Sporan

The First Governor Debate

Hello, candidates and fellow concerned citizens. After discussion with the candidates for the Governorship, most have agreed to participate in a debate, in order to discuss their ideas in a public setting, and let the general population get a feel for their candidates and compare one another.

I think it's wonderful that the candidates and community want to become so involved in this, and I'll be excited to host or help with this event. If you have ideas about what platform this debate could best be held on (discord, forum post, etc) please, let me know.

I want the community, as well as the candidates involved in this, as it'll be a lot of fun, and a nice bit of RP too! If anyone has any suggestions for this event, let me know. If you wish to participate in the debate, also let me know, I don't want anyone coming in last minute.

Good luck to all of you candidates!

Thanks to the candidates  for working this out with me!

Edit: We will be holding the debate next weekend, as to gather more details, generate notice, allow the candidates to prepare, and let the people know what they're asking.

Edited by Sporan
Adding content
  • Like 7

Thanks for setting this up Sporan, I am looking forward to participating! 

On 2/9/2017 at 10:18 AM, DanDud88 said:

Who is running by the way?

Check out this post for a list of who is running: 

I think the people should be allowed to ask questions directly to the candidates in Discord, and the debate can be recorded and uploaded to YouTube. I certainly have some questions I want to ask about the structure and functionality of each Party's proposed government, how they plan on preventing totalitarianism, as well as what they plan on doing with all of the tax dollars they will be collecting (hopefully funding police, judges, ems, firefighters, and any other organization that needs to be a non-profit).

Edited by uncannierlink
  • Like 1

I think the best approach for this will be: A townhall style debate where the citizens ask questions of the candidates one at a time, and they debate the topic for a period of time. That way, each citizen can have a voice, and we can answer what's on everyone's mind.

16 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

I think the people should be allowed to ask questions directly to the candidates in Discord, and the debate can be recorded and uploaded to YouTube. I certainly have some questions I want to ask about the structure and functionality of each Party's proposed government, how they plan on preventing totalitarianism, as well as what they plan on doing with all of the tax dollars they will be collecting (hopefully funding police, judges, ems, firefighters, and any other organization that needs to be a non-profit).

We currently have a Discord server run by myself for the candidates and citizens. We can use that to host the debate, considering the candidates that want to participate are already in it. 

Thanks for the response and suggestions, and I'd love your feedback!

We'll have to push back the date to next weekend, so that a candidate can join. But we have plenty of time to do this, so it's perfectly fine!

14 hours ago, FlyingDuck said:

Well, I will be interested in investing in a campaign. 

I'm sure the candidates would be more than happy to have somebody working with them! Check out their posts, find out who you most align yourself with, and contact them about working with them.

3 hours ago, CarsonEudy said:

Is there a set date that the debate will be on?

Because the candidates all have their own schedules and different time zones, it's hard to gather them all at once. So, for now, I'll be collecting a group of questions, made by myself and the community, to ask on a forum post, where they will openly debate. This will happen next week.

On 19/02/2017 at 4:09 PM, Sporan said:

Because the candidates all have their own schedules and different time zones, it's hard to gather them all at once. So, for now, I'll be collecting a group of questions, made by myself and the community, to ask on a forum post, where they will openly debate. This will happen next week.

How are you collecting the questions asked by the community?  

9 minutes ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

How are you collecting the questions asked by the community?  

PM whatever questions you have to me, and I'll add them. This is to avoid the candidates getting the questions ahead of time.

16 minutes ago, Sporan said:

PM whatever questions you have to me, and I'll add them. This is to avoid the candidates getting the questions ahead of time.

Thanks sent you 10 questions. I may send more...

7 minutes ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Thanks sent you 10 questions. I may send more...

Send as much as you like, I may not use them all right away, but they all will be asked one time or another.

Sporan I believe you should host one-on-one interviews with candidates with these questions. I feel as though being able to answer on the spot will greatly help candidates prepare an answer that the public wants to hear rather than the truth. Get the questions, and then do one-on-one interviews so that we don't have time to prepare answers.

• Like 3

Hey, sorry I wasn't able to host the event this weekend.  This was due to me being in the hospital for the past week, and I couldn't focus on this at the time.  I'll be doing it soon, sorry for any types of inconveniences.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 11:19 AM, Sporan said:

Hey, sorry I wasn't able to host the event this weekend.  This was due to me being in the hospital for the past week, and I couldn't focus on this at the time.  I'll be doing it soon, sorry for any types of inconveniences.

Myself & my Royal Family will be very involved with this debate! As a real-life politician I've had experience debating and would to do it again! @Sporan it was very smart of you to make this topic! If you find the time please PM me so we can discuss some other things too!

7 minutes ago, RogerTheShrubber said:

When are these debates because I would like to join as a candidate?

Yes, I as well! 

8 hours ago, PrezLegend said:

Myself & my Royal Family will be very involved with this debate! As a real-life politician I've had experience debating and would to do it again! @Sporan it was very smart of you to make this topic! If you find the time please PM me so we can discuss some other things too!

You are a real-life polititian what office r u or what office did you run for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasHetch said:

You are a real-life polititian what office r u or what office did you run for?

I'm the youngest politician in Texas! I'm Temp. Precinct Chair and at 15 it's nice!

Just so everyone knows what a Precinct Chair is:   Precinct Chairs are the backbone of the Dallas County Democratic Party. A Precinct Chair is the local representative of the Democratic Party and its candidates at the neighborhood, grass-roots level in each voting precinct. Each of Dallas County's 775 voting precincts can have its own Precinct Chair (though many have few or even no voters, and are covered by their neighbors).  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/22/youngest-legislators-america_n_6680330.html

Above link are actual young politicians.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kracken said:

Just so everyone knows what a Precinct Chair is:   Precinct Chairs are the backbone of the Dallas County Democratic Party. A Precinct Chair is the local representative of the Democratic Party and its candidates at the neighborhood, grass-roots level in each voting precinct. Each of Dallas County's 775 voting precincts can have its own Precinct Chair (though many have few or even no voters, and are covered by their neighbors).  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/22/youngest-legislators-america_n_6680330.html

Above link are actual young politicians.

Even though you didn't @  me it sure did feel like that was directed at me! As I said I'm a temp. Precinct Chair,  Tarrant County Democratic Party Chairwoman Mrs. Peoples had me appointed to fill in on the duties of one of the chairs I'm close to due to their illness. Please,  before you treat me as a liar ask me questions so I can prove my honesty! Also, I'm the youngest campaign advisor for Tarrant County, working closely with Mr. Romero. 

IMG_20170209_210102_195.jpg.5d171fe55d40

Edited by PrezLegend
  • Like 1