behind/dcdmygi/

Im talking more along the lines of impact animations, or if it doesnt affect movement...for instance...If I'm being roobed at gun gun point and i run, and he shoots me in the right shoulder, will i just keep running till my energy bar is depleted?  Will that shot spin me, or influence me to fall to the ground?  Falling while your running can be a cool animation, especially if its influenced from an object traveling at high speed

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Correction
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

@SkinnierSteve that was pretty cool for just one guy, if he had more ppl working on that he could have more realistic animations for when he shot that guy, and he just dropped lol. Hit him with a shotgun and he drops. That woulda lifted him off his feet from thay close...lol but yea maybe not with all the pressure and blood meters but that was pretty cool. 

Yeah, the guy that is working on the game says he will improve it. His game is still a prototype, but that was just an example of the damage model I want to see in identity.