LuciousTimes

Mr. Lucious Times For Governor ( The Royal Family Party )

20 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

When your party forms an allegiance with elite business conglomerates, private military, top ranking officials, etc who probably all have varying views on the shape of government... you don't feel that this creates a central interest of your elite supporters over the collective people? 

Genuine question. 

They all have their interest, but as we discuss in our Discord...there is no favoritism in our government! Fair is all we care for!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Sorry Keys, exactly what were you trying to say?

Something about making a bill of rights or something? I do not think this is a good idea so early on because once we give anyone rights as apposed to privileges it becomes very difficult to remove them. For example it is very difficult to acquire a gun legally in the UK, but if they were asked to give their guns in tomorrow there would be a lot less uproar that if the USA decided to confiscate all guns. A set of rights should not be established yet if at all.

5 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

Something about making a bill of rights or something? I do not think this is a good idea so early on because once we give anyone rights as apposed to privileges it becomes very difficult to remove them. For example it is very difficult to acquire a gun legally in the UK, but if they were asked to give their guns in tomorrow there would be a lot less uproar that if the USA decided to confiscate all guns. A set of rights should not be established yet if at all.

Ahhh, I see what you're saying! 

• Like 2

A great point has been made...there are too many political parties! Especially when some are very similar! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

A great point has been made...there are too many political parties! Especially when some are very similar! 

Parties will naturally merge, and others will dissipate in time. It's just the natural cycle of politics, so nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, SupremeLeader said:

Parties will naturally merge, and others will dissipate in time. It's just the natural cycle of politics, so nothing to worry about.

Yes, and I'm not worried I was simply pointing it out! On a recent topic in these Podium Topics an individual made that point. I wish I was aware who it was so that I could grant him the credit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

Yes, and I'm not worried I was simply pointing it out! On a recent topic in these Podium Topics an individual made that point. I wish I was aware who it was so that I could grant him the credit.

Ah, I see

On 4/9/2017 at 0:30 PM, LuciousTimes said:

Weed & Alcohol are legal, I remember seeing it on the forums awhile back! What makes you so certain it's "absolutely false"!

Alcohol will be legal, however, the governor will be allowed to decide the legality of marijuana. This is how it was in Asylum life, and I see no reason why the devs would change this.

21 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

Alcohol will be legal, however, the governor will be allowed to decide the legality of marijuana. This is how it was in Asylum life, and I see no reason why the devs would change this.

So...not absolutely false! That's I agree with you, I bet you're right!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2017 at 9:38 PM, LuciousTimes said:

Yes, if everyone is taxed 10% it's fair across the board!

that wont be fair b/c some of us will make less and it will be harder for us to get by.

5 minutes ago, qwerty1029 said:

that wont be fair b/c some of us will make less and it will be harder for us to get by.

Yes it's fair! 10% is 10%! If you make $600,000 a year you pay $60,000 in taxes! If you make $60,000 a year you pay $6,000 in taxes! It's fair, whether you're rich or poor you're still paying the same percentage of your money! 

• Like 1

Running for Governor automatically puts a target on your head! These are the threats to look forward to!

Started conversation: 8 hours ago · Report

"I see you are on quite a roll on becoming governor. But, sadly I'm going to have to ask you to slow it down and stop this journey. I have a client that is interested in becoming the governor and I'm making sure he gets his wish. You can always go in when he resigns or when there is another election. This will be your only warning before I have to take action. 

Have a good day.

~Sal Cornado" aka @IDEN

• Like 1

No matter how long we wait for the game, or new ideas come out...no matter anything, I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE FOR GOVERNOR!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

No matter how long we wait for the game, or new ideas come out...no matter anything, I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE FOR GOVERNOR!

Damn that's some dedication

6 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

Damn that's some dedication

This is what I truly want to do and I'm staying with it no matter what!

• Like 1

I have seen several campains for govenor where the tax ideas have been all out of proportions, then 10% as income tax is fine by me, but to tax buisness for further more 10% are a bit strange, first people have to make the Money through jobs, pay 10% then invest their money into a buisness and then it start to pay back then they have to pay 10% again of their own invested money (that they allready payed taxes for that does not make sense.

In Denmark and Sweden (North europe) we have some of the highest tax rates in the world, and its not only the income tax, but also on fuel, cars and on diffrent products, so the more you consume the more you are paying to goverment.

But all taxes are income tax based. So if you get a sallery from a job you get payed out x amount of money and you pay x amount of taxes (actually before it even ends on youre account, in most country it does work that way).

If you run a company then it works this way, simple explained, you invest 60.000 dollars, (money you allready payed taxes for) then youre company start to get some income, and you end up with 100.000 dollars in income, then you dont pay taxes for youre investment (since you allready payed taxes for those money), but pay taxes for the other 40.000 dollars. Then you can invest again etc.

in sweden its around 30-35% regardless income, in the income taxes. (and think Denmark have it a little higher). But that gives free roads, free educations, (you actually gets payed to educate), free Healthcare, if you dont have any income then the local community helps you to get back on feet with a living payed by goverment,  it pays police, etc. (But most of theese cost are not in the game)

In game are the only thing to pay are the politicians, and police, firedepartment, and hospitals, as it is for now, so realistic all candidates should try to figure out what is fair for all the players, (and companys) and realistic. The healthcare system.
Is that when people gets killed they will get some amount, ?
Try come up with some bills/fines on what the criminals have to pay, when they do a crime, and what to pay on what crime type, it can be a part of paying off to the police cost, and that way help lower the tax rate for all that works their legal way in Identity.

2 hours ago, Turaxis said:

I have seen several campains for govenor where the tax ideas have been all out of proportions, then 10% as income tax is fine by me, but to tax buisness for further more 10% are a bit strange, first people have to make the Money through jobs, pay 10% then invest their money into a buisness and then it start to pay back then they have to pay 10% again of their own invested money (that they allready payed taxes for that does not make sense.

In Denmark and Sweden (North europe) we have some of the highest tax rates in the world, and its not only the income tax, but also on fuel, cars and on diffrent products, so the more you consume the more you are paying to goverment.

But all taxes are income tax based. So if you get a sallery from a job you get payed out x amount of money and you pay x amount of taxes (actually before it even ends on youre account, in most country it does work that way).

If you run a company then it works this way, simple explained, you invest 60.000 dollars, (money you allready payed taxes for) then youre company start to get some income, and you end up with 100.000 dollars in income, then you dont pay taxes for youre investment (since you allready payed taxes for those money), but pay taxes for the other 40.000 dollars. Then you can invest again etc.

in sweden its around 30-35% regardless income, in the income taxes. (and think Denmark have it a little higher). But that gives free roads, free educations, (you actually gets payed to educate), free Healthcare, if you dont have any income then the local community helps you to get back on feet with a living payed by goverment,  it pays police, etc. (But most of theese cost are not in the game)

In game are the only thing to pay are the politicians, and police, firedepartment, and hospitals, as it is for now, so realistic all candidates should try to figure out what is fair for all the players, (and companys) and realistic. The healthcare system.
Is that when people gets killed they will get some amount, ?
Try come up with some bills/fines on what the criminals have to pay, when they do a crime, and what to pay on what crime type, it can be a part of paying off to the police cost, and that way help lower the tax rate for all that works their legal way in Identity.

I'll do so, but just to specify...the 10% being taxed to businesses is only bein taxed to profit. After employees have been paid, spending has been done etc. A business could almost end up having hardly any tax!

• Like 2

"The People's Revolutionary Party" shall counter against the bourgeois-policies that are enacted by "The Royal Family Party". 

Fortunately, your party may reign in office for a short period of time considering that my character intends to function as a political, commercial, militaristic, and commercial espionage agent. Thus, after a few years of your party's possible reign within office, "The People's Revolutionary Party" shall be formed in order to counter against the bourgeoisie.

5 minutes ago, DLimit said:

"The People's Revolutionary Party" shall counter against the bourgeois-policies that are enacted by "The Royal Family Party". 

Fortunately, your party may reign in office for a short period of time considering that my character intends to function as a political, commercial, militaristic, and commercial espionage agent. Thus, after a few years of your party's possible reign within office, "The People's Revolutionary Party" shall be formed in order to counter against the bourgeoisie.

I don't understand the harshest,  however, I do appreciate you realizing the party's potential! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

I don't understand the harshest,  however, I do appreciate you realizing the party's potential! 

The organization is harsh based on the sole premise that it opposes capitalism, including the bourgeoisie that continue to perpetuate the exploitative system against the hard-working proletarians of the nation.

Maintain a watchful eye for espionage agents...