On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, DeGoot said:

Why in the hell do you have that monitor with the gfx you are using?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Because I had no idea what I was doin lol and no one said it wasn't a good monitor...now that I already bought it, but oh well...my pc is up and running and looks sweet...maybe u can help me, why doesn't my card go with my TV, no one told me it needed to "go with it". it was a 4k monitor with 1ms response, I thought that was good for gaming. I literally seen identity like 3 weeks or so ago, decided I was gonna get a gaming PC. I'm a complete PC NOOB, I'm learning as I go

Ok i just found out exactly what you were talking about...Yea you would think that ppl who sell computers for a living would say. HEY, freesync is for AMD graphics cards. You got a gtx you need a GSync TV...I see exactly what you meant as soon as i started fiddling with the menu options to optimize the Monitor lol. Still Ive heard some terror stories with getting a new pc so all in all not to bad

So yes, I have to get a G-Sync Monitor, or Im not utilizing my graphics card to it optimal potential with my monitor. I tell u what, it aint horrible tho. I played Evolve Stage 2 at 4k settings GOD IT LOOKED AWESOME STILL! This is what I'll be playing Identity on...Not too shabby for a 1st PC...

20170301_202737.jpg

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

10 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

So yes, I have to get a G-Sync Monitor, or Im not utilizing my graphics card to it optimal potential with my monitor. I tell u what, it aint horrible tho. I played Evolve Stage 2 at 4k settings GOD IT LOOKED AWESOME STILL! This is what I'll be playing Identity on...Not too shabby for a 1st PC...

I really need to tell you that 4k for gaming is NOT to recommend, the guy who sold you this just did his job as a sales man, an idiot if you ask me...

If you really feel that 1920 isnt enough then go fopr 2560, not above... electronics is like everything else, it gets worn and thats exactly what 4k does... so for your computers sake, get rid of the monitor and get a new one!

Edited by DeGoot

On 3/2/2017 at 10:28 AM, DeGoot said:

I really need to tell you that 4k for gaming is NOT to recommend, the guy who sold you this just did his job as a sales man, an idiot if you ask me...

If you really feel that 1920 isnt enough then go fopr 2560, not above... electronics is like everything else, it gets worn and thats exactly what 4k does... so for your computers sake, get rid of the monitor and get a new one!

Actually, I'm here to tell you that 4k is very much to recommend. Right now going 60fps is where it's at in 4k. There aren't any single gpu's YET that can handle 4k at 144Hz. Yes my card and my monitor are not meant for each other, but only in the sense that I can't link the frame rates.

My monitor was also 3-400 dollars cheaper than the current g-sync 4k monitors. And saying 4k isn't good is like saying going from 480p to 1080p wasn't good. Your literally going from 2 million pixels to 8 million! That's FOUR times the picture (definition) than current 1080p monitor...If You can't see a difference you need some Coke bottle glasses.

Trust me, I used to be one of them. I used to love my Sony "Flat" CRT Tube Tv. There can't be that much difference to warrant that price...I was wrong...And I'm here to tell you. Even without the link the picture is AMAZING! So much sharper, tighter, crisp. The PC I have is a beast and was well worth what I paid.  I play all my games in 4k.

Anything more than 60fps is a waste though. Games almost look like movies. I played GTA V on my PS4 on my 50" 1080p led smart tv. And there was  HUGE difference in 4k GTA V on PC. I haven't touched my console since I got PC.

Eventually I will upgrade to the 1080ti and do a giveaway for my 1080sc, the bigger Vram helps with the 4k experience... But >>>In my opinion<<< if you ain't in 4k you ain't playing PC. I can boost clock to 5400MHz Mem clock and 2100MHz  gpu clock.

Which pulls certain games into the high 30's low 40's. Like Witcher 3, looks spectacular on PC, Wildlands, Dying Light. I got 9 fans and it's actually really quite, and stays below 70 C, usually 67 C.

I'm 40 in March, So if you get to be my age and the most you can buy is a HEDT you did something very wrong...My car and my PC are my only 2 material posessions worth anything. So I hope ppl strive for more than that for an achievement.

Man I got a ZOTAC 1080 AMP Edition which is a good card but some games have big dips I also have an i7 core and still have dips which I've had that part for years and need to upgrade thing is just cause you have a good PC doesn't mean you are better cause you still have dips and all that other stuff especially on certain games!

14 hours ago, MrClark said:

Man I got a ZOTAC 1080 AMP Edition which is a good card but some games have big dips I also have an i7 core and still have dips which I've had that part for years and need to upgrade thing is just cause you have a good PC doesn't mean you are better cause you still have dips and all that other stuff especially on certain games!

Dude that's gotta be the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen...punctuation helps. I thought I was bad with my structure. If I'm reading it right, which I'm not sure if I am, but where did anyone say they were better because of the PC they have. All I said was that 4k is definitely worth having, and even though I don't have the best 4k set up, it's still an awesome upgrade. And imo the Epitome of being on PC to begin with.  So far I can play any game I own at atleast 30fps. Most 60fps and I still say it's more than worth the upgrade to play in 4k.

On 8/17/2017 at 5:44 AM, JohnNYBlaze said:

My monitor was also 3-400 dollars cheaper than the current g-sync 4k monitors. And saying 4k isn't good is like saying going from 480p to 1080p wasn't good. Your literally going from 2 million pixels to 8 million! That's FOUR times the picture (definition) than current 1080p monitor...If You can't see a difference you need some Coke bottle glasses.

Trust me, I used to be one of them. I used to love my Sony "Flat" CRT Tube Tv. There can't be that much difference to warrant that price...I was wrong...And I'm here to tell you. Even without the link the picture is AMAZING! So much sharper, tighter, crisp. The PC I have is a beast and was well worth what I paid.  I play all my games in 4k.

Anything more than 60fps is a waste though. Games almost look like movies. I played GTA V on my PS4 on my 50" 1080p led smart tv. And there was  HUGE difference in 4k GTA V on PC. I haven't touched my console since I got PC.

I get your point, but thats a WASTE of money, if you think the difference between 1920 with gsynk and 4k is worth it, its up to you.

And the fps should ALWAYS be above 100, that is if you want to on top of your game and actually care about your own performance, i know your kind of gamer, i have a couple of friends like you, thing is that they always complain about they load in slower and some other stuff.

Comparing PC to consoles, im not even going there, its just stupid.

And why are you comparing crt tubes telies with newer 4k monitors? Did you seriously go from a 90´s tv to a new one?

Just realized you where the one going for a nvidia card and freesync monitor, not even gonna discuss anything about gaming with you....

@DeGoot You speak like your young, lot of animosity?  I wasn't "going for" a Nvidia gpu and an AMD monitor, it was my 1st gaming pc, and I asked alot if all my components would work well together...G-sync apparently wasn't as known as it is 6 months later. But I asked, and from some of the horror stories I've heard, ppl getting their 1st pc.  It coulda been worse than having a monitir and gpu that dont sync using a relatively new technology. Plus it was a $400 cheaper 4k monitor  than the one I wanted that was G-Sync. You ever make a mistake...? Happened to me once...

Please stop, you don't know what you are talking about. Yes the is a hugh difference between a 1080p picture with gsync, and even a 4k picture without gsync.  G-Sync only really means that my card and monitor will refresh in sync, maximizing optimization, for the best possible picture.

There are also about 6 million differences, they're called pixels. I moved up with Tv's as they did, but I didn't buy a new Tv every year. I used to not see the big deal about going to HD(1080p) from SD (480p). I went from playing ps3 on a 27" Sony CRT TV to my 1st HD Tv 1080p Sony Bravia 40". That was 2007-ish and I never went back. If you think the difference from 480k to 2 million pixels is good then yea.

Games look like cinematics in 4k,  there is a huge difference! There is 4 times as much picture!  I know your type of gamer too...typical PC fan boy...talk down down to consolers, think your better than others, it's obvious in the way you talk. Probably got a pc "console killer". Just barely a gaming PC so u could jump on the pcbandwagon.  

Don't argue about technology not being good because you can't afford it. 100 fps is where u ALWAYS wanna be? Really? Cause I'm pretty sure the industry standard in 4k is 60fps right now. They have faster monitors but are very expensive, but we are really limited by gpu's right now as far as fps in 4k. My monitor refreshes at 60 Hz so playing at 100fps is literally throwing away 40 fps.

My picture looks amazing, even though I can't sync to my gpu. Just means I fiddle with the graphics settings a lil more. Does not mean they don't work at all together. It's a great 4k monitor for a budget...hold up...Isn't a budget why you got a "good enough" PC. A PC that was "good enough" to make you puff out your internet anonymity muscles, bragging to console gamers...

You keep thinking that your 1080p "console killer" will keep u on the pc bandwagon. I played on console because it suited my needs. I waited till I could afford the PC I wanted. I didn't need a "console  killer" I'm not trying to prove anything...I here to play PC games. I am a gamer...I go where the experiences are. I don't limit what experiences I have because of bandwagon blind loyalty, and it makes me feel bigger than those that game on console, or anyother platform.

I don't compare PC to console, there is no camparison, that's what posers do. PC gaming is like the major leagues of gaming. There is just so much more. But you picture quality is limited. This isn't a measuring contest. If you were a real gamer it would be about playing games, not where you play them. I encourage my console gamer family & friends to get PC. And not because it will give them a few extra inches bragging rights. Because it's another way to experience what we ALL love to do...take a break from reality...and play some damn games... (crowd goes wild)

Mobile gaming has a bigger market share than PC and console combined. Obviously it's better to game on console or PC...but it's about gaming and convenience. I actually was a consoler that wouldn't even consider pc gaming cause of people like you. You just want to bully ppl to feel better, to justify spending more than a console to play games at console level on a "pc" lol.  Thank you for not talking to me...saved me alot of time trying to pull your head from your ... & trying to make you  see how wrong and naive you are. Seriously it's like you saying that 480p with G-Sync, is better than 1080p without it..."it's up to you" lol

Did I go from 90's Tv's to 4k? Really? Did u read or just skim? I used CRT Tv's and the huge gain in definition to 1080p, as an analogy to the difference between 1080p (1920x1080) and 4k (3840x2160). Seriously it's more than the difference between 480p to 1080p. The more pixels you can use to make a picture the better it will look. More layers means much more dimension. Games look almost photorealistic.

My i7-7700k, Asus Tuf Z270 mobo, gtx 1080sc, 480gb SSD, 2TB HDD, 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz,  says that I load in pretty damn fast. I play games for the experience. For me I want the best picture, highest detail I can, I want my games to look great. You want your games to make you look great. We game for different reasons...

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Reorganized

GTX 480

I7 2600k

I run arma 20-30 FPS in cities and 40-80 FPS countryside, if I can run arma at this FPS im confident I can run identity, Ill be upgrading soon anyways.

cost me 300 Euro. 

Has everyone forgotten that your specs needed to play games depends on how you want said game to look, and at what resolution and refresh rate is required for that look. I've noticed everyone on PC just blurts out "what specs will I need?", and yet the specs required to play games on low settings aren't the same as the specs for the settings I want to run at. I'm really new to PC and I see how different, specs are for different prefrences. Like minimum specs for 1080p and 1440p and 4k are completely different, plus how many fps do you require? For your 60, 120, 144, or 240hz monitors and TV's. I've only ever seen minimum and recommended specs listed.

I can tell you the recommended specs for gaming in 4k are substantially different than recommended specs for 1080p. Like pc is console gaming and one spec fits all. There are so many levels of PC gaming there needs to be levels for specs. 1080p minimum,  recommended, best settings specs. And the same for 1440p and 4k.

As far as your specs running Identity, I Honestly couldn't even tell u, if it makes you happy then roll with it. From what I've seen of this game, anything more than 1080p on low-med settings,  will require a substantially better PC. Personally I don't play PC for console quality gaming...I played console for 30+ years, I've gotten my fill of what I can do on console. It was time to expand my horizons.

I got a PC for what consoles can't do. As of right now Identity won't be doing console.  You know, with 4k consoles on the horizon I been wondering what all these "PCMR" fanboys will do once 4k consoles crush their console killer pc's...IMO this is the logic of alot of "console killer" "PC" gamers.

You don't go and buy a  replica Lambo body with a honda engine and transmission, just so you can jump on the Lambo bandwagon and make fun of people with honda's. You save up, and be proud of that honda, and get a real Lambo. Then make fun of all the fanboys that were posing to make themselves feel bigger.

So far my experience with ALOT of PC gamers is very fake in general. Anonymity really makes the worst come out in alot of people...Seriously sifting thru so many angry ignorant people, to find the few actual gamers in a sea of trolls, is taking it's toll.  Why is it people that usually talk crap about PC's being better than console's are usually the ones bragging about how lil they paid for their "pc's"...it's almost like talking crap to console gamers  makes them feel better for dealing with low-med settings lol. Identity needs to come soon cause besides the awesome graphics upgrade I'm quickly losing faith in PC gaming.  

Sry for the rant it's been awhile since I stopped in, so I figured I'd make up for it all at once. 

16 hours ago, GreyFox said:

GTX 480

I7 2600k

I run arma 20-30 FPS in cities and 40-80 FPS countryside, if I can run arma at this FPS im confident I can run identity, Ill be upgrading soon anyways.

cost me 300 Euro. 

I think you should maybe upgrade your GPU before your CPU because that is pretty old that one is and the CPU is probably the reason why you get that much FPS in Arma but it is really up to you.

19 hours ago, GreyFox said:

GTX 480

I7 2600k

cost me 300 Euro. 

Replace the GTX 480 with a GTX 1070 OC, And replace your CPU with a I.C I5-7600,  (If possible) I'd suggest investing in watercooling aswell since the 7000 series run quite hot.

I can feed my family for 3 months with that budget

Logic here is that we don't know what the minimum specs are, so let's build a PC with somehow the highest specs just to make sure!

Seriously go complain to You Tubers and streamers that make videos about their $140k 8k camera problems, new super cars, or million dollar houses, and they love you, you make it possible, and they throw you(us) a crumb for giveaways. I find it hilarious that a helluva lot pc gamers, will throw it in a console players face about their glorious console killers. Then wanna get their panties twisted when they think it's being done to them. Lots of people could feed their families with the money that is wasted in this country, and hoarded by rich greedy people. Go whine to them. I've busted my ass my whole life to get where I am, and I've EARNED what I have. I didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth either. 

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

Mine is a laptop hopefully it will run smooth on it

2.8-Ghz Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU

RAM 16GB

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / 6GB

WINDOWS 10

And again with the stupid "he has a nvidia card and amd monitor...Get passed this, I've already explained this time and time again...

AlL my games look better than yours in 1080p @144Hz then my mismatched card and monitor with only 60fps...jealous much? Are you mad my mismatch shit out performs your precious 144hz shitty 1080p monitors...

Edited by JohnNYBlaze