Rylet

House Occupants and Server Queues

I was just thinking about how the housing seems to be designed, and I had an idea:

If you are an occupant of a house, you should get a Premium slot in the queue to join the server your house is on.

This would help lead to the sense of accomplishment from having access to a house. 

To clarify, I think the house "occupant" should have the slot, NOT necessarily the homeowner. If the house is rented out to someone, there is not really a need to give the owner a premium slot. 

This may be something y'all already have in the works, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rylet said:

I was just thinking about how the housing seems to be designed, and I had an idea:

If you are an occupant of a house, you should get a Premium slot in the queue to join the server your house is on.

This would help lead to the sense of accomplishment from having access to a house. 

To clarify, I think the house "occupant" should have the slot, NOT necessarily the homeowner. If the house is rented out to someone, there is not really a need to give the owner a premium slot. 

This may be something y'all already have in the works, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case. 

My opinion is that I like the first come, first served basis. If you don't join quicker than others then why should we get premium slots on that server. Yes I like the idea but if the server is full then you got to wait which is unfortunate for you.

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

My opinion is that I like the first come, first served basis. If you don't join quicker than others then why should we get premium slots on that server. Yes I like the idea but if the server is full then you got to wait which is unfortunate for you.

Because others can play on any server. Your house is only available on the one. 

4 minutes ago, Rylet said:

Because others can play on any server. Your house is only available on the one. 

True, but you got to remember the server is not going to be limited to the first 300 players and so if someone starts playing on that server because he is new, it would not be fair if it happens like that on all the servers as he will never get in and play....

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

True, but you got to remember the server is not going to be limited to the first 300 players and so if someone starts playing on that server because he is new, it would not be fair if it happens like that on all the servers as he will never get in and play....

I'm not saying the slot should be blocked out, just that when someone with a house queues up, they get a higher priority to get in. 

Idk, it might not work in practice. But I just wanted to put it out there to make sure potential issues like that are considered. It probably already is, but with everything else they are working on, sometimes things might be overlooked.

• Like 1