DrFelixPhD

DrFelixPhD makes a return...with tech questions!

Hey all!

Firstly, I have to apologise for my recent absence. I'm aware that it's been well over a year since I last retained a consistent profile on these forums, so I need to keep up. Secondly, hello to all the new players that have joined since December 2015! It's fantastic to see the game undergoing something of a second coming, so I can rest safe in the knowledge that there'll always be a huge number of people to share some great times when Identity (finally) reaches its release!

But on to my original question;
I'm currently undergoing something of a PC upgrade and not having really delved into the world of PC construction in the past before, I could use some help. I have already ordered the parts online and with the help of my far more experienced SO, I'm planning on starting work in a couple of days time. What is worrying me, however, is the possibly of a hardware limitation when attempting to play Identity. For instance, I bought an i3-6300 (yes, I'm aware, not overly fantastic but it was all I could afford on my shitty income), a GTX 1050 and 8GB of RAM. With the fairly sub-standard quality of the dual-core i3, will it be possible to play Identity easily (even on a lower graphics setting) or not at all? I understand that we are still awaiting news of system requirements, however, given its similarity to other titles - Arma 2/3 etc - does anyone have any clue at all?

Thanks in advance and once again, hello!
DrFelixPhD

Edited by DrFelixPhD