JohnNYBlaze

How You Doin' from L.I. N.Y.

Hows everybody doin? My name is John. I'm 38 married with 3 kids, and have played video games since Atari 2600, console mostly with a few computer games played thru the years. I do not own a computer, and am buying one specifically because Identity looks like an experience i want to be a part of, and honestly dont want to miss out on. What will i need to run Identity smoothly? I am starting from scratch. I was curious about the criminal aspect of Identity, will there be crooked cops, lawyers and judges and others "on the take". How long will these current pledges be up, I want to get a system and need to know how long i have to make a pledge on the current system of prices and rewards. Looking forward to making my own "Identity".

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
Forgot a question
  • Like 1

Hi, welcome to Identity John! ^.^ Not sure about all of your questions, but I'm about 95% sure that some of the current pledges will be taken down/ increase in price once the first module is released (Q1 of 2017 which most people are saying is around March). :D 

• Like 1

Hey John! Welcome to Identity! We are happy to have you here. To answer your question about what you will need to run Identity smoothly, I have seen some posts that say that a computer that runs GTA 5 and similar games will be sufficient. I'm sure as the game gets closer to release, the developers will release what specs are required.

Happy gaming!

All the best,
Bobby Cruz

• Like 2

To answer your question about the crooked cops, I believe it is no. The devs want a very clear line between cops and criminals, but I'm sure some people will find their way around that. Bobby Cruz is correct in that a computer with the capability to run games, like Arma 3 and GTA V, will be sufficient.

Finally, welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy it here!

• Like 1

Hello O'le chap and Welcome to the identity community!

What do you look forward to most about Identity? 

What are your goals in Identity?

Please read the 2 FAQ's which are linked in my signature.

Please feel free to use the resources on this forum/ website to gather information on the game.

If you have not found something within the resources, please don't hesitate to ask as everyone here is happy to help!

Cheerio!

• Like 1

I am not computer savy in any way whatsoever, Is there any specifics as to what kinda graphics card i need? This looks to be way more involved than GTA could ever be on console. What are ball park guesstimates for how much this system might run me?  Are there certain places I should go to or stay away from when looking for a gaming computer? Will we be able to design our own cars? I've always wanted to put my car in a game. I know ur not going for licensing on cars so what will the process be for vehicles, and design?

22 minutes ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I am not computer savy in any way whatsoever, Is there any specifics as to what kinda graphics card i need? This looks to be way more involved than GTA could ever be on console. What are ball park guesstimates for how much this system might run me?  Are there certain places I should go to or stay away from when looking for a gaming computer? Will we be able to design our own cars? I've always wanted to put my car in a game. I know ur not going for licensing on cars so what will the process be for vehicles, and design?

1. You cannot design or make your own cars. 

2. You only need a PC which allows you to be able to run games like GTA V, Arma 3 and ARK. If your computer can do that then you are fine on specs for identity. Identity don't have any official recommended specs yet though.

3. I don't know what GPU which is the minimum for those games, but I can run them fine with mine which is the GTX 970, but I would go for a GTX 1070, with a better CPU than mine, which maybe would be just go for a gaming one. CPU = i5 6600k.

I hope someone else can maybe give you more advice on a good build other than me.

No thats awesome, thanks for the advice...i tried to play Second Life on my wife's laptop, It Barely made it, and it looked like ps2 graphics. So im gonna have to go buy a whole gaming computer. Im getting a 4k TV so i want a system that can utilize 4k

IMAG0158.jpg

I just bought my new rig, i went for an i7-7700k @4.2 GHz , EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 8GB GDDR5X, Viper Elite DDR4 16GB 2400MHz, SeaGate 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 7200Rpm 64 MB Hard Drive, SanDisk+ 480GB SSD, ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 2 LGA1151 DDR4 mobo, EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 80+ Bronze 850W Semi modular power supply, and a Samsung 4k UHD Monitor, with 1ms response, AMD FreeSync. This is my 1st PC. EXCITED... doesnt even cover it! I'm so amped! I have never really gotten into PC and for me to go and buy a gaming rig (was NOT cheap lol) just because i want to be a part of Identity, shows how great Identity can potentially be. Thanks for all your help, and advice about getting my own pc

• Like 1