Caboose

New site for new community

Hello guys. I will be going into the game as an officer. I've already went ahead and made a small webs.com website for my personal enjoyment (and for those who would like to view). It is just basically a watch list and inmate list with a most wanted list. the site url is http://precinct-65.webs.com.

• Like 1

There is no information.... as a future cop, shouldn't you already be trying to build profiles on potential criminals and high value targets? 

Nice concept, but there will be a lot of servers so if you want it to work you should make it for different servers.

In response to @The1TheOnlyGonzo. I would love to see some profiles already made on there about potential criminals.  Since most of us are open about a status in the criminal world,  I would love to see my face on one of those profiles :P

Yeah I mean I actually like this concept because we can put people on a watch list that have already publicly made claims of life in crime. Even though we cannot do much else as of the moment this would be nice to kinda browse and be used kind of as an information area. I could see the website growing in the future if it is updated to and well kept.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Herzog said:

In response to @The1TheOnlyGonzo. I would love to see some profiles already made on there about potential criminals.  Since most of us are open about a status in the criminal world,  I would love to see my face on one of those profiles :P

But at the same time it could be a bad thing :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capped said:

But at the same time it could be a bad thing :P

Oh it very well could be a bad thing lol. It is a consequence of being so public about our businesses tho. 

Also it may spike interest due to the fact people know that the police even are watching you 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Oh it very well could be a bad thing lol. It is a consequence of being so public about our businesses tho. 

Also it may spike interest due to the fact people know that the police even are watching you 

But then people see your bloodied and bruised mugshot and say "what a badass"  and join :P

4 minutes ago, Herzog said:

But then people see your bloodied and bruised mugshot and say "what a badass"  and join :P

Exactly lol 

• Like 1

lmao thats awesome! Mr.X is definitely in support of this website! When im Governor I will back this website 100%. Criminals be ware! we are guna clean up this town!! :D

Pretty sure they are going to have a criminal database ingame for cops tho, and wouldnt this be based on a server, not the community. 

hey guys! i've been busy irl and couldn't get on the forums recently. but to hit some questions that where in your head,

1. i was going to update the site as soon as the game went live.

2. webs is the only place i go to if i want a "free" site.

3. if there is a database ingame, the site will be shut down.

4. the site would run across all servers.

that's it as of right now.

thanks for the interest in this guys, i love it when people get together like this.

My opinion on this as feedback; is that Everything on this "Forum" is not used "In Character" and is said to be "Out Of Character". This being said makes it meta-gaming as you are using information out of the game to build profiles and so really I don't think any info on here should be used for said reason unless stated by the individual. 

Maybe the information for inmates, top 10 most wanted etc should be solely linked to officer based privileges since it'll be as if you're in a precinct itself and not as open to the public eye. That being said, you'd need to actively monitor the police roster to make sure only officers on said server would be able to view.. It'd be very hard and time consuming unless you own your own server, then you may be able to run it via database to an element on the web page.. 

I have hard time to get the idea on this, there will be a ingame criminal record, after what I have heard. And if you get cought, and go to prison then you will pay for youre crimes. After a player have been into prison there will be a timer where the player can not even apply to ex. be an officer.

So with this website you want to blacklist all players that have some kind of criminal record, and got prison time, for the rest of that players ingame time ?

This site will just punish that player even more if or when the player want to live a legit life. What is the point in that ?

The only thing that I can think of are that you think, that if a player do a crime at some point in the game "life" then that must be equal with that all the rest of the ingame "life" are that player living a criminal life, and for that you want to warn all other players about that player. I think that is a wrong path to go that way.

What you could do was a list over the top 10 or top 50 most wanted players on diffrent servers, for the police, headhunters, bountyhunters etc. But as soon as they are cought, and getting their time, then take them out from that database.  And ofc. IF their life continues in same path then they sooner or later will be on that very same list again. 

I would say that only people of the police force get to have access to a list of all known criminals. Otherwise, there should just be a "Top 10 Most Wanted" for the public, so the general public is aware and it doesn't really show too much information about all the other criminals that are being watched for. I was wondering if there would be signs across the world which show Wanted criminals, it could make it slightly more realistic.

• Like 1

Maybe only on your own server, the official servers will definitely not be using this and also if this isnt for that then what Is It for?