Levi_King

Server cost?

I don't know if you can rent them directyl at asylum.

As i can remember, Asylum will have different cooperations with hosting companys around the globe. I think it will be the big names in every country like GPortal, zap-hosting, nitrado, 4netplayers etc. in germany. There you can rent the servers then.

If you have other/new informations let me know. :)

11 hours ago, Levi_King said:

How much will server cost? Will they be sold by asylum?

You will be able to rent servers from hand picked hosting companies by asylum themselves. You won't be able to get a dedicated box I believe and must rent with player slots. The chosen hosting companies have not been disclosed as of yet because they are still finalising those deals.

• Like 1

Personaly i'm more worried about the server quality than the price even if the price is important, i don't give a crap if it can't run 300 players and potentialy more without issues or at least annoying ones 

2 hours ago, ST_Helios said:

Personaly i'm more worried about the server quality than the price even if the price is important, i don't give a crap if it can't run 300 players and potentialy more without issues or at least annoying ones 

How many players are you planning to put in?

14 minutes ago, Arky said:

How many players are you planning to put in?

I'm not going to own a server, what i meant is, if the devs think they can raise the bar over 300 players but the server providers can't follow that'll be a problem, well, just keep it to 300 but what if they can't even reach 300 ? do you see where i am going?

10 minutes ago, ST_Helios said:

I'm not going to own a server, what i meant is, if the devs think they can raise the bar over 300 players but the server providers can't follow that'll be a problem, well, just keep it to 300 but what if they can't even reach 300 ? do you see where i am going?

It's all about stress testing man. If you stress test servers you're able to see how many people can fit. I'm sure they've already done that so that's why they say 300 maximum just to be safe.

What i meant by "ballpark figure", is games that have the option to rent servers , whats the average price for something like that, or whats the high end and whats the low end

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Clarifying

9 hours ago, Arky said:

It's all about stress testing man. If you stress test servers you're able to see how many people can fit. I'm sure they've already done that so that's why they say 300 maximum just to be safe.

That is what the beta is mainly about. Stress Testing the players the servers can handle, but also other things too.

7 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Is there a ball park figure to renting ur own server? 

what you mean "Ball Park figure"? 

If you mean price then we don't know but affordable.

If servers cannot handle more than 300 slots then the maximum will be 300 slots for the server providers too likely.

11 hours ago, Arky said:

already done that? how can they do that without a game?

17 minutes ago, PlayerOne said:

already done that? how can they do that without a game?

The game has a lot done dafuq. They can put bots if they wanted to

24 minutes ago, Arky said:

how do you know that a lot is done? i cant find a video that proves anything.

4 minutes ago, PlayerOne said:

Rjust open ur damn eyes

Any idea what each player slot will cost? Lower than normal games, because of the scale of the game per server?

56 minutes ago, PlayerOne said:

The 4 devblog updates, 20+ pictures and a video showcasing apartment customization. Not to mention the fact that there's a supposed release for late March for the first moduale.

9 minutes ago, Arky said:

The 4 devblog updates, 20+ pictures and a video showcasing apartment customization. Not to mention the fact that there's a supposed release for late March for the first moduale.

a static world with a chat. thats it. thats not a game. 

4 minutes ago, PlayerOne said:

a static world with a chat. thats it. thats not a game. 

A static world with chat is still enough to stress test. Doesn't matter how far along in development you are. You'll always see your limits and obviously they've seen theirs.

I am planning on having my own server more than likely and would definitely consider going in on the cost with some people as long as I can trust them to uphold their end. By uphold their end, I mean be a reasonable yet fair admin and be able to maintain your responsibility towards contributing toward the success both payments(if needed, depends on cost really) and developing the community. Of course.. can't say 100% when I'll be going full speed ahead on this plan until launch of the game and server rentals but I'm definitely going to be pursuing my own. Anyone who is serious about it and is looking for someone to work with to make one hell of a community, feel free to message me.

Also, I do plan to be on the police side of things so I could use someone on the criminal side to counter balance my point of views if they get too biased ;)

15 hours ago, Arky said:

@Arky First of all adding bots are not going to give a complete accurate test and that is why they would still have to test with 300 players, which will be in the beta because that will be the closest thing to the full game. That being said, the devs didn't state that 300 was what they have tested, they only stated that 300 players was a goal to achieve. This clearly does not determine that they have even stress tested it.

14 hours ago, Arky said:

The first module is not no where near the complete game, the complete game will consist of all 3 modules and more. The map is not completely finished yet and also there are only a few test cars in the game which well also the map don't have all places completed likely which are the towns and also the objects.

14 hours ago, Notic3 said:

Any idea what each player slot will cost? Lower than normal games, because of the scale of the game per server?

No one has any idea as the devs have not made that public knowledge other than it being affordable.

14 hours ago, Arky said:

A static world with chat is still enough to stress test. Doesn't matter how far along in development you are. You'll always see your limits and obviously they've seen theirs.

Yes they can get a feeling around the amount but it still doesn't tell you a lot when most of the game is missing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

@Arky First of all adding bots are not going to give a complete accurate test and that is why they would still have to test with 300 players, which will be in the beta because that will be the closest thing to the full game. That being said, the devs didn't state that 300 was what they have tested, they only stated that 300 players was a goal to achieve. This clearly does not determine that they have even stress tested it.

The first module is not no where near the complete game, the complete game will consist of all 3 modules and more. The map is not completely finished yet and also there are only a few test cars in the game which well also the map don't have all places completed likely which are the towns and also the objects.

No one has any idea as the devs have not made that public knowledge other than it being affordable.

Yes they can get a feeling around the amount but it still doesn't tell you a lot when most of the game is missing.

It would be cool for some users to be considered [Super test] users to help in a stress test but again, that comes after an alpha and beta build has been established. I'm not sure the incomplete map and not all modules being included really clicked to some as it would give a big false/positive on stress test results. 

I I am really not that technical at all. I really might be interested in playing in a written chat role play environment and if this meant hosting a server I would need some help. I don't know what reasonable means for most people. Can you have a server for 50 dollars a month, a hundred, twenty five, hundreds? For me that would be the difference between going forward and being restrained from playing. Does anyone know what a server for a similar type game runs and maybe I could try to figure if it was something that was conceivable.

Edited by RabidBedlam
color change

36 minutes ago, Kraztec said:

It would be cool for some users to be considered [Super test] users to help in a stress test but again, that comes after an alpha and beta build has been established. I'm not sure the incomplete map and not all modules being included really clicked to some as it would give a big false/positive on stress test results. 

The stress testing will be done via the beta and that is considering all beta users, I doubt anyone will be as " super test user " because they will need at least 300 players to do a test for that capacity!

@RabidBedlam Well reasonable pricing is affordable. 300 slots maybe costing $300 or less; even more expensive than that. It is too early to say at the very least, but if you want a text roleplay server then you might want to go find another person to do it with or just join one as I am sure there will be one.

Edited by JamesLuck01

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

The stress testing will be done via the beta and that is considering all beta users, I doubt anyone will be as " super test user " because they will need at least 300 players to do a test for that capacity!

Never rule it out. The fact that there's such a large amount of potential to this game, there is likely going to be a group that will eventually be super test users at some point for updates. Just about every game out there has some Public Test or Test servers new builds, new features and/or new content. Either way, we can wait for them to confirm and/or deny but I'm not truly worried as I'm paid for a spot in beta and I'll patiently wait for the chance to play. 

5 minutes ago, Kraztec said:

Never rule it out. The fact that there's such a large amount of potential to this game, there is likely going to be a group that will eventually be super test users at some point for updates. Just about every game out there has some Public Test or Test servers new builds, new features and/or new content. Either way, we can wait for them to confirm and/or deny but I'm not truly worried as I'm paid for a spot in beta and I'll patiently wait for the chance to play. 

Yes, I won't rule that out but then again the main testing will be with Beta.