Sign in to follow this  
Vrilyze

Death Timer, Paramedics

To make things more interesting, implementing a "death timer" such as banning a player for 24 hours if they die. This makes it so players play much more carefully because once a player goes down the medic's are notified and then the police, police then have the choice to kill the criminal or cuff them if the victim is "dying".

But while you are dead you should be able to play some kind of mini game with the other dead players. A mini "after life" thing.

While there's that there should be paramedics, if they arrive within 4 minutes of a player "dying" they can revive the player in 10 minutes and are paid when saving a life.

"Dying" is the invincible state basically in which no matter how many times you try and shoot the person they will not die but their character will remain there, during this phase though their screen should be black until paramedics come or they die and go to the "after life".

When you come back to the world you should spawn in a hospital with the game saying something along the lines of "The doctors manage to revive you"

Edited by Vrilyze

I know the devs have said there will be a death timer, something along the lines of: The character is in the process of dying, and if someone gets their in time to save them then they will be revived on the spot, but while they're in that state people can loot their body of things they may have, excluding their clothes and smart phone. And if you die your corpse just stays there for a while for people to loot if they want.

I think having a 24 hour death timer is much too extreme, especially considering they're the victim in this situation. I don't think it's very fair for someone just going about their day who gets mugged by a trigger-happy thief should have to wait so long to be able to play again. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if something along those lines is done on servers that aren't run directly by Asylum.

If you're wondering I found out about what I know of this in the following video, which is a Q&A with the devs: 

1 hour ago, Zeliox said:

I know the devs have said there will be a death timer, something along the lines of: The character is in the process of dying, and if someone gets their in time to save them then they will be revived on the spot, but while they're in that state people can loot their body of things they may have, excluding their clothes and smart phone. And if you die your corpse just stays there for a while for people to loot if they want.

I think having a 24 hour death timer is much too extreme, especially considering they're the victim in this situation. I don't think it's very fair for someone just going about their day who gets mugged by a trigger-happy thief should have to wait so long to be able to play again. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if something along those lines is done on servers that aren't run directly by Asylum.

If you're wondering I found out about what I know of this in the following video, which is a Q&A with the devs: 

It would give my idea "Paramedics" a purpose. I do not think just any player should be able to revive another player. A 24 hour death ban is suitable to me because it gives a much more realistic effect and it makes the game all the more addicting. It makes players play much more carefully. Not only that but if they do go with this idea, like I said there should be an "after life" in which players can explore and chat with other dead people.

Police officers should be harder to kill, thus if a police officer kills a thug their friend cannot just come save them. It should be someone who's a paramedic and chooses weather or not they should. Only the police officer should be able to "revive" criminals by putting them into jail.

This creates a much more unbiased effect on the server, of choosing who lives or dies with the greater good choosing who does or doesn't. 

Besides if you're being looted you should have most of your wealthy possessions at home. Also if a police officer kills them they can take the loot back and give it to the person who lost it.

Edited by Vrilyze

28 minutes ago, Vrilyze said:

It would give my idea "Paramedics" a purpose. I do not think just any player should be able to revive another player. A 24 hour death ban is suitable to me because it gives a much more realistic effect and it makes the game all the more addicting. It makes players play much more carefully. Not only that but if they do go with this idea, like I said there should be an "after life" in which players can explore and chat with other dead people.

Police officers should be harder to kill, thus if a police officer kills a thug their friend cannot just come save them if not just anyone can revive them. It should be someone who's a paramedic and chooses weather or not they should. Only the police officer should be able to "revive" criminals by putting them into jail.

Besides if you're being looted you should have most of your wealthy possessions at home. Also if a police officer kills them they can take the loot back and give it to the person who lost it.

I'm pretty sure only paramedics will be able to revive, I don't think just anyone will be able to, at least that's how it sounded to me.

They also mentioned cops having specific gear, so I would assume they're harder to kill as well.