Saint6

Auto Theft and Breaking into vehicles?

So, this definitely isn't GTA here it's Identity.  My question is, will there be a gameplay mechanic that will allow players to break into vehicles?  Maybe a lockout kit for a Tow Truck driver who needs to impound a locked vehicle?  Maybe a criminal who just wants to steal the car. . .  Will they need tools, and will they need to know how to use them properly, to quickly get in-and-out before the cops show up?  Or will they have to rob the owner of said car?

38 minutes ago, Saint6 said:

So, this definitely isn't GTA here it's Identity.  My question is, will there be a gameplay mechanic that will allow players to break into vehicles?  Maybe a lockout kit for a Tow Truck driver who needs to impound a locked vehicle?  Maybe a criminal who just wants to steal the car. . .  Will they need tools, and will they need to know how to use them properly, to quickly get in-and-out before the cops show up?  Or will they have to rob the owner of said car?

Well I am sad to not know anything on this subject but @HairyGrenade will most likely be able to help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samrichardsonn said:

Hahahaha just realised he already replied 

Do mean a mechanic like Mafia? 

I just think it should go a little deeper than just jumping in the car and poof. . .  I think a criminal should have to "jimmy" the door open, disable the alarm, hotwire the ignition. . .  etc.

5 minutes ago, Saint6 said:

I just think it should go a little deeper than just jumping in the car and poof. . .  I think a criminal should have to "jimmy" the door open, disable the alarm, hotwire the ignition. . .  etc.

Whoops, quoted the wrong person.

So you want to have it like this

Smash the window, pick the lock or jimmy the lock.

Find a way to turn off the horn 

Hotwire the car to turn on.

Is that what you were getting at or did you mean something else?

Yeah, I mean. . .  There should be a PRO level challenge there, this way not every squeeker who sees a car can jump in it and leave lol, unless maybe you leave it running like a dumbass and deserve to get your car stolen.

Edited by Saint6

Hmmm.. Maybe a specific skill tree in crime to allow different ways to break in. You'd have to reach a certain amount of break ins before being able to succeed in a car jacking.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trustvainer said:

A lockpick skill like in Skyrim, but with high difficulty.

Skyrim is too easy. Gotta have it be next level. Like diamond camo weapons in Black Ops 2 x10. Like stealing 100 objects and selling illegal objects. It's gotta be fucking hard

I think it'll be necessary to keep vehicle theft from happening every time you park your car. . .

4 minutes ago, Saint6 said:

I think it'll be necessary to keep vehicle theft from happening every time you park your car. . .

What do you mean?

Park your car to go in the store, stolen. . .  Park you car at the park, stolen.  Know that back alley behind your apartment? Stolen.  People who don't have nice cars, will always prey on people who do. . .  Unless there is a deterrent.

Even going as far as GPS locator systems, for when vehicles are stolen. (equipped models only ofcourse)

10 minutes ago, Saint6 said:

. . . and I don't know about y'all, but I'm g'na have myself a niiice ass ride!

What are you thinking of driving. I got two picked out that are so opposite of each other 

5 hours ago, tozany4u said:

All i can say is i wish we can have some Bait cars for the Police Department HAHA

That show is unreal. Those guys have zero clue why the car just dies.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Arky said:

That show is unreal. Those guys have zero clue why the car just dies.

some get really uber pissed like i am surprised they do not do more damage and rage more then we see in the videos...

I definitely think that to keep with the realism theme, car theft should definitely be an option for the criminal aspect. As you CAN steal cars in real life, but its not the skill set of any old John Q. Public. I know theres alot of police officers that jave offered their knowledge up for the developers to pick their brains, So i can offer my aspect from the criminal perspective. Theres  a few different ways you can break into a car, but to what end. Will there be a criminal enterprise that can actually chop up a car, and distribute parts, or change out VIN numbers and clean papers? Or will u just be able to steal a car to joyride, or if ur trying to escape the police? You can steal a car the brute force way, smash the window, hotwire the car, and go. If there is an alarm system, that must be disabled before hand. This is assuming there will just be keys to start ur car. I can't imagine they will go as far as chipped keys, that you physically cant start the car without. Or will they? If the car is expensive enough? Then you got the professional way, jimmy the door, bypass or disable alarm, start car, take off. If its an expensive car it should have a more sofisticated system to bypass. Or it will be, if its expensive u just cant steal it. Probably be simpler to only be able to steal middle to low end cars, as it can become a pretty complicated system if u try to make it too real...Wow what a mouthful

I heard on one of the videos circulating on YouTube that locked cars will not be able to be stolen. I don't know whether this is true or not, but I heard that cars will be treated as player apartments: Once you buy/rent it, it's yours and cannot be taken away. I'm sure there are plenty of other activities in the criminal career. Heck, there might be unowned cars that can be stolen, parked around the environment.