TOMA_HAWK569

How would you actually get into a chosen section of the police?

I have heard a lot about how indepth the police will be, but I would love to know, and I am sure many other would like to know; how do we become things like SWAT, or Detectives? I myself already have the goal of becoming a Detective, yet still I have no idea how it would be possible. Another thing... What will sperate the SWAT and Detectives from the normal patrol officers? Maybe weapons? Maybe the Detectives can wear normal clothes, but have a badge and a gun (that would be amazing), and the SWAT have tactical gear? Also would the different branches have different training? One final question: How will the detective system work when it comes to finding evidence and crime scene investigation?

Kind Regards - TOMA

First of all there are many types of police forces.

When you start your job in the Force you will play as a normal cop, giving tickits,arresting,rading homes and neighbors, pulling over cars. and so on. when you do a good job you will be promoted to new sections of police like. high speed patrol officer. then you get promoted to other sections so on until you choose what section you would like to work in: SWAT,police,detective,Traffic stop investigator, prison guard, riot force. and so many more.

1 hour ago, Aziz said:

First of all there are many types of police forces.

When you start your job in the Force you will play as a normal cop, giving tickits,arresting,rading homes and neighbors, pulling over cars. and so on. when you do a good job you will be promoted to new sections of police like. high speed patrol officer. then you get promoted to other sections so on until you choose what section you would like to work in: SWAT,police,detective,Traffic stop investigator, prison guard, riot force. and so many more.

I'm gonna be a farmer and a probation officer.

Gimmi your pee! My plants need water and I'm cheap!

4 hours ago, TOMA_HAWK569 said:

I have heard a lot about how indepth the police will be, but I would love to know, and I am sure many other would like to know; how do we become things like SWAT, or Detectives? I myself already have the goal of becoming a Detective, yet still I have no idea how it would be possible. Another thing... What will sperate the SWAT and Detectives from the normal patrol officers? Maybe weapons? Maybe the Detectives can wear normal clothes, but have a badge and a gun (that would be amazing), and the SWAT have tactical gear? Also would the different branches have different training? One final question: How will the detective system work when it comes to finding evidence and crime scene investigation?

Kind Regards - TOMA

I'd love to see special enhancements like what you're referring to as it would make it so much more immersive- but detectives gotta have a trench coat. And that fedora hat.

And a magnifying glass, and cup of coffee ha

On a real note though, I'd love to see things like police check points and factory raids as that would be a lot of fun(maybe not for the illegal doer, but that was their choice when persuing such dreams). The only question I have is- who gets the evidence? would the governor recieve it as part of being governor and having that state of power? Or would it just disappear? Or be sold?

I think that evidence of all kinds should go to the governor as that would make being a governor that much more worth it- free guns, drugs, ammo, and protection, uhm, yeah! But said stuff couldn't be used(governor would just lock it up until the end of his term) until he wasn't in office as that would obviously denominate his position since they're using mind altering substances in a place of extreme power, which could potentially become dangerous, and I think congress would vote them out as it's against the immersive aspects of the game.

Police cadet training is automated through a system on official servers, once you complete the training/test, you're certified.

I think the Governor should decide or go through the applications of those who've completed their cadet training and if need be interview/screen them before approving the application. Then, the incoming officer already has a relationship with the Governor and feels compelled to serve him and the state - but it also allows the Governor to read the character and find out whether that player is serious about a career in Police or not.

Moving up the ranks, or being promoted to a higher rank all deals with XP.

Basically, you would start as a cadet or police officer in training. As you continue doing good work, your character would gain XP, resulting in promotions and/or branching off into different areas of law enforcement. 

I'd rather see it be manually done.  Maybe there could be Sheriff agencies in multiple areas and to join them all you simply would need to do is apply and go through the training they setup. 

Edited by Sedition

On 1/11/2016 at 4:39 PM, Sedition said:

I'd rather see it be manually done.  Maybe there could be Sheriff agencies in multiple areas and to join them all you simply would need to do is apply and go through the training they setup. 

Private Servers they will be able to set up a bunch of different aspects and trainings for one to be 'white-listed'. However, in the public servers, it has to work a bit differently. 

you've recieved 200000 exp!

character evolution bla

character evolved to under chief assistance paperwork cop for public dutys. understand?

There should be manually promotions and the promotions should be handed by respective 'rank' authority figures which has the power to demote/promote certain individuals depending on their dedication and work. I guess that's something the police chief and governor has to sort out a system for. I mean it would be retarded as fuck if I just passed a random ass test and keep getting higher and higher through the ladder via a UCP system.