Sign in to follow this  
Erlich

Dye Packs

Since this is a game all about realism, so what if from time to time your doing a bank heist and and you get away but then your a bang and you and the money are covered in dye. Could be a nice feature 

3 hours ago, FatJesusGaming said:

Since this is a game all about realism, so what if from time to time your doing a bank heist and and you get away but then your a bang and you and the money are covered in dye. Could be a nice feature 

Please re-phrase the scenario bit as i don't make a lot of sense. However I don't think that feature will be in the game as because it is not a feature needed...

37 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Please re-phrase the scenario bit as i don't make a lot of sense. However I don't think that feature will be in the game as because it is not a feature needed...

Dye packs were a system used in america to make money robbed by bank robbers useless. Basically a pack of dye would be slipped into the bank robbers bag with the money, after a little bit it would explode and cover all the money in blue or purple dye. However, they stopped using them as it was too risky for the teller to try and slip in it and risk getting caught.

22 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

Dye packs were a system used in america to make money robbed by bank robbers useless. Basically a pack of dye would be slipped into the bank robbers bag with the money, after a little bit it would explode and cover all the money in blue or purple dye. However, they stopped using them as it was too risky for the teller to try and slip in it and risk getting caught.

Exactly, it is not used no more (forgive me I am not an american/ don't know what they had at points/ England is very different in many ways.)

But however because you explained it for me, I get why you would want it yet no one will be "Working" in a bank and so only the robbers will be in there other than hostages who will most likely be zip-tied hence why it is not practical. (My opinion)

3 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Exactly, it is not used no more (forgive me I am not an american/ don't know what they had at points/ England is very different in many ways.)

But however because you explained it for me, I get why you would want it yet no one will be "Working" in a bank and so only the robbers will be in there other than hostages who will most likely be zip-tied hence why it is not practical. (My opinion)

Dye Packs are still used in banks in America and Britain not sure about any other countries. 

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Dye Packs are still used in banks in America and Britain not sure about any other countries. 

They stopped using them because of lawsuits. It's cheaper to let the robber steal the money than to have a teller get shot for trying to slip one in.

• Like 1