Sign in to follow this  
Dmscar

Ownership of houses.

So I just stumbled upon this game yesterday and was instantly intrigued by it because it's different than most other games. My worry is that with the limit of houses that some rude person will just grind and buy them all on a server and hoard them.. Will there be a actual player cap on the server so it doesn't get flooded with people and have all the harder things to get snatched up by the people with excessive free time. Not trying to come off as rude but I work a full time job and go to college so I can't grind in a game for a house 7-10 hours a day like some younger people can which are generally the ones to hit the "higher" levels sooner which allows them to buy everything up.

Is there going to be any set of rules to make real estate a little more balanced. Because if a server is up and running for a few years then new players are pretty much out of luck unless someone happens to sell and at that point it would probably be for way more than the house is worth.

Besides that I think the game looks awesome and I definitely want to see how it turns out!

I believe this could be an issue however I believe the developers will come up with some sort of system to restrict a user from buying any more than a couple of personal property's, if not only 1.

However, I do believe most houses will be sold by players anyways as the whole point of the game is not to have NPC's do everything.

I am sure the developers will come up with something before release, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Each person can buy only one house in the server. And when you enter in the game you can work there normally and earn your cash, would be you working at day or at night. Some players will spend their money in pubs and other things, but you can invest in something to multiply until you buy your house.

1 hour ago, Dmscar said:

So I just stumbled upon this game yesterday and was instantly intrigued by it because it's different than most other games. My worry is that with the limit of houses that some rude person will just grind and buy them all on a server and hoard them.. Will there be a actual player cap on the server so it doesn't get flooded with people and have all the harder things to get snatched up by the people with excessive free time. Not trying to come off as rude but I work a full time job and go to college so I can't grind in a game for a house 7-10 hours a day like some younger people can which are generally the ones to hit the "higher" levels sooner which allows them to buy everything up.

Is there going to be any set of rules to make real estate a little more balanced. Because if a server is up and running for a few years then new players are pretty much out of luck unless someone happens to sell and at that point it would probably be for way more than the house is worth.

Besides that I think the game looks awesome and I definitely want to see how it turns out!

You cannot own more than 1 house I am sure, so there is not a issue there really but it would probably be maxed at 2 houses.

Not just with owning more than one, but I feel that it will create a monopoly. I/e if you join early and buy a house for $200,000 (Hypothetical) and after a couple weeks, all houses are sold. Is there anything stopping the monopoly of someone selling their house for $2,000,000 or so? How will the houses stay worth the money you paid, and they are cheap, why would anyone ever sell them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaLegion said:

Not just with owning more than one, but I feel that it will create a monopoly. I/e if you join early and buy a house for $200,000 (Hypothetical) and after a couple weeks, all houses are sold. Is there anything stopping the monopoly of someone selling their house for $2,000,000 or so? How will the houses stay worth the money you paid, and they are cheap, why would anyone ever sell them?

If you buy a house for 200k Ideny (I like how it sounds) you can sell for 300k if have some shops around or a great circulation of people. You can sell for 100k if the neighborhood have high index of criminality or robbery.

Hi @Dmscar, welcome to Identity.

Let me point out that, in addition to houses, there are apartments too. Maybe you know it, but since you have just arrived to Identity, maybe you don't, and it's possible that when you talk about houses, you talk about all real estate at once. So if you already know, just ignore this :-)

In case you don't: apartments are unlimited in number, so everybody can have a house where to live and have privacy. Apartments are instanced, and nobody can enter your home. Unless you invite, which is also possible. This may be the balancing rule to real estate you were after.

See you ingame soon.

• Like 1