So, as a role playing game- the thing I've hated most out of everything is a need for food, but with a game like this I feel it's logical since illness is in it too. I understand realisticallity and all, but the food need has always been a ugly game trait, however I feel with proper tuning, like (eat a sandwich when you log on) (and hunger is only in effect while playing) or something like that would be good and enhance the game experience slightly and it would add the culinary career to the game, and it would make a lot of unique foods.... or just a bunch of sandwiches and soups with different names. Just a wandering thought of logic.

• Like 1

This sounds like a great idea. I enjoy crafting in games, and different foods could give different amounts of hunger replenishment. Or slow the hunger process. Great post

i think it would be fun if they had food poisining mechanics. do you go to that sh!t kebab place 5 mins away and risk a tummby bug, or do you go to a "macdoodles" which cost a little more, but less risk of giving you the poops

• Like 1

Illness is equiped in the game jabba, so I think it'll be more about you watching who you are around. I wonder if sickness will be visible or if the players character will interupt talk every 30 seconds to cough- alerting other players of illness :o

I agree, crafting would be good, for multiple roles ... Doctor... Chef...
Depending on your game traits you can use like a stove or a medical unit to craft items, then sell them or put the items on a "market" e.g vending machine so other users can buy your wares and you make a small profit and continue the cycle...

and when people visit a doctor to get treatment they accept a bill before treatment .. doc gets paid... doc can buy more medical items and increase docs traits ...

Food should be a big part of the game as the dev's had said, you need to eat once a day and drink to stay alive. If not, you will eventually drop dead. 

Would be cool to see in game, MMO's that I've played I just buy 20 Soda's and 20 Hotdogs and have them stockpiled, buying the cheapest foods to get along.

Edited by Xentinel

There will be cake baking, pizza and popcorn, I'd assume most common meals will be in the game aswell. Like cereals, spaghetti, lobster, hamburgers, hotdogs and some sandwiches. It'd be cool if you could make your own sandwich, even if it'd be just picking out the ingredients and not having your character literally slice bread, smear butter, cut the meat and all of that. Like if you could choose which bread, meat, veggie, butter etc you want on your sandwich, so a sandwich with ham on dark bread would look differently than sandwich with peanut butter on white bread. :D

For a game like this I think a comprehensive food crafting/cooking system is a must.  It's exciting to think of buying fesh produce (player grown of course) and then cooking up a batch of 'Binky's apple pie' to take to the picnic.