Ive seen alot of ppl asking for minimum requirements...Im just trying to be helpful, as i had this problem for the last 2 weeks. So if this isnt helpful, plz accept my apologies. They havent released minimum specs yet, as far as Ive seen. This build will be able, if you can afford blowing $2800+ on a gaming rig, to handle anything that Identity can throw at you including VR & 4k. From what I've been told, Im future proof for atleast 5 years "supposedly", hopefully thats true cause I dont know. 

Monitor: Samsung (UE590) UHD 4k 1ms response AMD FreeSync

Main Tower Components:  

CPU: Intel i7-7700k

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD support

Hard Drive: Seagate Constellation 2TB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s 7200Rpm 64MB

Solid State Drive: SanDisk+ 480GB SSD

DDR4 Memory: Viper Elite Series DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz kit

Mobo: ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 2 LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3.1 Z270 ATX

Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2, 80+ Bronze 850W Semi Modular

Tower: Corsair Crystal Series 460X-Tempered Glass Compact ATX Mid-Tower Case. 

At this point I was around $1500 or so, not including monitor($399 at Best Buy). Obviously this is not the best or worst build, I'm sure there's room to wiggle lower end, cheaper components. And still handle Identity. And we all know theres Lots of room for improvement on this rig. Now on to some added accessories and other goodies.

Basic Needs:

Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Chroma- Multi-Color RGB Membrane Gaming KB

Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma

Speakers: Logitech Z313 Speaker System

Custom looks parts:

Cooler Master hyper 212 LED CPU Cooler with PMW fan, 4-Direct Contact Heat Pipes, Unique Blade Design, Red LED's

Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB LED 120mm Adjustable Color Case Radiator Fan, Triple Pack

eTopxizu Computer RGB LED light Strip w/remote control

Xbox 1Wireless controller w/wireless adapter for Windows 10. 

All said and done i spent 2405.77 on the PC and an extra $400 for the 4k Monitor. I hope this helps anyone that might need a refrence point to go off of...

• Like 2

I said that it was overkill, for just identity, but as i couldnt find minimum specs, this is what i put together to take care of my needs for VR and 4k and i also stated that it could be worked either way depending on ur tastes and budget. It was meant to be a refrence point. For ppl that arent computer savy as others. Like me. If it can run arma 3 and gta v doesnt mean all that much to me. As this is my 1st gaming pc...but i didnt want to get just good enough. I wanted to make sure there was no way i couldnt run Identity, and i did just that. And was offering some advice to help others in my situation

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Clarifying

Care to maybe expand on that with a list of cheaper priced parts or alternatives or $1000 pc build with parts list so ppl can refrence it

AMD FX 6350 or Intel i5 (Any of them will do)

Cheap moba it doesn't matter really.

8GB of DDR3 RAM

GTX 750ti 

Windows 10

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Im sure that will help for ppl looking for a cheaper alternative ty...

That's a 400$ build right there. Gives them a bit of room to expand.

Mine is the expanded, but not exploded version, I definitely have LOTS of room for improvement on my rig. I have no liquid cooling. I put very lil into looks and worried more about performance

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Correction

2 hours ago, Loleliam said:

Too overkill if you ask me, you will be good with a 1000$ pc bought this year.

I don't think it's overkill tbh. I have a GTX 1070 in my Pc, and I can't run some games on Ultra at 900P with 60 fps. Examples are Project Cars, dips to the 30's and 40's depending what track I chose, especially during rain. Rise of The Tomb Raider, jumps around the 40's, Watch Dogs 2, around 30's and 40's, and so on. All those games I mentioned maxes my GPU with that framerate. I saw people with 2 GTX 1080's that can't run watch dogs 2 with everything on max settings. They get around 30 ish fps in some areas, just like I do, but I'm not even on max. Even people with pascal titan x's are struggling with that game. And it's at 1080P. I play my games at 900P. imo, there's no such thing as overkill Pc parts for modern games, because requirements are becoming ridiculous nowadays. I bought my 1070 last year, and already I see games that needs 1060's or 980's to run, and games that wants 16 GB ram. Yes I have 16 GB ram, but still, it's just insane. But what I mean by that you can't get overkill Pc parts for modern games is because the current best parts are not even good enough for watch dogs 2, rise of the tomb raider, and project cars. Even at 900P. Well, Sniper Elite 4 runs at 130 fps with everything on Ultra for me, but that game is well optimized. Ghost Recon wildlands can be anywhere between 24 fps and 130 fps depending where I am, what I'm looking at and how much action is going on. But yeah, graphics and stuff have almost peaked at this point though, so you might not need an upgrade for at least 5 years as you said. I mean, My Pc is 5 years old at the moment, I just changed my graphics card last year from a gtx 560 ti 2gb to a gtx 1070 rog strix edition, and bought another 8 GB ram to make it 16 GB. My CPU is still 5 years old though, but I checked with MSI afterburner why my framerate was low, and my CPU usage was only at about 50% or so, and my GPU usage was maxed with those games. I didn't include the games that maxed my CPU, because of my CPU's age, but yeah, those are the games that can't be run well no matter what graphics card you have. Oh, another game, but that's probably just a bug. Euro Truck Simulator 2. When I am in exterior view, framerate is 60+. When I switch to cokcpit view, fps dips to 30's and 40's, even though GPU usage and CPU usage are low. But that doesn't max my stuff, so that's nothing to do with the parts. 

TLDR: Not even the best current GPU's can run Project cars, Rise of the tomb raider, and Watch Dogs 2 on the maximum settings even at 900P without VR, so GTX 1080 is not overkill, but might still run games 5 years from now since graphics and stuff have pretty much peaked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SkinnierSteve said:

I don't think it's overkill tbh. I have a GTX 1070 in my Pc, and I can't run some games on Ultra at 900P with 60 fps. Examples are Project Cars, dips to the 30's and 40's depending what track I chose, especially during rain. Rise of The Tomb Raider, jumps around the 40's, Watch Dogs 2, around 30's and 40's, and so on. All those games I mentioned maxes my GPU with that framerate. I saw people with 2 GTX 1080's that can't run watch dogs 2 with everything on max settings. They get around 30 ish fps in some areas, just like I do, but I'm not even on max. Even people with pascal titan x's are struggling with that game. And it's at 1080P. I play my games at 900P. imo, there's no such thing as overkill Pc parts for modern games, because requirements are becoming ridiculous nowadays. I bought my 1070 last year, and already I see games that needs 1060's or 980's to run, and games that wants 16 GB ram. Yes I have 16 GB ram, but still, it's just insane. But what I mean by that you can't get overkill Pc parts for modern games is because the current best parts are not even good enough for watch dogs 2, rise of the tomb raider, and project cars. Even at 900P. Well, Sniper Elite 4 runs at 130 fps with everything on Ultra for me, but that game is well optimized. Ghost Recon wildlands can be anywhere between 24 fps and 130 fps depending where I am, what I'm looking at and how much action is going on. But yeah, graphics and stuff have almost peaked at this point though, so you might not need an upgrade for at least 5 years as you said. I mean, My Pc is 5 years old at the moment, I just changed my graphics card last year from a gtx 560 ti 2gb to a gtx 1070 rog strix edition, and bought another 8 GB ram to make it 16 GB. My CPU is still 5 years old though, but I checked with MSI afterburner why my framerate was low, and my CPU usage was only at about 50% or so, and my GPU usage was maxed with those games. I didn't include the games that maxed my CPU, because of my CPU's age, but yeah, those are the games that can't be run well no matter what graphics card you have. Oh, another game, but that's probably just a bug. Euro Truck Simulator 2. When I am in exterior view, framerate is 60+. When I switch to cokcpit view, fps dips to 30's and 40's, even though GPU usage and CPU usage are low. But that doesn't max my stuff, so that's nothing to do with the parts. 

TLDR: Not even the best current GPU's can run Project cars, Rise of the tomb raider, and Watch Dogs 2 on the maximum settings even at 900P without VR, so GTX 1080 is not overkill, but might still run games 5 years from now since graphics and stuff have pretty much peaked.

If you buy the right GPU that'd help. I'm pretty sure each brand releases different versions of those cards. Another reason why you may get frame drops is the poor optimization of the game. I've watched a man have a 4GB EVGA GTX 1080 Water Cooled run a lot of games over 60fps. But I will agree that sometimes it is just the cards.

TLDR; I agree with you about the card but also disagree because it's sometimes the games.

11 minutes ago, Arky said:

If you buy the right GPU that'd help. I'm pretty sure each brand releases different versions of those cards. Another reason why you may get frame drops is the poor optimization of the game. I've watched a man have a 4GB EVGA GTX 1080 Water Cooled run a lot of games over 60fps. But I will agree that sometimes it is just the cards.

TLDR; I agree with you about the card but also disagree because it's sometimes the games.

I think those games I mentioned are just poorly optimized, that's why it ran so badly. I know most games will run at 60+ fps on these cards though. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SkinnierSteve said:

I think those games I mentioned are just poorly optimized, that's why it ran so badly. I know most games will run at 60+ fps on these cards though. 

I'm looking at you Mafia 3

So awesome, thanks for the reassurance. I will definitely be playing alot of different types of games, Mass Effect, GTA, Identity...And it makes me feel alot better that i didnt waste and get more than i needed. I know less than squat and im always 2nd guessing myself

1 hour ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

So awesome, thanks for the reassurance. I will definitely be playing alot of different types of games, Mass Effect, GTA, Identity...And it makes me feel alot better that i didnt waste and get more than i needed. I know less than squat and im always 2nd guessing myself

You can easily run those at ultra at 60+ fps. 

18 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Monitor: Samsung (UE590) UHD 4k 1ms response AMD FreeSync

Main Tower Components:  

CPU: Intel i7-7700k

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD support

Why in the hell do you have that monitor with the gfx you are using?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well I think you don't need such a extreme build for this game. But we will need to wait until Town Square is out. Right now we can't say what the requirements are like the Devs set in the Q&A. 

-Noe Rock

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NOE said:

Well I think you don't need such a extreme build for this game. But we will need to wait until Town Square is out. Right now we can't say what the requirements are like the Devs set in the Q&A. 

-Noe Rock

Not only that, but the actual game may need less resources than the probably not optimized first module.

I mean, OP has suggested a configuration to be somehow sure Identity will run well in, but (no offense), if after spending 2,4k in a rig you can't run Identity, you're doing things reeeally wrong.

I think you can do with maybe half that money.

16 hours ago, SkinnierSteve said:

You've quoted a lot of games which are badly optimised, which speaks loudly for poor frame rates.

• Like 1

Guys, Im not saying this is the best set up in the world, and it certainly ain't the worst. I was looking for minimum requirements and no one wanted to etch anything in stone. So instead of goin with minimum requirements, Since i have no clue about computers cause this is my 1st game pc, i had X amount to work with and i got what would suit me and my needs...Im doin 4k, VR and streaming. So i wanted to make sure i could get something decent qith room for improvement when needed. And if by chance anyone wanted to see something to use for a refrence point, they could go up or down depending on their tastes and budget...why do ppl waste posts repeating things, ive explained. And i had barely any help trying to figure out what was best for something i have NO experience with. A guy at Xidax helped me put most of that list together, and no one said it was a bad monitor. Its 4k which is what i wanted. I was just tryin to help the ppl still looking for clues to what to get. That are coming from console to PC like me...

21 minutes ago, Mikeybeast9 said:

If these were the minimum requirements, NO ONE would buy the game LOL

He didn't say these were the minimum specs but more that he didn't know what the minimum was. So he decided to get a very good gaming pc to suit his needs for when he plays Identity.

• Like 1

I'm sorry that the general comments didn't fit OP's expectations.

But let's be fair. Answers may in fact be what OP asked. Maybe not specific part number or models, but everybody here gave an opinion about a solid build for identity as valid as that of the OP. I honestly don't see offence in the answers.

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

He didn't say these were the minimum specs but more that he didn't know what the minimum was. So he decided to get a very good gaming pc to suit his needs for when he plays Identity.

Thank you bro

On 2/27/2017 at 10:47 PM, JohnNYBlaze said:

Guys, Im not saying this is the best set up in the world, and it certainly ain't the worst. I was looking for minimum requirements and no one wanted to etch anything in stone. So instead of goin with minimum requirements, Since i have no clue about computers cause this is my 1st game pc, i had X amount to work with and i got what would suit me and my needs...Im doin 4k, VR and streaming. So i wanted to make sure i could get something decent qith room for improvement when needed. And if by chance anyone wanted to see something to use for a refrence point, they could go up or down depending on their tastes and budget...why do ppl waste posts repeating things, ive explained. And i had barely any help trying to figure out what was best for something i have NO experience with. A guy at Xidax helped me put most of that list together, and no one said it was a bad monitor. Its 4k which is what i wanted. I was just tryin to help the ppl still looking for clues to what to get. That are coming from console to PC like me...

To improve you gaming experience, you have to sell that freesync monitor and get a gsync one which your graphics card support

well that certainly woulda been nice to know before...lol I'm actually on it right now. Just brought my rig home plugged it in thru a weird HDMI cable(one side was flat)I think DPI. this is all EXTREMELY new for me. I haven't been on a computer since pretty much AOL 3.0 or whatever. I figure its on, it looks beautiful, of all the things that coulda happened, it coulda been a lot worse. OMG its Amazing looking, I've got my account on my pc now, so when I get paid I'll b dropping my pledge. I'M SO EXCITED! I don't believe in that whole PC Master Race idea... So I'll just say I'm glad to finally be a part of the PC Nation...Gaming Evolved! 

• Like 1