Lmcqwerty

Driving Realism?

So, I'm wondering how the driving in this game compares to real life. I ask because I don't even have my license yet (have to be 17 where I live), and would not enjoy injuring myself and/or others with my driving skills. :/ 

10 hours ago, Lmcqwerty said:

So, I'm wondering how the driving in this game compares to real life. I ask because I don't even have my license yet (have to be 17 where I live), and would not enjoy injuring myself and/or others with my driving skills. :/ 

I don't think you would be the only one, the Identity community will be large and there will be a lot of people who will try to GTA their way travelling to some place! (They will pay of course), but coming to your question, there ought to be a large amount of realism in driving(There is expected to) and you may probably have to prove you can drive properly before you actually sit behind the wheel in real life(Identity I mean).

10 hours ago, Lmcqwerty said:

You will be able to compare it to GTA IV's driving.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

You will be able to compare it to GTA IV's driving.

Oh no.... Oh.... No

56 minutes ago, Arky said:

Oh no.... Oh.... No

What you mean oh...no? GTA 4 had good driving/ handling. Realistic enough for me unlike the arcade GTA V.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

What you mean oh...no? GTA 4 had good driving/ handling. Realistic enough for me unlike the arcade GTA V.

I wouldn't put realism as a car turning the corner and flipping 4 times and then driving off. Most of the cars in that game turn like a Hot Wheel with one fucked up tire. Even the cars that are supposed to turn on a dime. I love GTA4 but Identity could do much better 

4 minutes ago, Arky said:

I wouldn't put realism as a car turning the corner and flipping 4 times and then driving off. Most of the cars in that game turn like a Hot Wheel with one fucked up tire. Even the cars that are supposed to turn on a dime. I love GTA4 but Identity could do much better 

Okey, it had better driving than most games and how fast did you speed round the corner?

Also how sharp was the corner turn?

As I know for a fact you must have been going fast to do that.

but if you do flip in identity you won't be driving off like the GTA games.

• Like 2

I personally think if they made driving realism a priority it would put people off driving in game. This is because it feels incredibly slow driving slowly in a game, and your perception of how slow you are going doesn't mirror going that same speed in reality, because your brain tells you you have to be slow in a real life situation, but not in the video game. Subsequently, if people drove too fast and crashed all the time/ruined their vehicles I imagine the driving would become a quell with the community and not a benefit due to its so called 'realism'.

16 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Okey, it had better driving than most games and how fast did you speed round the corner?

Also how sharp was the corner turn?

As I know for a fact you must have been going fast to do that.

but if you do flip in identity you won't be driving off like the GTA games.

I don't go too fast mainly because I spinout all the time. When I go on a wide turn I either spinout or flip my car

I am kinda curious as to how they are gonna come at this driving system as well. I've heard there's no bullet proof tires, you will need a license if you want to drive...legally. Car damage will be more realistic. And for the added immersion, you will be able to do things like use blinkers and even put on your seat belt, and change flat tires. I think the driving will be fine because its a different world, than GTA, with so much more to do. I mean the real world has ppl that get into trouble because they hate speed limits. Thats why there will be a racing aspect of identity, where the speed demons can go feed their ride some speed without getting into trouble. Im curious about the world as far as damage by cars. Will a police chase be able to end with a car goin off into the woods and taking out trees(not the disappearing kinda either;) ) Or maybe even some buildings, I can't imagine you'd let ppl crash into others homes and aptartments. Unless theres insurance and we can sue. But invisible walls every where will take away from the immersion. I can also imagine it will vary depending on whether ur on offical and unofficial servers. Fingers crossed it will be everything they hope to make it. Im taking a pretty big gamble that it will be

• Like 2

I'm cool with the handling being like GTA 4, as long as the car damage is more realistic like BeamNG rather than GTA 4. I heard it will be like GTA 4 though. Although I hope more realistic, for example, much easier to total the car, components that take damage, like radiator, transmission, engine, etc. Realistic car fire, but no explosions. Also, car damage should be dynamic, unlike Arma 3 where the damage always looks the same. I want the car to deform realistically from impacts. A mix between GTA 4 and BeamNG, or even Wreckfest style damage would be cool. Although Wreckfest is not realistic, but I mean the deformation amounts could be like wreckfest. Parts should not fall off that easily, and cars should not drive when their engine is literally squashed into the driver's seat. But yeah, Gta 4 style damage with a bit more deformation, and easier to total your car would be awesome. 

Edited by SkinnierSteve
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2017 at 1:33 AM, Lmcqwerty said:

I highly recommend watching Powergaming7's Q&A video with the IdentityRPG devs. They have a lot of information on what the vehicle/driving system is going to look like! 

• Like 4

I think GTA 4 has the best throttle response etc , I doubt many you know but on gta 4 you can change gears almost when you want by releasing the trigger, and pressing it in at the right times,, I know how to change up a gear an down in gta 4, I love it, and the best thing is, when the car changes gear it changes like a Manuel, but you uses the trigger like your driving a automatic car, its amazing I am currently playing gta4 atm. the best way to try this technique is in the sultan RS but can be done in any car. This was changed in GTA5 because they wanted it to feel like a racing game.witch I think is really stupid, you cant cruise in gta5, you try cruise around but it holds 3rd gear n shit, gta5 you can cruise in like 5th going normal speed. I think gta 4 driving is best , the cars just have to much body rolls that's all, but that's part of it being real you have to slow down otherwise you will fuck your self up. its simple learn how to drive in the game. and again I believe the body roll was a too over rated. the damage in gta4 is better than gta5 as well, who likes all there windows smashing from tapping a wall, or driving through a wooden fence? and having to crash you car 10 times in the front to make it look fucked in gta 5, also fighting and hitting into people is better in gta4, I think this was because gta had to be simmer down the realism in the violence

Edited by YoungOne
  • Like 1

I think identity should go all and and do what no one as has, in real life you run the risk in speeding, this game should be the same, you want to speed? get good at it because if you crash, you car is toast, this is how I think it should be like, and as I've heard it is going to be like this, we just have to hope that it looks good

5 hours ago, YoungOne said:

I think GTA 4 has the best throttle response etc , I doubt many you know but on gta 4 you can change gears almost when you want by releasing the trigger, and pressing it in at the right times,

I'm pretty sure Identity will give you the option to change gears yourself. Not this weird half triggering stuff.

On 28/03/2017 at 1:49 AM, YoungOne said:

I think GTA 4 has the best throttle response etc , I doubt many you know but on gta 4 you can change gears almost when you want by releasing the trigger, and pressing it in at the right times,, I know how to change up a gear an down in gta 4, I love it, and the best thing is, when the car changes gear it changes like a Manuel, but you uses the trigger like your driving a automatic car, its amazing I am currently playing gta4 atm. the best way to try this technique is in the sultan RS but can be done in any car. This was changed in GTA5 because they wanted it to feel like a racing game.witch I think is really stupid, you cant cruise in gta5, you try cruise around but it holds 3rd gear n shit, gta5 you can cruise in like 5th going normal speed. I think gta 4 driving is best , the cars just have to much body rolls that's all, but that's part of it being real you have to slow down otherwise you will fuck your self up. its simple learn how to drive in the game. and again I believe the body roll was a too over rated. the damage in gta4 is better than gta5 as well, who likes all there windows smashing from tapping a wall, or driving through a wooden fence? and having to crash you car 10 times in the front to make it look fucked in gta 5, also fighting and hitting into people is better in gta4, I think this was because gta had to be simmer down the realism in the violence

They did take out manual shifting via hair triggering the throttle, however you can activate your Turbo via hair triggering the throttle, although they made it more of a challenge to time it. 

I do have to agree the driving physics were way better in GTA IV, even driving a motorcycle in IV felt more realistic. 

You can drive at a normal speed in V, however you have to find the right position on the throttle which takes time because you have to find the specific spot. 

yeah i have done it on gta5 before but i felt the car was still going a little fast and was frustrating as it was really herd to do, well i diddnt spend to much time on it because it never really worked, but im sure you could get pro at it, but even then it high wasnt in a enough gear to enjoy fully, i felt like it was a lil bit of a wast of time, so i just let the gear hold do its thing

Edited by YoungOne

i really wish they made there turbo system the same as the sultanRS on IV. still today i think thats the best out of all games, sounds better than forza haha, so on point. love GTAIV

to make it short: play some car simulation and or race games (like forza or wreckfest: next car game) until the game is released.

On 31/03/2017 at 9:13 PM, Shimozukachi said:

to make it short: play some car simulation and or race games (like forza or wreckfest: next car game) until the game is released.

fug.png.abcfd03e78143c08c108077e2cd5d9d7

I'm okay thanks.

Nothing will beat the thrill of racing on public roads where there's consequence for their actions. That's where the adrenaline lies. I want to see the blue and red lights in my rear view, knowing that bastard cop wants my blood. :)

That's why I'm looking forward to this game.

I'm really excited for the driving in this game it should be really good and realistic by how they have described it. And one of my favourite things they have done is saying that little bumps and crashes can end up ruining your car so its really realistic.