Sign in to follow this  
dmonic

Chat system & Ping

Question

Hey, guys. I'm planning on getting citizenship, is it worth to get it now? I've been craving for a game of this genre, but I'm wondering how the voice chat or chat system would work. 

IDK if it's me, but I don't know if the game will be very laggy especially for someone living in Singapore since most of you guys are Americans or Westerners. 

Another thing is the voice chat, I don't know about most of you guys... but will it play a major role? Will there be voice changers to fit the avatar you created? If not, there will be players who are insecure about their voices, or young players in general whom won't be able to fit right into the game. (Considering I'm 16 myself and I do have a weird accent because I'm bilingual, different languages have different way of phrasing stuff so it might be a challenge for me personally)

Can't imagine a cop or a grown ass gorilla looking man sounding like a 12 yr old lmao. Because if that's the case you have restricted alot of younger audiences or people who don't fit in or sound the way westerners do. *Ahem* (me)

EDIT: Oh yeah, how come the first module is still 76%? I don't see any increase the past couple of days. O.o

Edited by dmonic

6 answers to this question

12 hours ago, dmonic said:

Hey, guys. I'm planning on getting citizenship, is it worth to get it now? I've been craving for a game of this genre, but I'm wondering how the voice chat or chat system would work. 

IDK if it's me, but I don't know if the game will be very laggy especially for someone living in Singapore since most of you guys are Americans or Westerners. 

Another thing is the voice chat, I don't know about most of you guys... but will it play a major role? Will there be voice changers to fit the avatar you created? If not, there will be players who are insecure about their voices, or young players in general whom won't be able to fit right into the game. (Considering I'm 16 myself and I do have a weird accent because I'm bilingual, different languages have different way of phrasing stuff so it might be a challenge for me personally)

Can't imagine a cop or a grown ass gorilla looking man sounding like a 12 yr old lmao. Because if that's the case you have restricted alot of younger audiences or people who don't fit in or sound the way westerners do. *Ahem* (me)

EDIT: Oh yeah, how come the first module is still 76%? I don't see any increase the past couple of days. O.o

1. No Voice changers to fit avatars, but yes the voice chat will be VOIP and will play a major part to immersion, there is however going to be a simple chat function but the game focuses on voice chat.

2. Official servers will most likely be in the Oceanic area anyways.

3. Nothing for sure but hopefully they are considering that you must use a microphone to be cop so that immersion is not broken.

4. That bar is not automatically adjusted and is actually manually changed when the developers feel they hit a milestone.

Edited by JamesLuck01

Right. I do not mind the voice chat, but is it okay if I speak in any other language other than English? Personally, my English has an accent or I do phrase some of my sentence weirdly when I talk although typing won't be much of a problem. 

10 minutes ago, dmonic said:

Right. I do not mind the voice chat, but is it okay if I speak in any other language other than English? Personally, my English has an accent or I do phrase some of my sentence weirdly when I talk although typing won't be much of a problem. 

Well if it's a server which everyone is speaking English then generally you can't speak another language because no one might understand what you are saying and causing immersion breakage but I don't see why they would restrict it, but I am sure it will be English Only servers for the Official servers (My guess). However there will be many people with private servers which may be a particular language spoken.

Thanks, mate. One last thing, if the server is located in oceania.. (I'm SEA btw) will I have a lot of trouble playing ID? PVP and PVE wise, hope it doesn't go above 150 ~200 ping ish. Perhaps there will be servers located in the SEA region in the future?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmonic said:

Thanks, mate. One last thing, if the server is located in oceania.. (I'm SEA btw) will I have a lot of trouble playing ID? PVP and PVE wise, hope it doesn't go above 150 ~200 ping ish. Perhaps there will be servers located in the SEA region in the future?

I would probably doubt you will get a high ping like that, but we have to wait and see really but hopefully it will be low ping for everyone.

Alright. I'm going to pledge 30 dollars for the game now, thanks for answering my questions man, cheers!

EDIT: Pledged.

Edited by dmonic
  • Like 2