Sign in to follow this  
Businessmann

Can you own a real estate company ?

I wonder If you are able to own a Real Estate Company as you can in real life! Please answer down bellow ;)

Edited by Businessmann

Yes, the DEV's have said you could own several apartments or build housing in the world! and then be able to rent it out to people at your price, this could happen either on the official servers but also on community ones, but on the community server's the rules might be different!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonesHark said:

Yes, the DEV's have said you could own several apartments or build housing in the world! and then be able to rent it out to people at your price, this could happen either on the official servers but also on community ones, but on the community server's the rules might be different!

Thanks, can you be more specific with several pls :) 

25 minutes ago, Businessmann said:

Thanks, can you be more specific with several pls :) 

What do you mean with several? 
You can own multiple apartment's, which you can rent out to people at your own price, 
Meaning having apartment 1 with 2 bedrooms getting lent out to let's say John
and then apartment 2 with 1 bedroom being lent out to Zoe, as an example and in that way you are making money every month or week.

Edited by JonesHark

19 minutes ago, JonesHark said:

What do you mean with several? 
You can own multiple apartment's, which you can rent out to people at your own price, 
Meaning having apartment 1 with 2 bedrooms getting lent out to let's say John
and then apartment 2 with 1 bedroom being lent out to Zoe, as an example and in that way you are making money every month or week.

Also you can own housing out in the open world which you can also rent out by building these houses! 

You cannot build buildings in this game......

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JonesHark said:

Thank's for correcting me

Thanks I just wanted to know what you meant with several apartments in the first post ;) Thanks 

From what the Devs have mentioned regarding own and renting property, it is likely that you could own an apartment building or multiple, and rent out the apartments within the building(s) to users. With that being said the Devs haven't given much details on how the process works. They haven't mentioned how many properties one can own, how much you can rent them out for, if you can evict, etc. 

From what the Devs have discussed tho, it does sound like rental properties could be a source of income for those smart and driven enough to attempt uch a career. 

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo

On 2/19/2017 at 1:10 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

You cannot build buildings in this game......

What about being an interior designer and leasing it or selling it out to other people?

Edited by Mentality

3 hours ago, Mentality said:

What about being an interior designer and leasing it or selling it out to other people?

You can customize the interior of any property you own, from what I gathered from the apartment video. 

With that being said, only base options will be available, any exotic or region based interior design and accessories will most likely need to be made in game by a player manufacturer and shipped to you by a player, or you would have to purchase it in a store. 

3 hours ago, Mentality said:

You can say maybe go and get people to pay you to design their homes.

So it is possible to buy a house, flip it, and sell it for a higher price, as long as the exterior is unaffected.

The way it works is that you can own houses, fix them up yourself, and then rent them out. As for apartments, no, you will most likely not being able to rent them out. While there is a limited number of houses, apartments are unlimited, meaning that everyone can technically own an apartment if they have the money for it. Since there will be an unlimited number of apartments, a set price will most likely be set, rather than having people be able to buy apartments and then rent them out.

9 hours ago, Mentality said:

So it is possible to buy a house, flip it, and sell it for a higher price, as long as the exterior is unaffected.

No if you sell the house the person don't get it how you designed it, I meant you can get people to hire you to go in their house and design it for them with payment in cash.

Houses are still partly instanced remember and so when it is sold it likely takes your stuff and is put in a bank storage. Which the new owner will buy the property and will have it as plain as you had it when buying.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Krebork said:

The way it works is that you can own houses, fix them up yourself, and then rent them out. As for apartments, no, you will most likely not being able to rent them out. While there is a limited number of houses, apartments are unlimited, meaning that everyone can technically own an apartment if they have the money for it. Since there will be an unlimited number of apartments, a set price will most likely be set, rather than having people be able to buy apartments and then rent them out.

are apartments in seperate instances? so the same door could be a "portal" to the apartments of many players?

why would i want to rent a house if there are unlimited cheaper apartments?

Edited by PlayerOne

49 minutes ago, PlayerOne said:

are apartments in seperate instances? so the same door could be a "portal" to the apartments of many players?

Essentially, yes. It may be like there are unlimited floors or something, or however they'll have it work. And you'd want to rent/own a house because they're badass.

1 hour ago, PlayerOne said:

Let's say that you can find houses in places where don't have apartments. You have garages, garden and yard in the house. Houses have more than one floor. Generally scarcity adds more value, so are the houses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No if you sell the house the person don't get it how you designed it, I meant you can get people to hire you to go in their house and design it for them with payment in cash.

Houses are still partly instanced remember and so when it is sold it likely takes your stuff and is put in a bank storage. Which the new owner will buy the property and will have it as plain as you had it when buying.

Ahhh, I see.

i have to say that im not a fan of instances. they break immersion. all these compromises just because they didnt go for a powerful back-end solution add up. i think im out here for a while.